***OFFICIAL WESTERN MICHIGAN AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The regular season is upon us and the PJ Fleck Bowl kicks off the official start to the 2022-2023 season. We enter the season with unfortunate injuries to keep an eye on. Most likely we will not be full strength. No excuses though, time to show some depth and bully the Broncos.

Here's hoping we get a solid crowd to bring energy to the Barn.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How’s the injury situation looking for tonight? Is anyone out?

Battle is out for sure

Is this another B1G+ televised game?

I expect this to be an extremely ugly, close game. With Thompson as the only known contributor on the court from last year’s team, I have no idea what to expect. The lack of proven guards makes me especially concerned that we will have a rough start to the season.

It’s time!!!! No matter the expectations for the team, first day of the season is always so much fun. Finally getting to see all the new players, especially in these recent years where we have plenty of transfers and freshman always fills me with optimism.

Let’s enjoy the season, and see some progress. Can’t wait!

The 13pt spread is rapidly closing and now at 9… would think it settles close to 2-3pt Gopher favorite if those injuries hold.
I don't understand how we can be favored while possibly missing all 3 players, including our two best.

I don't understand how we can be favored while possibly missing all 3 players, including our two best.
WMU lost by 44 and 48 last year to MSU and Iowa to open the season. They’re a terrible MAC team and it shouldn’t be close. The fact that we have all these injuries has brought us to their level. Our B team should still beat them on our home court, but we’ve made mistakes before.

WMU lost by 44 and 48 last year to MSU and Iowa to open the season. They’re a terrible MAC team and it shouldn’t be close. The fact that we have all these injuries has brought us to their level. Our B team should still beat them on our home court, but we’ve made mistakes before.
They have their best players back including a preseason all-conference. More experience with each other than our good guys. No sleeping on them. The B squad needs to play better D than they did against Northfield last week or this could be an embarrassment.

my daughter wants to bring a friend if anyone has an extra ticket available.

They have their best players back including a preseason all-conference. More experience with each other than our good guys. No sleeping on them. The B squad needs to play better D than they did against Northfield last week or this could be an embarrassment.
Just explaining why the spread has gotten so close between the two teams. We absolutely cannot take them for granted.

Top Bottom