***OFFICIAL UMKC AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Yes, hopefully those 3 continue to impress. Will assume the lack of news regarding the Johnson injury is a good sign.

Johnson out. Hopefully this is precautionary and we can use it to build up minutes/experience for Ihnen/Omersa (Mitchel???)

He needs to start if johnson is unavailable. I will be disappointed, but not terribly surprised if curry starts again.

Would like to see Ihnen start or at least get significant run tonight as well. Especially if Johnson is out for any significant time, is too big of a drop off at that postion other than potentially ihnen for us to have success in early part of big ten schedule.

It'd be nice this time to have a blow-out win where we can get minutes for the bench...

It'd be nice this time to have a blow-out win where we can get minutes for the bench...

Are you worried about getting Freeman and Mitchell minutes? I would like a nice comfortable win but if our starters and key bench guys play more minutes that is a good thing. They need to learn to play together.

Are you worried about getting Freeman and Mitchell minutes? I would like a nice comfortable win but if our starters and key bench guys play more minutes that is a good thing. They need to learn to play together.
I think Pitino agrees with you, and that even with a blow-out win we won't see the bench players that haven't made the floor this season. I'd like to see it though, give the starters a breather in this game and let the bench get some experience.

It's a strange year with the shortened non conference season so getting guys like Mutaf, Mitchell, or Freeman minutes are probably less of a priority. We already play Illinois Tuesday and our only other non conference game is St. Louis who will be very good. We need the players who will be playing down the stretch or giving us big minutes off the bench as much run as possible.

It's a strange year with the shortened non conference season so getting guys like Mutaf, Mitchell, or Freeman minutes are probably less of a priority. We already play Illinois Tuesday and our only other non conference game is St. Louis who will be very good. We need the players who will be playing down the stretch or giving us big minutes off the bench as much run as possible.
Illinois will likely destroy us. Cockburn beat up Oturu, which means he will annihilate Robbins. I won't be surprised if Illinois breaks the century mark.
We need these games to add W's before the brutal B1G season.

If Ihnen plays 25+ minutes tonight, I want to see him with 7+ rebounds. With his length, should be able to do that easily and the physicality of Brandon Johnson is the part he needs to replace in order to actually be an effective replacement

Line started at -19.5, now -17.5. Would have taken UMKC too cover initial spread for sure. Gophers going to coast and win, making it closer then it should be. If Ohio can hang with Illinois so can we!

the Roos start 4 guards. Center is 6’8”, pf and wing are 6’4”. 7 rebounds in 25 minutes should be doable
Definitely doable. Just if he wants to. Rebounding is the one part of basketball that I think is more a mentality than a skill (while obviously some skill involved), need to see him commit to doing that.

So will Carr start slow as usual? I sure hope to see some different looks on offensive.

Top Bottom