On the positive side with Christie

kg21

Reaction score
On his last shot, he made a quick move, cleared himself, and he put up a soft shot.

Of course, the damn thing sat on the rim for a second and come off simply because we are Minnesota fans. That's was actually a decent shot and he cleared himself for it.

On his last shot, he made a quick move, cleared himself, and he put up a soft shot.

Of course, the damn thing sat on the rim for a second and come off simply because we are Minnesota fans. That's was actually a decent shot and he cleared himself for it.
He’s a good player. He should not have been put into that spot in his second game.

I’d love it if 75% of his minutes came with Hawkins. He is a good ball handler but let him be a SG. They compliment each other well it allows Christie to grow into a primary ball handler role.

Tonight was the definition of stupid and not good for Christie.

I’d love it if 75% of his minutes came with Hawkins. He is a good ball handler but let him be a SG. They compliment each other well it allows Christie to grow into a primary ball handler role.

Yep. Christie isn't a pg. Maybe someday.

I mean, it was not his fault that his coach put him in that spot to begin with

But that was not a good shot. A long two like that is the absolutely worst shot in basketball.

Heck, every good offense in college completely blacklists anything close to that shot. And with 10 seconds left you have zero need to ever end up with that shot.

Yep. Christie isn't a pg. Maybe someday.
It’s a consistent problem with Ben. He takes guys who have a +skill and he destroys it. Like with Christie, he is a good ball handler for a wing. That does not make him a PG.

Battle was a good shooter, that does not make him a wing. Ihnen is a good shooter for a 4, that does not make him a wing.

He puts guys in positions that highlight their weaknesses (Cam’s quickness abd experience, battles foot speed, ihnen’s ball handling) while neutralizing their + skills.

You used to see it in the NBA all the time where coaches would think a stretch 4 can be a 3. They learned their lessons, hopefully Ben does too.

He’s a good player. He should not have been put into that spot in his second game.
Ya, it is not the action I'm setting up. To put Christie in that spot once is weird but twice might seem like you are showing him you believe in him after he failed but it's his second game ever as a Gopher. He wasn't in a groove at any time this entire game. The older guys are going wtf here?
Your pre season all Big Ten player Garcia is a good free throw shooter. Get him the ball and have him attack the basket.
If Ola Joseph had played in the last 10 minutes their defense was very vulnerable to the lob dunk...set that up.
You must have other attacking set plays?
Basically, attack the basket and shoot free throws the last 10 minutes and we win handily.

Your obsession with positions is very strange. The team was better without Hawkins on the floor tonight. Still doesn't excuse the stall offense the last 8 minutes of the game.

It's like I'm taking crazy pills. Did anyone actually watch the game? He was awful from the 10 minute mark until the 3 minute mark which is why he was benched. He missed shots and had at least 2 turnovers.

Your obsession with positions is very strange. The team was better without Hawkins on the floor tonight. Still doesn't excuse the stall offense the last 8 minutes of the game.

It's like I'm taking crazy pills. Did anyone actually watch the game? He was awful from the 10 minute mark until the 3 minute mark which is why he was benched. He missed shots and had at least 2 turnovers.
You’re not taking crazy pills, you are just an idiot. You’ve been consistently wrong about all things Gophers for years.

I get that my obsession with putting players in the proper position to succeed seems strange to you, but you’re not a smart person. If you were, you wouldn’t be shocked that fans wanted our only true PG in at the end of the game.

You’re not taking crazy pills, you are just an idiot. You’ve been consistently wrong about all things Gophers for years.

I get that my obsession with putting players in the proper position to succeed seems strange to you, but you’re not a smart person. If you were, you wouldn’t be shocked that fans wanted our only true PG in at the end of the game.
I invite you to watch Hawkins from when he subbed in at the 10 minute mark until he was benched at the 3 minute mark.

I'm still hoping the Gophers rehire Claeys after #9wins. Never a mark to be seen again in Gopher football history.

I mean, it was not his fault that his coach put him in that spot to begin with

But that was not a good shot. A long two like that is the absolutely worst shot in basketball.

Heck, every good offense in college completely blacklists anything close to that shot. And with 10 seconds left you have zero need to ever end up with that shot.
that was a decent shot.

It could have just as well have gone in as it sat on the rim.

I invite you to watch Hawkins from when he subbed in at the 10 minute mark until he was benched at the 3 minute mark.

