Oturu to enter draft per ESPN

Pretty classy. I like the possibility of him being a great ambassador for the program in years to come. Not surprised at all. Hard to see him equaling his out put from this year, and pretty hard to raise hist stock. Just wish the team could have been more successful with such a great individual performance this year.

Yeah it's so hard to get a talent like Oturu, so to not have a chance to fully take advantage is disappointing. The silver lining is that he will be a great ambassador for the program like you said and can potentially help us with recruiting. If he has a good NBA career and continues to talk up the program, he can help us for a long time.

My last thought on Oturo leaving... Since I'm a greedy gopher fan - I saw next year as a contending year for hoops with Dan and Marcus leading the way. I saw Dan getting all big ten even national team honors and a nice payoff the next year. Good luck to Dan and everybody stay as healthy as you can!!!

Hope DO gets into the first round. On the whole, his leaving early is more good than bad for the program. High-end HS talent can do just fine in Minnesota.

Top Bottom