***OFFICIAL TEXAS A&M CORPUS CHRISTI AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
A big win behind us, we must move on and take care of business the next three home games. While this team will inevitably lose games we feel they shouldn't, the next three games should not be the ones. That being said, something called Texas A&M Corpus-Christi is 9-1 and has won 8 straight games. They are looking for a signature win and tonight is as good of a chance as they may have.

We can't look past them. We aren't good enough or deep enough to look past anyone. Come out ready to go, don't allow them to feel like they have a shot and once we open a lead, put the pedal to the medal.

I also hope tonight is a start of a stretch of games where we see more of the bench. It's critical.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, feel like this has been said a lot, but would be huge to get Thiam some development. Even though it feels like we’re a better shooting team than we were last year, we really only have 3 guys who are good shooters, (Willis, battle, stephens), a not great shooter (Loewe) and 3 guys who are essentially non-factors from 3 (Sutherlin, curry, Daniels).

If any of our top 3 guys are cold in a game, gonna be hard to find shooting, since 3/7 guys don’t even attempt 3s. Would be real nice to have a guy coming off the bench who has a chance to catch fire.

Also interesting thing I saw today - gophers have played the fewest home games of any team in the big 10 right now. We may not have played the toughest teams, but the amount of true road games/neutral site games should be a big boost for the development of the team.

Also interesting thing I saw today - gophers have played the fewest home games of any team in the big 10 right now. We may not have played the toughest teams, but the amount of true road games/neutral site games should be a big boost for the development of the team.
That is interesting. And true. (Looked it up.) Some Big teams have played as many as 8 home games already whereas the Gophers have had 4
Johnson addressed playing on the road a little in the Michigan post game interview. Something about "we don't care where we play, we just want to play". Thought he said something like that.

What do we know about Corpus Christi? If history tells us anything they’ll show up with a team full of guys. They will be of varying heights, weights, athleticism and skill. Their coach is going to do his best to win the game by playing his best players and implementing strategy. Most often they’ll look to score offensively and not let the Gophers score while they are on defense.

Corpus Christi of course is named after Christi’s Corps. A famous volunteer unit. Their mascot, Izzy the Islander, is considered offensive and racist.

As a team they are 9-1 with wins over such powerhouses as UT Rio Grande Valley (twice), Texas Lutheran, Southwestern, St. Mary’s (TX) and many other notables.

Without opening their stats we need to neutralize their offense and use our defense to create offense.

Ryan James calls this a trap. This is a good team we're playing

Let's not get carried away. They got blasted by Texas A&M and haven't played another game against a top 275 team. A third of their wins aren't D1 and the rest are mostly close wins against the absolute dregs.

Obviously the team needs to take any opponent seriously but this should absolutely be a blowout

Ryan James calls this a trap. This is a good team we're playing.
IMO, any game following a huge win on the road is considered a trap game. Especially if the opponent is not expected to win or be a huge underdog.

The guys have to learn to always respect your opponent, maintain their focus, play within themselves and grind it out on D.

I think we will win tonight. We go to 3 games a year and I bring my wife. We have only lost one game the last three years she has been coming with me. Maybe it’s luck,
maybe she is a good luck charm. See you at the game.

Let's not get carried away. They got blasted by Texas A&M and haven't played another game against a top 275 team. A third of their wins aren't D1 and the rest are mostly close wins against the absolute dregs.

Obviously the team needs to take any opponent seriously but this should absolutely be a blowout

What college basketball has shown us this year is if you don't come focused, you could lose. Winless Lafayette beat Rutgers, winless Texas Southern beat Florida... or even the craziest... Academy of Art (D2) beat UC Davis.

You see this all the time... unmotivated team comes out flat when playing a mid-major after a big-time game. Good thing is our team is full of mid-major guys and don't understand that, right? :)

Go Gophers!

I see the Gophs are favored by 15.5. Hope they cover the spread and we see more time from the bench.

What do we know about Corpus Christi? If history tells us anything they’ll show up with a team full of guys. They will be of varying heights, weights, athleticism and skill. Their coach is going to do his best to win the game by playing his best players and implementing strategy. Most often they’ll look to score offensively and not let the Gophers score while they are on defense.

Corpus Christi of course is named after Christi’s Corps. A famous volunteer unit. Their mascot, Izzy the Islander, is considered offensive and racist.

As a team they are 9-1 with wins over such powerhouses as UT Rio Grande Valley (twice), Texas Lutheran, Southwestern, St. Mary’s (TX) and many other notables.

Without opening their stats we need to neutralize their offense and use our defense to create offense.

Haha, this is a SON post right?

If we don't outscore them, we're in trouble.

I find this game interesting for a few reasons. The gophers identity seems to be that they will outwork the other team. Will the Michigan game go to their heads? Do they have the talent to overcome less than 100% effort? No clue.

I find this game interesting for a few reasons. The gophers identity seems to be that they will outwork the other team. Will the Michigan game go to their heads? Do they have the talent to overcome less than 100% effort? No clue.
Tonight will be a good test.

That was a classic. Very well played.

I'm working about an hour-hour and a half east of Corpus Christi. There was a huge gang bust last week of about 350 people there. They will be a little short handed tonight...............

Top Bottom