PA Guy

Newsflash, he sucks. Also, what is the problem with getting replays on the scoreboard? Constant shots of the huddle, and "M" logo bouncing around and flipping over. And for big plays, it's ok to show a replay more than once. Everything else is outstanding.

I'm pretty sure the reason they don't show all the replays is because the Big Ten encourages teams not to replay controversial plays.

...pro-Rah, pro-First Down Cheer, and pro-key jingling.

Out of order but what the heck.

My 10 and 7 year old boys LOVE the first down cheer. It has existed since before they were born. For them, this is the only way they know how to celebrate a first down whether we're up huge, down huge, or a close game. That's how traditions start and endure.

"Rah" is part of the friggin' cheer. Do it!

Personally I hate the key thing, but the masses have taken to it, so make it loud and proud.

And to appease the older and younger crown, we need to start playing this [note: I have zero idea of whey they use this image on the video. And I have no interest in finding out why.]:

I also don't like......

1. Key jingling
2. The Twins PA guy (JUST in morneau)
3. Ketchup on hot dogs

I don't mind our PA guy. It's not his fault that he has to announce all these shameless promotions. (Case IH redzone makes me want to punch myself in the face) He is better than the Twins guy and the Badgers PA guy. WI might have the worst.

Ugh.. the key jingling needs to die. This is a misplaced remnant of an old tradition that has become completely bastardized over the years. When I was in college, this was done on "key plays" (like going for it on 4th and 1, down by 2 with 30 seconds remaining in the game). This totally makes sense! However, in most cases, the opening kickoff is rarely such a play. My guess is that at some point, years ago, there was a kickoff that WAS a key play (perhaps an onside situation or something) and this tradition became permanently derailed.

GO GOPHERS! and stop jingling your keys, even if PA Guy tells you to.

Not even talking about controversial ones.

Correct me if I'm off on this, but didn't you write, last season, that you were thinking of dropping your tickets if the PA guy didn't get replaced?

Top Bottom