Opt-outs for Pinstipe Bowl (so far so good!)

I'm guessing and I could be wrong. But, I think all games offer the same importance to PJ.
From the 1 and 0 Colorado Championship season to the 1 and 0 Wisconsin Championship season to the 1 and 0 Syracuse Championship season.
I bet he puts no more emphasis on any one of them to the players.

Syracuse with an opt out.

This Syracuse game is meaningless. So I'm fine with seniors opting out. It gives the youngsters a chance to play and give everyone a look at them. Sort of like playing AK.

In fact, I'm happy when ones that will be gone opt out.
So you won't count it?

I love the Gophers.

I want us to beat the Orangemen so bad as I was at the Texas Bowl years back when they beat us.

That said, Mo should NOT play. Do not risk any injury. He is a Gopher legend and that status is cemented .... Go make some NFL $$$.

Plus, use the practices and game as a tryout for the other RBs on the roster leading into spring ball.

That said, Mo should NOT play. Do not risk any injury. He is a Gopher legend and that status is cemented .... Go make some NFL $$$.
Then he should've opted out. That would've been his choice and I think Fleck would have supported it.

He chose not to.

I love the Gophers.

I want us to beat the Orangemen so bad as I was at the Texas Bowl years back when they beat us.

Plus, use the practices and game as a tryout for the other RBs on the roster leading into spring ball.
I think Mo wants to get those two records he is very close to. And I bet after that he sits, unless he’s needed to win the game.

I think Mo wants to get those two records he is very close to. And I bet after that he sits, unless he’s needed to win the game.

Good point and maybe more importantly, Coach Fleck wants him to get those records too.

I'm guessing and I could be wrong. But, I think all games offer the same importance to PJ.
From the 1 and 0 Colorado Championship season to the 1 and 0 Wisconsin Championship season to the 1 and 0 Syracuse Championship season.
I bet he puts no more emphasis on any one of them to the players.
Sure seems that way. Can’t really point to a game where the team looked uninterested.

Well there were some, but sounded like from PJs KFAN postgame hit, they all still practiced.

Hats off for keeping everything under wraps, I guess.

Well there were some, but sounded like from PJs KFAN postgame hit, they all still practiced.

Hats off for keeping everything under wraps, I guess.
Yeah no shock that there were some.

I don't blame them.

Specifically after seeing that field...

I wonder if JMS had opted out early and it just was not reported ... or if he opted out when he saw the condition of the field?

Time to cross off the Pinstrip Bowl game off the bowl list! No need for athletes to play on that poorly prepared field.

Time to cross off the Pinstrip Bowl game off the bowl list! No need for athletes to play on that poorly prepared field.

The Gophs got both the Shitstripe and Guaranteed Slip baseball ballpark bowls off their list now. I think all the other BG10 bowls are played in football stadiums. Yeah baby!

Top Bottom