Other B1G Games Thread

If Nebraska finishes fourth or fifth in the conference, there's no frickin' keeping them out of the tourney no matter what the Gophers do. Imagine excluding a team with a first round bye in the BTT!

When looking at us on the bubble, we need to put Nebraska in ahead of us I believe.

Yeah, I think your delusional if you don't think Nebraska is ahead of us right now, and lets not forget they beat us too, which would come in play if they are deciding between the 2 schools

Yeah, I think your delusional if you don't think Nebraska is ahead of us right now, and lets not forget they beat us too, which would come in play if they are deciding between the 2 schools

If that does come into play then I'd disagree with the committee. It'd be one thing if Nebraska beat us twice, but our only matchup was in Lincoln and we were without our leading scorer. And it was still a close game.

If that does come into play then I'd disagree with the committee. It'd be one thing if Nebraska beat us twice, but our only matchup was in Lincoln and we were without our leading scorer. And it was still a close game.

For the record Nebraska was missing a player for that game as well. I don't think he was as crucial as Andre Hollins is for us though.

For the record Nebraska was missing a player for that game as well. I don't think he was as crucial as Andre Hollins is for us though.

You mean Deverell Biggs? He got kicked off the team and hasn't played since before the MN game. If anything Nebraska has improved since Biggs got dismissed.

I think Nebraska is pretty much on the same level as us right now but not clearly in ahead of us. They seem a pretty similar to the Iowa team last year that missed the NCAA tournament. A win against Wisconsin would be huge for Nebraska o hopefully Wisconsin can go in there and get the win.

If Nebraska finishes fourth or fifth in the conference, there's no frickin' keeping them out of the tourney no matter what the Gophers do. Imagine excluding a team with a first round bye in the BTT!
If you look at their non-conference schedule and their overall profile it isn't that hard for me to see them not making the tournament.

Penn State looking like they will get a win at Northwestern tonight as they are up 37-15 with 17 minutes to go in the game.

This is a factor IMO. Not so much about Hollins, thats a blow, but the game in Lincoln, with no return visit.

I am not looking forward to the Penn State game. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a bad feeling.

NW won't score 40. Someone check the record book.
Reportedly 32 points is the lowest scored in a B1G game since NW had 30 in a game in 2000. I believe that may have been Bill Carmody's first season.

Boy does losing to NW at the Barn look really bad tonight.

In fairness, the Wildcats were playing much better ball then.

Losing Cobb has just killed them. Without his late 3 at Williams, they don't beat the Gophers.

Zach McCabe's body slam of Trice

If a Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky player got thrown to the floor like Travis Trice did last night by Zach McCabe, Dukie V would have been foaming at the mouth, ranting and raving. And ESPN would be showing the clip 24/7.

Can't believe McCabe wasn't booted for that. He could have done some serious damage to Trice (take a pick, arm, knee, head) with that body slam. McCabe even locked Trice's knee to make sure Trice went all the way down.

http://btn.com/2014/03/06/video-tempers-flare-in-michigan-state-iowa-game/

If a Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky player got thrown to the floor like Travis Trice did last night by Zach McCabe, Dukie V would have been fomaing at the mouth, ranting and raving. And ESPN would be showing the clip 24/7.

Can't believe McCabe wasn't booted for that. He could have done some serious damage to Trice (take a pick, arm, knee, head) with that body slam. McCabe even stuck his knee out to make sure Trice went all the way down.

Dickie wasn't exactly thrilled. Called for McCabe to be thrown out, said it was stupid, immature, etc.

Dickie wasn't exactly thrilled. Called for McCabe to be thrown out, said it was stupid, immature, etc.

And quadruple that if it was a Duke player. 'Cause, ya' know, Duke basketball players are the only ones that actually to go class, have tough classes, and have final exams.

I am not looking forward to the Penn State game. I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a bad feeling.

Put up or shut up. If we can't beat PSU at home on Senior Day with the season on the line, it was all for nothing.

If a Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky player got thrown to the floor like Travis Trice did last night by Zach McCabe, Dukie V would have been fomaing at the mouth, ranting and raving. And ESPN would be showing the clip 24/7.

Can't believe McCabe wasn't booted for that. He could have done some serious damage to Trice (take a pick, arm, knee, head) with that body slam. McCabe even locked Trice's knee to make sure Trice went all the way down.

It was you, Dad. I learned it by watching you. :cool02:

In fairness, the Wildcats were playing much better ball then.

Losing Cobb has just killed them. Without his late 3 at Williams, they don't beat the Gophers.

Thought that as Tre Demps.

If a Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky player got thrown to the floor like Travis Trice did last night by Zach McCabe, Dukie V would have been foaming at the mouth, ranting and raving. And ESPN would be showing the clip 24/7.

That was unreal. I am wondering if a suspension is coming once the Big Ten office sees that. Trice could have gotten hurt badly- could have landed on his head and it was totally on purpose.

Penn State looking like they will get a win at Northwestern tonight as they are up 37-15 with 17 minutes to go in the game.

Funny- looking back on this post- Penn State would not have had to score again and still would have won by 5. (in theory)

That was unreal. I am wondering if a suspension is coming once the Big Ten office sees that. Trice could have gotten hurt badly- could have landed on his head and it was totally on purpose.

I would certainly think a 1-game suspension is warranted. Thought the refs took the easy way out on that one last night. ... pretty obvious there was intent.

McCabe seems like a very dirty player. I remember him throwing an elbow that didn't connect in the game at Williams Arena.

Can't decide if I'm about to cheer for the BADgers to win, or just for Nebraska to lose

Top Bottom