Opt-outs for Pinstipe Bowl (so far so good!)

restovich

Reaction score
The lack of news on Bowl Game opt-outs is very very heartening.

Let's hope for a great Pinstripe Bowl. And nothing against "Cuse, but something like a 27-10 victory would turn out to be a nice Christmas week present......

Have they had any opt outs to this point?

I am not surprised we are not seeing opt outs on our side, we don't have any super high draft picks among our seniors so chances are they want to play and don't have the high level NFL incentive to opt out.

I am not surprised we are not seeing opt outs on our side, we don't have any super high draft picks among our seniors so chances are they want to play and don't have the high level NFL incentive to opt out.
Thought maybe Mo, though that doesn't really seem like his style.

Thought maybe Mo, though that doesn't really seem like his style.
I have felt all along that the only way Mo opts out is due to injury. If he is able to play he is going to play.

Don’t jinx us and suddenly there will be a list of Gophers not playing or Mo and other good players will feel like not playing. I’m guessing no Syracuse players are opting out. Looks like we will be big underdogs going in unless something big happens with Syracuse like an unknown injury or something.

Don’t jinx us and suddenly there will be a list of Gophers not playing or Mo and other good players will feel like not playing. I’m guessing no Syracuse players are opting out. Looks like we will be big underdogs going in unless something big happens with Syracuse like an unknown injury or something.
Big underdogs? No. Gophers currently favored by 7 or 7.5.

Portal window is 45 days and first signing day is Dec. 21. We shall see, but I would assume unless they are transferring, they will play.

most every prediction I have seen so far has the Gophers winning. No way are we "big" underdogs. Imho, the two teams are comparable, but Cuse could be infor a long day if they let Mo get going......

JMS is expected to be a Top 45 pick from what I have heard/read.

Ryan Burns - on the last "Pair and a Spare" podcast, said that he expects Mo to play. He said that Mo and Fleck are both very much aware of how many yards Mo needs to break the single-season and career rushing records.

at this point, the players who have entered the portal are out. I have not heard of anyone sitting out the game for any other reasons. of course, injuries are a different matter. Apparently Tyler Nubin will be able to play in the Bowl game. no idea on Tanner Morgan. would be nice to see him at least take a snap in his final game.

We're 7 point favorites currently

I kinda want Mo to opt out…

Not for the game but for him.

You’ve done more than enough Mo!
What's wrong with him taking a victory lap and setting some records that may never be broken? Nothing is likely to happen in the bowl game that would have any long term impact on his future. May as well enjoy one last go around with the guys and finish the last little bit of record breaking that is still hanging out there for him.

What's wrong with him taking a victory lap and setting some records that may never be broken? Nothing is likely to happen in the bowl game that would have any long term impact on his future. May as well enjoy one last go around with the guys and finish the last little bit of record breaking that is still hanging out there for him.
I’d rather that not happen.

SP+ considers the Gophers the 3rd biggest favorite of bowl szn.
Looking ahead to next season, virtually all computer models consider Syracuse > North Carolina.

I'm glad to hear that. Some folks don't put much stock in the computer models, but I like 'em.

I'm glad to hear that. Some folks don't put much stock in the computer models, but I like 'em.
When I wear my Gopher hat they are sage, unbiased, refined arbiters of team quality that the real money men rely on.

When I wear my Vikings hat they are complete malarkey from math nerds that ignore the wins and losses that really matter in football

When I wear my Gopher hat they are sage, unbiased, refined arbiters of team quality that the real money men rely on.

When I wear my Vikings hat they are complete malarkey from math nerds that ignore the wins and losses that really matter in football
Stupid Math nerds came home to roost last weekend.

I know what you mean.

No method of analysis is perfect, but I have more trust in an objective model over a subjective one.

No.

This Syracuse game is meaningless. So I'm fine with seniors opting out. It gives the youngsters a chance to play and give everyone a look at them. Sort of like playing AK.

In fact, I'm happy when ones that will be gone opt out.

This Syracuse game is meaningless. So I'm fine with seniors opting out. It gives the youngsters a chance to play and give everyone a look at them. Sort of like playing AK.

Bowl game is a reward for a year of hard work. Seniors should enjoy the week and the game.

I hope REM plays the really old stuff in the half-time show.
Would be fun but I believe this band has hung it up. B-52s are doing their final farewell tour this summer.

Got to watch REM for free in Athens back in the day...and once they did hit the 40 Watt Club and Athens bar scene, many a good time to be had.

In the late 70s - early 80s, "The Athens Scene" was rocking with a lot of good bands.

I'm probably in the minority but I've never agreed with the idea that bowl games are meaningless. It counts on the record just like every other game on the schedule. If we consider bowl games meaningless then is the only differential between this game and our regular season game against Colorado the idea that we could make the playoff? Because if that's the case then nonconference games are meaningless for about 80% of CFB teams.

Top Bottom