***OFFICIAL TEXAS A&M CORPUS CHRISTI AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Wish I would have heard what he said. Bet it was interesting.
Summary:
There are no positions in basketball. Is Giannis able to be a point guard? Not sure. Can Giannis bring the ball up the court and initiate the offense? Yes. That’s what he views a point guard as. It’s not dribble up, pass and stand there anymore. Steph Curry is a point guard but scores first. Many guys do.

On to passing your finals boys...then Green Bay.

That Jalen Jackson is quite a player. He transferred from North Texas to Texas A&M Corpus Christi. I wonder if he is interested in a Grad Transfer to MN when his time is up?
I’ve been watching all of the NC games keeping notes on scrappy PG’s that I’d like to see here if they enter the portal 😂. That’s one thing BJ needs is a vet to run the squad next year

We played terrible. Hopefully it's a blessing in disguise that we got this one of our system against Corpus Christi.

This tape will be a hell of a teaching moment and then flush it down the toilet.

didn’t watch the middle 20 min of the game so correct me if I’m wrong and brutal/sloppy play was responsible but I was attributing the astronomical T/O rate to Ben knowing the W was secure and using the free D1 practice to begin integrating our bench while also pushing our starters to attempt higher difficulty schemes/plays out of their comfort zone that would be comedy if attempted against power 5 schools (instead of just being a bad t/o) but will be required if our success is to continue long-term down the stretch. I have no doubt we could have played starters the whole game and profoundly crushed them by 35 but what’s the point if it yields no gains down the road

May have problems with shorter quicker guards and the B1G has a few.

They were a super aggressive team that battled and was in the initial passing lanes all night. Corpus is a good team visually. I have no idea what their record will be, but they were ultra aggressive. That is a huge learning curve for the boys.
Total agreement here. Great test for the boys against a squad that was in their shorts all night long. I like the way AMCC plays. They're limited skill wise, they just work and work. Well-coached style. That's how you wear down a 6/7 man rotation.

Solid team to have on the schedule style-wise, as ball pressure seemed like an area we would be exposed since the start of the year. You'd think we'd see teams do more of that going forward in the Big 10, but I don't know. We'll see.

Good thing about this is that fixing turnovers is a lot easier than fixing something we did do well which was shooting the ball efficiently. Would be more concerned if we shot 20% from 3. We will clean this up no problem. We had one of the best turnover rates in the B1G prior to this so it should be an outlier.

didn’t watch the middle 20 min of the game so correct me if I’m wrong and brutal/sloppy play was responsible but I was attributing the astronomical T/O rate to Ben knowing the W was secure and using the free D1 practice to begin integrating our bench while also pushing our starters to attempt higher difficulty schemes/plays out of their comfort zone that would be comedy if attempted against power 5 schools (instead of just being a bad t/o) but will be required if our success is to continue long-term down the stretch. I have no doubt we could have played starters the whole game and profoundly crushed them by 35 but what’s the point if it yields no gains down the road
The starters had the lion's share of those turnovers. We were sloppy most of the game.

I think it was 74 - 57 when I last looked. Guessing the ending is why we have such a short bench
Honestly, lots of the turnovers were from the usual stalwarts at not turning it over.
Sutherlin -7
Battle - 4
Willis - 4
Loewe - 3
Stephens - 2
Curry - 3
Daniels - 2
If my North High math is correct, that's 25 from our top 7 players.
(I was incorrect, Curry appears to have had 3, not 4. Changed it.)

They shot the lights out though tonight.

Last edited:

That was brutal. BJ didn’t look happy. Got two more to improve.

On a better note, Hoffarber’s buzzer beater against Indiana is on the BTN right now.

Yuck. Just finished watching. That’s a burn the tape and “forget about it” game. Outside of great early shooting, that was an absolute disaster. Sutherlin was completely out of control. Hopefully that game was just an outlier, because it looked nothing like the first 9 games.

LOVE this team but am worried about their depth. Seems like when they play their reserves they get pounded. Injuries would be devastating (obviously) but I also wonder if the starters can play 35-40 minutes a game in the Big 10.
Well we accomplished the important thing of giving minutes to the bench today....so that's a good thing. They'll get ready...

Yuck. Just finished watching. That’s a burn the tape and “forget about it” game. Outside of great early shooting, that was an absolute disaster. Sutherlin was completely out of control. Hopefully that game was just an outlier, because it looked nothing like the first 9 games.
We also out rebounded a 9-1 team 42-23, had 23 assists (23!!!), shot 52% from the 3, got 6 bench players in the game, had 9 fewer fouls, and 4 blocks. Yes we had turnovers....but if this is our worst game so far, I'll take it. Much more good than bad things. Tons of positives!

Definitely out coached at halftime.

I worry this game may be the go-to blueprint when big ten coaches scheme up their defense strategy against us….
Then our coaches need to to come up with an answer for aggressive pressure

Definitely out coached at halftime.
I was impressed with the CC coach and his game plan. Pressure the perimeter and be chippy. Clearly the Gophers were frustrated by their quickness, tenacity and reaching in. I would have put on full court press the whole game.

CC got an easy 10 foot shot when the Gophers went zone. End of zone.

I like how CC loaded up the top of the key with two or three screens to free their PG. Gophers actually defended it fairly well forcing their way through screens.

I doubt the Gophers will face another similar opponent. I hope not as we did not match up with them very well.

Top Bottom