***OFFICIAL UTSA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I would guess that's about where Richard Hamilton was in college (certainly as a freshman). He averaged almost 20 points per game in his three years of college, was a consensus first team All American in his 3rd season (2nd team in his soph season), and national champ and NCAA tournament MVP in his final year. He then averaged 17.1 points per game over 14 NBA seasons.

He was such an underrated NBA player. Nothing flashy, but man he could drill those mid-range jumpers in his sleep.

Being a CBJ supporter, I was really pleased to see the ball movement offense with nobody standing around and ultimately playing hero ball against the shot clock (Pitino). CBJ was 100% accurate in his assessment believing that if his shooters get good looks, they will make shots--which is the challenge in BTN play as the perimeter is guarded much more efficiently. Coaches in other conferences make "fun" of BTN (as heard on national sat. radio from "top men") asking why every BTN team defends even non-shooters far out on the perimeter.
*MN defense has improved dramatically, and higher level opponents will determine how much.
*Yes Christie was better than expected!
*Concerns about Ihnen's shooting were put to rest, and he did look like mini-KD w/long finger roll layup!
*Garcia played more minutes than expected and is consistently solid.
*CBJ analogy of going 0-60 is way more important for Hawkins!
*Thor needs more minutes, esp. as warmup to BTN play. He looked mobile and comfortable setting screens and blocking (!) out. I don't fault him for not getting handle on the hard, short passes deep in the lane. That's on Hawkins.
* Still a healthy team nearing end of Nov.! I am confident this team will do just fine vs an older Mizzou team at the Barn. Keep it to a 1-2 possession game and I'll be happy at this point. A win would be gravy.
My optimistic ceiling pre-season goals were 2 non-conf losses (9-2), and 10-10 in BTN. Come on Gophs! Stay healthy and get better as season progresses!

I would guess that's about where Richard Hamilton was in college (certainly as a freshman). He averaged almost 20 points per game in his three years of college, was a consensus first team All American in his 3rd season (2nd team in his soph season), and national champ and NCAA tournament MVP in his final year. He then averaged 17.1 points per game over 14 NBA seasons.
Rip was amazing and hella fun to watch

Also, all the worries about his slight frame, 185 lbs. @ 6’6”, appeared unfounded- funny how it ends up being that way with fear.

He looks like a do solid 2 bills tome, with a strong lower body and room for another 10-15 top side.

His ceiling is All-Conference and NBA rotational player.
Time to panic about NIL $$ for him....

Top Bottom