I'm still hoping the Gophers rehire Claeys after #9wins. Never a mark to be seen again in Gopher football history.
Your coach $hit himself. He's not a good coach. Own your failure jboy.

that was a decent shot.

It could have just as well have gone in as it sat on the rim.

I mean half courters could go in.

Again, I dont blame Christie. But I will tell you any half decent coach with 9.9 seconds left will tell you thats the absolute last shot they want. Longest possible shot to not be a 3. At best ties the game. Gives no chance at a putback.

Great offenses wants 3s or layups nothing in between. And there was plenty of time to draw up something to get one of those shots with good player options as well.

I saw Garcia begging for the ball but failing to hold off his defender, no resulting passing lane, and three guys standing around. Eventually he pressed because they ran no offensive system.

35 seconds wasted 2 possessions in a row for a last second shot!!! Terrible at best. Not Christie's fault!! All on the coaching.

Hawkins needs to be in the game. Mitchell needs to go away!!

How about the multiple turnovers in the last 10 minutes of the second half.

Why would we go into the stall with 7 minutes to go in the game?

WTF is Ben doing

35 seconds wasted 2 possessions in a row for a last second shot!!! Terrible at best. Not Christie's fault!! All on the coaching.

Hawkins needs to be in the game. Mitchell needs to go away!!

How about the multiple turnovers in the last 10 minutes of the second half.

Why would we go into the stall with 7 minutes to go in the game?

WTF is Ben doing
To be fair, it’s the first time he’s ever been up on a power 5 team by that much. He’s learning

/s

Hopefully he figures it out in year 4.

Yes, year 4. Next year. Zero chance he is fired (after) this year short of misconduct. :cool:

Should have been Garcia taking those final shots but there is something to be said about Cam's winningness to take the big shots.

He is going to be very good and he certainly didn't look out of place as a true freshman in just his third college game.

Ya, it is not the action I'm setting up. To put Christie in that spot once is weird but twice might seem like you are showing him you believe in him after he failed but it's his second game ever as a Gopher. He wasn't in a groove at any time this entire game. The older guys are going wtf here?
Your pre season all Big Ten player Garcia is a good free throw shooter. Get him the ball and have him attack the basket.
If Ola Joseph had played in the last 10 minutes their defense was very vulnerable to the lob dunk...set that up.
You must have other attacking set plays?
Basically, attack the basket and shoot free throws the last 10 minutes and we win handily.
Couldn't agree more! We didn't run a set offense ONCE and just ran isolation to put up contested poor shots.

I mean half courters could go in.

Again, I dont blame Christie. But I will tell you any half decent coach with 9.9 seconds left will tell you thats the absolute last shot they want. Longest possible shot to not be a 3. At best ties the game. Gives no chance at a putback.

Great offenses wants 3s or layups nothing in between. And there was plenty of time to draw up something to get one of those shots with good player options as well.
That last shot was a half courter?

Oh the drama sometimes.

His last shot was one of the better looks we had in the last 5 minutes of the game, sad to say!

That last shot was a half courter?

Oh the drama sometimes.

His last shot was one of the better looks we had in the last 5 minutes of the game, sad to say!

No ha I'm saying that just because the ball "almost went in" or "could have went in" doesnt mean it was a good shot, just like the occaisional half court that rims out.

I made it clear that the shot was a long two not half court. But that is a terribly low percentage shot that top offenses completely exponge from their play book. Early suprise michigan in losing Dickinson and Jett Howard has seen their offense explode by going to a strictly 3 and lay up type offense no settling/hero ball.

With 9.9 seconds theres so much time to drive into the paint get to to the rim, draw contact in the double bonus, get a put back or kcik it out for a wide open game winning 3 if the D collapses on the drive.

Mizzou and every defense will live with that Christie shot all day.. Its low percentage and worst case its OT.

They wanted to see if he had that MAMBA MENTALITY...but when Kobe missed game winners, and there were plenty...he didn't fall to the floor and cry about it. Christie didn't have the right killer mentality at that moment last night and I hope he can develop over the course of his career...it was a Kobe'esque shot though.

I agree he should not have been put in that position in what is really his first true game (non-creampuff).

I'll say it now:

This is the best looking true freshman I've seen (Gophers), and this is the best Gophers team I've seen. Ben is putting something together here. Bravo, Ben. Bravo!

Lol you can't be serious with this. He was 0-4 with 2 points last night in 18 min and had no business taking the final shots.

Missouri will also be a bottom tier SEC team this season.

Top Bottom