Our Status in the Big Ten

Still makes no sense to me that Wright gets so few targets, these days.

CAB, fine.

Are Dan Jackson and MBS clearly head-and-shoulders better receivers? I have not seen that myself, but it is easily the position I'm least familiar with.

People forget how a number of those 11 wins were last second, miracle wins against teams we should have hammered.

I haven't forgotten. In fact....I've mentioned it a bunch this year. Let Miami of Ohio back into the game because of conservative gameplanning. And it finally bit us against Bowling Green.

Are you seeing 9 wins with Morgan? Or someone else?
What you saw against Iowa is what we will see for the rest of the year.

Fleck. Sanford. Morgan.

If they thought that what they put on the field yesterday was what would give them the best chance to beat Iowa ..... that isn't going to change over the next two weeks.

And especially when I assume we will go to Bloomington and have a good game.

Still makes no sense to me that Wright gets so few targets, these days.

CAB, fine.

Are Dan Jackson and MBS clearly head-and-shoulders better receivers? I have not seen that myself, but it is easily the position I'm least familiar with.

I don't get it at all. Both MBS and Jackson have trouble catching the ball. And neither is all that electrifying after the catch. We ran a few designed routes to MBS yesterday. One....earlier in the game.....he dropped. Right in his hands. And then the prayer at the end of the game. Again....a pretty catchable ball that hit him in his hands. That's a pass that should go to CAB first.....Wright second. Not MBS.

I have been a Gopher fan all my life and will continue to be so. I have high hopes some years; the hopes get beaten down to reality most years. But the realistic floor I have for the Gophers is higher under Fleck.

We ran a very balanced attack in 2019, which helped us greatly to 11 wins. We haven’t run a balanced attack this year, which probably accounts for the fact that we will be a 6 or 7 win team—still a bowl team—leaving a few supposedly easy wins on the field.

Maybe 2022, with the annual change in personnel, will see us return to running a balanced offense in every game. I hope so. I believe our passing game isn’t here for us now because we neglected to develop its assets in game conditions, shelving it after it made a good showing against OSU. I’m sure this was a good reason … just don’t know what it was.
There was not a good reason.

What you saw against Iowa is what we will see for the rest of the year.

Fleck. Sanford. Morgan.

If they thought that what they put on the field yesterday was what would give them the best chance to beat Iowa ..... that isn't going to change over the next two weeks.

And especially when I assume we will go to Bloomington and have a good game.
Then you can't get to nine wins.

Top Bottom