Oturu to enter draft per ESPN

Good luck Daniel and thanks for coming to the University of Minnesota to play basketball!

Oturu has posted on Instagram that he's hiring an agent. So for those that think there's a chance he's coming back, there's your answer. Go get paid young man.

Oturu has posted on Instagram that he's hiring an agent. So for those that think there's a chance he's coming back, there's your answer. Go get paid young man.
I am not disagreeing with you that he is gone, but I thought you could now hire an agent and still back out? No?

Yes you can hire a agent and return to school.

I could be wrong but I thought those types of "agents" were advisers appointed by the NCAA to give draft feedback. If he hires and pays an agent, he forfeits his amateur status and college eligibility. Maybe that rule changed and I missed it, not sure. The main point stands regardless, he's not coming back. He deserves his time, and to get paid.

I wonder if the sports media at other big ten schools are so "you gotta go pro" man - forget your lats years in college... Seems like MSU, Penn State, and other schools got players to remain more year...

From all appearances Oturu is not coming back. Can’t blame him at all. No need to stick around when next season looks no different than this season

He should move on. Totally makes sense, and having a Gopher go in the first round will be sweet to see. Plus, letting everyone know now helps with recruiting. The U is great landing spot for some big. Let see what Pitino can do.

I really hope Daniel ends up in the first round as it's been a long time since Kris Humphries. Daniel vastly exceeding expectations was one of the few bright spots in one of the more brutal years I can recall as a Gopher fan (in regards to record plus missed opportunities, recruiting, etc...).

Lol, last NBA game in 2009.

joel pryzbilla Was drafted 9th in the draft and played 13 years

kris humphries was drafted 14th in the draft and played 13 years. His career just ended a few years ago.

I could be wrong but I thought those types of "agents" were advisers appointed by the NCAA to give draft feedback. If he hires and pays an agent, he forfeits his amateur status and college eligibility. Maybe that rule changed and I missed it, not sure. The main point stands regardless, he's not coming back. He deserves his time, and to get paid.
The rule changed last year. Amir took advantage of it last year.

Gonna miss him. That was the best season by an individual gopher I've ever seen. He did everything the right way. I really hope he gets drafted in the first round. It really seems like he should. That would be nice for him to end up on a good team.

no surprise, good luck to the young man

A short career but one of the Gopher greats in practically every way. I just love the kid.

Sucks to see him go, but will be fun to see what he can do in the NBA. Hopefully he just keeps getting better and better.

This whole thing by Oturu is being done with class and it will end up being great for our program. No local kid can say that you can't go play for Pitino, fast track your development under him and go play in the league if you have the ability and attitude.

I wonder if the sports media at other big ten schools are so "you gotta go pro" man - forget your lats years in college... Seems like MSU, Penn State, and other schools got players to remain more year...

No, I don't think so. Tony Carr went after his sophomore year at Penn State a couple of years ago. Lamar Stevens, as I recall, was not projected as a first rounder in mock drafts last year so he wasn't a slam dunk to go last season. Yes, Cassius Winston remained for his senior year but Miles Bridges, Jaren Jackson, Gary Harris, and others were early entries from MSU over the last five or six years.

Pretty classy. I like the possibility of him being a great ambassador for the program in years to come. Not surprised at all. Hard to see him equaling his out put from this year, and pretty hard to raise hist stock. Just wish the team could have been more successful with such a great individual performance this year.

Top Bottom