Official USC Gameday Thread 9/3/2011

Good stop. Hopefully that builds some confidence. Let's go boys!

I'd like to see some quick slant routes. The line hasn't offered Gray much protection thus far. He needs to plan on gettting rid of the ball right away.

These delay of game penalties have got to be bugging Kill something fierce.

Picking up a Flag on late hit in Gray? WTF?

Why was the flag picked up on the late hit on Gray?????

It seems like it should be 17-0 right now. D or special teams is going to need to get us field position back.

Delay of games, two wasted timeouts, back to back penalties on offense. I'm suffering Brewster deja vu...

To his credit, Kill promised nothing, and the Gophers are delivering. Oh well, we knew this year would be a tough one!

Q is a good athlete, and is not getting much protection, but he sure has room to polish his game.

That Woods guy from USC is killing us...other then that the Defense is doing "ok"...our Offense hasn't done anything since that first drive & Gray looks like he forgot how to play QB...

I don't understand that flag getting picked up. The referee threw it. He knew that the play had been whistled dead. Doesn't matter in the outcome of the game, but that's just bad.

The flag pickup was complete BS. And now we get it back on the kickoff.

Glad McKnight made that catch....when the CB's are basically tackling our RB's in the backfield it shows they have no respect for our passing game today

I think Kill needs to sit Gray for a series or two to help him gather his head a little bit.

Is it just me or does every hand off by gray look awkward? It looks like he runs into the back every time.

2 consecutive first downs. Trying not to get too excited.

Not even sure why I came on here...knew it would be nothing but maroon flamers...anywho...I can't imagine why anyone expected anything than what we are getting. We have a QB that hasn't started a game at that position in 4 years, and never at this level...we have one of the youngest teams in the NCAA FBS and we are playing a top 25 team with a leading Balitnikof and Heisman plus a top 5 rated RB out of HS as their third string, who is starting.

I think we now know why Kill was saying he didn't want to play this game at all, much less first and on the road. The measure of today was always going to be composure, growth and the fourth quarter. If we can win the fourth quarter, be in better condition and have our guys settle down by then...we have a chance of the next few weeks not sucking...if Gray continues to throw 5 yards over his receivers heads, looked confused when calling plays and aligning the O and our D remains tentative (except for Tinsley) then we are probably in trouble for a while.

Top Bottom