P5 NIL Team Rankings + G5 notables

ON3 is pretty well known for just making up numbers ...

I don't know what they're up to today but at one point last fall some rando 3rd string from a big school entered the portal, ON3 posted some predicted NIL number nearly .5 million ... for god knows what reason.

Dude ended up at some random lower end G5...

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/about-on3-nil-valuation-per-post-value/

"The algorithm-driven On3 NIL Valuation comes from 27 years of data and science innovation in college sports publishing. From the architects of the three major high school and college databases, the valuation was developed with the assistance of multiple machine learning engineers. From the creators of a science-backed rating system of high school athletes, the evaluation also was born following the creation of On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine, which is an algorithm and machine learning-based product to predict where athletes will attend college. Since the RPM was released in December 2021, it has a greater than 86% success rate.

On top of the experienced staff who created the On3 NIL Valuation, On3 has over 250 reporters and 30 years of connections with coaches, agents, media brands and administrators to get an unprecedented look behind the curtain of the current environment of college sports. Combined with a team of data scientists, engineers and developers who are experienced professionals in the space.

And with a dedicated NIL staff, which is the largest in the nation, which keeps tabs on the pulse of NIL in college athletes. The On3 NIL Deal Tracker has already tracked nearly 4,000 individual brand deals to date."

--

It's just data for analysts, players, and people representing players to ballpark NIL brand. For me, it's fun because I like math. (I'm a programmer) It's fun to see a glimpse of what things are being reported. The deal tracker sources are real, the numbers are valuations. If isn't enjoyable to you, that's fine.

I never said numbers were accurate to dollar. In fact, I assumed they were not to avoid legal trouble.

Just because someone puts something on the internet doesn’t mean it’s accurate.

Yes. Made up math not based on what players tell them they make. They’re just using “reported” deals and then trying to extrapolate and make an algorithm for all teams. Garbage in=garbage out. I put no stock in this reported number and would not use it. No doubt the number is astronomically different at some of these schools

Everyone knows, or should know, that one of the most, if not, the top subject which people exaggerate about is money; self-reporting isn’t an accurate barometer.

Last edited:

Top Bottom