Other B1G Conference Games 2023-24

One injury I don't think we noted:

Indiana women’s basketball senior guard Sydney Parrish is out indefinitely with a foot injury, head coach Teri Moren said during Friday’s media availability over Zoom.

Parrish did not play in IU’s last game at Purdue on Sunday, as she sat on the sideline with crutches and a walking boot on her right foot. After that game, Moren said she hurt her foot during practice last Friday, and her status was uncertain. Parrish was evaluated further on Monday, and it resulted in her being ruled out indefinitely.

“Her status is just going to be updated game to game,” Moren said on Friday. “She’s in great hands. Trying to get her back as quickly but as safely as we can.”

Parrish is one of four IU players scoring in double figures this season. She’s averaging 10.8 points and 5.8 rebounds per game while shooting 44.3 percent from the field and 39.3 percent on 3-pointers. But her importance has grown since Big Ten play restarted in full on New Year’s Eve. In six games since then, Parrish shooting 53.8 percent from the field and 52.9 percent from 3-point range for 14.2 points per game. The senior racked up 1.7 steals per game in that span as well.

Indiana battles back to lead the Buckeyes 37-32 at the half. We'll see if IU and OSU can match the craziness of yesterday's Maryland/Iowa third quarter.

Indiana battles back to lead the Buckeyes 37-32 at the half. We'll see if IU and OSU can match the craziness of yesterday's Maryland/Iowa third quarter.
Winner of this game with a big leg up on conference championship. IU and OSU only play once. OSU and IU both play Iowa twice.

There are plenty of distractions on Super Bowl Sunday, but it was great to see NEB take down #2 Iowa 82-79 in Lincoln. Iowa tightened up blowing a 14 pt lead in the 4th Qtr. I think Clark went into the 4th Qtr needing 8 pts to break the record and I don't think she scored in the 4th. I never cheer for NEB, but I'll give them a shout-out today.

There are plenty of distractions on Super Bowl Sunday, but it was great to see NEB take down #2 Iowa 82-79 in Lincoln. Iowa tightened up blowing a 14 pt lead in the 4th Qtr. I think Clark went into the 4th Qtr needing 8 pts to break the record and I don't think she scored in the 4th. I never cheer for NEB, but I'll give them a shout-out today.
Yes ! Love this example of improved parity. NB coach getting the T on the touch foul provided a spark to the team. CC unable to win another game with her amazing shots.

They tried too hard to have Clark not break record in 4th forgot the rest of team needed to score

I kind of hope this lose for Iowa comes back and bites them... you are up 14 to start the quarter.. and Iowa just LEGIT stopped playing.. and we ALL know if Clark wanted to get the record in that 4th quarter she would have..

Serah Williams is having a game against Penn State. 16 points and 8 rebounds with three minutes left in the third. 47-44 Badgers

Badgers take out Penn State in Madison 69-64. Serah Williams with 31 points and 15 rebounds

I kind of hope this lose for Iowa comes back and bites them... you are up 14 to start the quarter.. and Iowa just LEGIT stopped playing.. and we ALL know if Clark wanted to get the record in that 4th quarter she would have..
I have not checked it out, but was told that Iowa pulled Clark in the 4th, to make sure she can set the scoring record in front of the home crowd. Not only do they end up losing the game, but may have cost themselves a #1 seed. Talk about messed up priorities! Worried about individual stats and records when you still need to worry about winning games.? Really!

I have not checked it out, but was told that Iowa pulled Clark in the 4th, to make sure she can set the scoring record in front of the home crowd. Not only do they end up losing the game, but may have cost themselves a #1 seed. Talk about messed up priorities! Worried about individual stats and records when you still need to worry about winning games.? Really!
Not true. She played the fourth, in which she shot poorly.

Not true. She played the fourth, in which she shot poorly.
Agreed, Clark went cold in the 4th quarter she was like 0-6 in the 4th and Iowa stopped making shots while Nebraska went on their run. Kudos to the Huskers for winning that game. Shelly had a great 4th quarter. Clark played most of the 4th quarter Chico Gopher.

She played.

The really funny part is how the HC really has rabbit ears for everything and lost her mind after the game. I get that protocol was missed by Nebraska, but add her rant to the one after the National Championship game. She really doesn't handle the losing part well. Many don't I guess.

She played.

The really funny part is how the HC really has rabbit ears for everything and lost her mind after the game. I get that protocol was missed by Nebraska, but add her rant to the one after the National Championship game. She really doesn't handle the losing part well. Many don't I guess.
funny enough the game ended a bit after 2.. Nebraska didnt get off the court until 2:18 and it was reported on Twitter/X that Iowa still hadn't done their presser.. so imho that's on Iowa.. Also Bluder it getting up there in the range of Kim for not likeable..

funny enough the game ended a bit after 2.. Nebraska didnt get off the court until 2:18 and it was reported on Twitter/X that Iowa still hadn't done their presser.. so imho that's on Iowa.. Also Bluder it getting up there in the range of Kim for not likeable..
She's a power coach that has won the conference 2 times in 24 years. I feel she wants to retire as a National Champion and is really fighting for it this year.

