***OFFICIAL UMKC AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I love everything about these guys getting some good minutes. Can tell just by the way he shoots FT's that Mitchell is like silk.

I saw nothing to tell me why Freeman does not play.
I need more Mutaf. He has swagger. That’s amazing after 5 games with zero minutes. He can score, no doubt! Got in a stance defensively.
Sorry, Mitchell is a long term project. He is athletic!
Most fun of the night seeing those three guys get minutes!

I am impressed with the deep bench. This is a squad that, looking down the line, has some kids you can build with in Mutaf, Mashburn, Mitchell, Ihnen, Williams and Freeman. Mutaf has a scorer's mentality if this appearance is any indication. Any way he can get it...

So I kept a close eye on Gabe playing defense tonight. Most of his time was spent guarding KC's top offensive player, McKissic. McKissic ended up with 10 on 5-10 shooting. However, while Gabe was on him, he was only 1 of 2; a challenged 3 that he missed, and a challenged 2 footer that he muscled up over Gabe. Other than that, he never really got any looks with Gabe on him.

I might have missed one, but on the times that Gabe was guarding somebody else or got switched off to somebody else, I don't think he even gave up any shots. He didn't really do anything spectacular, but he played solid, stay in front, good close out defense. And provided some good help most of the time when it was called for.

I think that's what the coaches love about him. He's gonna guard the other teams best perimeter offensive player and generally going to keep that player under control.

So I kept a close eye on Gabe playing defense tonight. Most of his time was spent guarding KC's top offensive player, McKissic. McKissic ended up with 10 on 5-10 shooting. However, while Gabe was on him, he was only 1 of 2; a challenged 3 that he missed, and a challenged 2 footer that he muscled up over Gabe. Other than that, he never really got any looks with Gabe on him.

I might have missed one, but on the times that Gabe was guarding somebody else or got switched off to somebody else, I don't think he even gave up any shots. He didn't really do anything spectacular, but he played solid, stay in front, good close out defense. And provided some good help most of the time when it was called for.

I think that's what the coaches love about him. He's gonna guard the other teams best perimeter offensive player and generally going to keep that player under control.
Gabe is a solid defender. Those on GH trying to spin the narrative that he isn't clearly aren't watching the games. End of story.

Seriously though. Small sample size, but he looks like someone who knows he's the deal and is chomping at the bit to show somebody.

He's probably a bit slow and not too good on defense but he has some offensive confidence and some moves as well as size and strength. He already showed almost as much confidence as Michael Hurt showed in four years.

I saw nothing to tell me why Freeman does not play.
I need more Mutaf. He has swagger. That’s amazing after 5 games with zero minutes. He can sore, no doubt! Got in a stance defensively.
Sorry, Mitchell is a long term project. He is athletic!
Most fun of the night seeing those three guys get minutes!
Freeman gobbled up every board in the area and had a nice block. He is getting better. We didn't see him post up but I assume that the offensive end still holds him up. Omersa, though I love the kid seems headed towards less PT. He has a great attitude, but he can only play center and he is just too short at 6-6.

Freeman will help us out at some point with meaningful minutes...moves his feet well and plays D.
My hot take before the season was that Freeman would get more minutes than Omersa. That hasn’t happened, but I don’t know why not. Freeman has a nose for rebounds. He’s got strong hands. He’s active on defense.

Top Bottom