Oh boy...

Look, when Stoudamire was recruited, he was told we would run the spread with a wide open offense. Now Brewster has changed to two yards and cloud of rubber pellets. I would be discouraged too. Changing the offense was a big mistake.

He was recruited as a defensive back.

No, they just hate it when Weber gives up 6 TDs on defense against SD. :rolleyes:

No, just when he fumbles the ball twice in crucial situations and continues his reckless play the next week with no repercussions. His stupid play seems to get a free pass, and if that were the case and I were a player, I'd tick me off. But yes, go ahead and tout Adam's awesome performance against a FCS defense.

I said Howell was leaving before well before he did...

I also said last night that Troy wasn't the only one transfering before any of this Fox9 crap...

It's so easy to just don't believe & go about ur day sir...

i believe you. i just don't understand why you post saying people are transferring and then don't say the names. what's the point in saying it then?

This is hardly shocking. Is the Fox9 tweet 'hard news'? No. But most people know that and consider it in the appropriate light. That doesn't mean it's not true. Most media organizations today focus on getting things out on Facebook and Twitter just as quickly as putting it on the air. It's the new reality. Sorry if you don't like it.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Facebook movie coming out

Remember when we were all praising Troy for that STrib article talking about our WR's really focusing on their blocking so that the big runs would open the passing game? That was fun.

i believe you. i just don't understand why you post saying people are transferring and then don't say the names. what's the point in saying it then?

My guess would be to inflate one's own sense of self-importance, but that's just a guess, I have no insider information.

Thail,

Give us the names. We promise we won't tell anyone.

I have the urge to play the Mike Gundy video everytime we start whing about the media on here. I actually wish Brew would have a similar moment. It would be tremendously exciting.

Stoudermire was recruited as a DB.

His point is still valid. Anybody who wants to "catch the ball" isn't going to be happy in an Offense that wants to run, run and run some more. They've primarily thrown the ball for three straight years. Now, particularly after Saturday's game where they were almost obstinate in running the ball for most of the game, even with the Defense ignoring the Pass, well, it's got to be pretty hard for anybody who wants to catch the ball to stick around.

Mason couldn't get many big time receivers or QB's because they weren't going to do much but block or hand the ball off. Stats suggested otherwise but no matter, many kids just wrote them off. The got Running Backs to think of the U...you know the rest.

How can anybody blame a kid who has dreams of catching a Pass and heading for the End Zone to sublimate that into "Great, your block set Kirkwood free!" Combine that with the overwhelming perception that Brewster's tenure is over, any self-discipline problem and those kids are going to want out.

One other note, neutral readers of this board must think that most posters around here are geniuses. Nobody every makes a mistake and any prediction they'd made in the past was always 100% accurate!;)

Troy u are a pre-madonna, a big time d-1 school huh, lmao.

What's this pre-madonna stuff people keep talking about? Is it referencing the time before she was born or before she was popular?

I would think Troy would have been born a little before she became popular. Help me out 80's buffs.

All this being said, shouldn't Fox9 be out uncovering the disturbing trend of underage college kids drinking?[/QUOTE]

They even topped that expose about the shocking truth that college hockey players drink! story this week. I wasted 6 minutes of my life learning that poor urban people give bus transfer tickets to other poor urban people to re-use! What a shocker.

Maybe the Fox9 investigators should have done a story about the true cost per ride on those buses being $15 per rider not $1.75, or how the per rider cost on the North Star rail line approaches $50 per rider. That would actually rile up a few blissfully ingnorant taxpayers.

About 78.4% of college players hate their coach when things are going well.

What's this pre-madonna stuff people keep talking about? Is it referencing the time before she was born or before she was popular?

I would think Troy would have been born a little before she became popular. Help me out 80's buffs.

Troy was born in the summer of 1990. Madonna released her first greatest hits album just a couple months later....thus ending the first phase of her career.

I was sitting right by USD's cheerleaders. First time I've ever seen a cheerleading squad dressed in maternity gear. Some of those girls tipped the scales at over 200. They were the ones wearing muu-muu's. I can see how Mangino would like that. Baybee's got back!!!

OTOH, the songgirls this past Saturday more than compensated, even if I was looking at 8 of Dow Corning's finest products.

It wouldn't surprise me if you missed a lot of things. You don't strike me as the most perceptive or intelligent poster around, Ogee.

Lighten up, Francis. I was just having some fun (albeit, at your personal expense). You know, sometimes I don't strike myself as that perceptive or intelligent either, so it's funny you should mention that. I hope the folks at the corporate headquarters in Denver don't catch on, especially with the quarterly bonus coming up in a few weeks. On that note, I certainly appreciate your unsolicited input.

Troy was born in the summer of 1990. Madonna released her first greatest hits album just a couple months later....thus ending the first phase of her career.

So he's not a pre-madonna (as Golden Herbs has led me to believe). Too many post-madonna's on this team.

Lighten up, Francis. I was just having some fun (albeit, at your personal expense). You know, sometimes I don't strike myself as that perceptive or intelligent either, so it's funny you should mention that. I hope the folks at the corporate headquarters in Denver don't catch on, especially with the quarterly bonus coming up in a few weeks. On that note, I certainly appreciate your unsolicited input.

Nice response. +1 for you.

And since wait!what? like Mangino jokes....

mangino.jpg

mangino-cupcakes.jpg

evilcoach2.jpg

He played db in high school. I would not want to be a WR in this offense. Sorry. Especially an undersized WR.

Why not? I can understand not wanting to be an undersized WR, but that is with just about any position on any offense or defense in football, if you could choose, it'd be better not to be undersized.

With this particular offense, we have one of the league's best statistical WRs in the Big 10 in Gray, and McKnight has put up decent numbers too.

Top Bottom