I'm looking forward to the Big Ten tournament

Now that's a hot microphone catch of a coach saying out loud which should be kept internal. Some sour grapes bitching at Nebraska official. Surprised with all the on court interviews Nebraska did, that Iowa didn't take the press media questions first while Nebraska was still celebrating. Big 10 tournament may be a little spicy. I seem to remember Nebraska playing a sounder or sound effect when Iowa missed a free throw, the womp womp womp was sound, on the dead ball part but not during free throw attempts. I don't think many do that but it is legal on a dead ball portion of the free throw attempts to play sounders, or as Bluder called it music.

Last edited:

Agreed, Clark went cold in the 4th quarter she was like 0-6 in the 4th and Iowa stopped making shots while Nebraska went on their run. Kudos to the Huskers for winning that game. Shelly had a great 4th quarter. Clark played most of the 4th quarter Chico Gopher.
I stand corrected. I eventually got around to checking it out and found out that she did indeed play in the 4th quarter. Thanks for the response. Good reminder to check before you believe!

Now that's a hot microphone catch of a coach saying out loud which should be kept internal. Some sour grapes bitching at Nebraska official. Surprised with all the on court interviews Nebraska did, that Iowa didn't take the press media questions first while Nebraska was still celebrating. Big 10 tournament may be a little spicy. I seem to remember Nebraska playing a sounder or sound effect when Iowa missed a free throw, the womp womp womp was sound, on the dead ball part but not during free throw attempts. I don't think many do that but it is legal on a dead ball portion of the free throw attempts to play sounders, or as Bluder called it music.
I'd enjoy a Nebraska/Iowa match up in a few short weeks.

Nebraska's Alexis Markowski on the microphone trying to respond to why this victory over Iowa was so special to her and her father. Lisa Bluder bitching to the refs in the background stole the moment from this young lady. Watch the full video and you can see the distraught in Alexis's face because of all the commotion Bluder caused. Bad look for Lisa Bluder and her program.

Nebraska's Alexis Markowski on the microphone trying to respond to why this victory over Iowa was so special to her and her father. Lisa Bluder bitching to the refs in the background stole the moment from this young lady. Watch the full video and you can see the distraught in Alexis's face because of all the commotion Bluder caused. Bad look for Lisa Bluder and her program.
Agreed. Bluder has had no problems with her team celebrating their wins in the past few seasons. She also allowed CC to be whiny in many games although I do think she has matured this season. She had a point about the sound effects but that was not the way to express her concerns. She comes off like a poor sport whiny coach.

Agreed. Bluder has had no problems with her team celebrating their wins in the past few seasons. She also allowed CC to be whiny in many games although I do think she has matured this season. She had a point about the sound effects but that was not the way to express her concerns. She comes off like a poor sport whiny coach.
Celebrating is one thing changing protocol is another. There's a reason the visitors have their presser first. This is the first time I've seen Lisa act this way so I don't believe the poor sport whiny coach is quite appropriate. Nebraska were complete jerks from the band to the players and their coaches. Uncalled for.

Celebrating is one thing changing protocol is another. There's a reason the visitors have their presser first. This is the first time I've seen Lisa act this way so I don't believe the poor sport whiny coach is quite appropriate. Nebraska were complete jerks from the band to the players and their coaches. Uncalled for.
I agree that it's a stretch to call Bluder a poor sport (for poor sport coaches, check out what Kim Mulkey has been, incorrectly, insinuating about Clark). I suspect she was venting at the "music" but was mostly annoyed at her own team for vanishing for the whole fourth quarter.

Sure Iowa fan. I said “ she comes off like a poor sport whiny coach “. My point being after losing this game her behavior was not classy. I was not stating she is this type of coach in general or often but IMHO she was after the NB game.

She's a power coach that has won the conference 2 times in 24 years. I feel she wants to retire as a National Champion and is really fighting for it this year.
Sorry for being late to the party with my comments as I've been out of town all week. I think Lisa Bluder is a very good coach, but not great. In her 23 prior seasons at Iowa she has made 17 NCAA appearances, but with all those appearances she made it to the Sweet 16 twice, the Elite 8 once, and the National Championship last year. So, being able to get to at least the Sweet 16 four times out of 17 years in the tournament does not qualify you as great. In terms of her recent behavior, of course, she is under a lot of stress as well. She knows very well that if they can't get to the National Champ (at least) and possibly win the next thing she will hear is those saying if you can't get it done with CC (one of the greatest women players of all time) when if ever can she do it. Heaven forbid they fall in something like the round of 16 this year or even fail to win the Big1G as she will see scrutiny that she has never seen before.

NEWS | Former NU basketball player Ashley Scoggin has filed a lawsuit against the University of Nebraska, accusing former assistant coach Chuck Love of grooming her into a sexual relationship.

Love, Amy Williams + Trev Alberts are also named defendants.

This doesn’t put coach Williams in a good light.

Top Bottom