***OFFICIAL PENN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

27, 9 and 6 for Carr. Haven't seen these types of nights from a Gopher PG for a long time. Nate had a a couple, but Carr has already had at least 4 this year

27, 9 and 6 for Carr. Haven't seen these types of nights from a Gopher PG for a long time. Nate had a a couple, but Carr has already had at least 4 this year

Carr and Oturu make and unbelievable inside/outside combo and they just seem to be getting better as the season goes on. Shows how much not having Carr last year hurt the team because with him that squad would have been really impressive.

How did we win this game? Gabe and Payton combined 1-13 from three; two bench points. Cant continue.

Remember when you said it was going to be a PSU blowout? Maybe this team is just different than recent years' squads.

State Penn held to 23 points in the 2nd half.

Stephens talked a lot. Didn’t rebound a lot. After a couple baskets early in the second half he missed shots a lot..

Pat Chambers just said about Omersa "a junkyard dog. He knows his role. He knows who he is. Richard uses him perfectly off the bench..we need a couple of those on our team."

Pat Chambers just said about Omersa "a junkyard dog. He knows his role. He knows who he is. Richard uses him perfectly off the bench..we need a couple of those on our team."
Yeah - I caught that too. I hope Omersa gets better at finishing on simple put backs, but its great that it doesnt seem to phase him. He come right back, disrupts, slaps at the ball. He oozes enthusiasm whether he's on the bench or on the court.

I'm glad Oturu didn't take any flak from Lamar at the end of the game. We've all had enough time to judge Oturu's character and I trust his judgement to jaw off accordingly

How did we win this game? Gabe and Payton combined 1-13 from three; two bench points. Cant continue.

That's what makes this team good. We can have those guys shoot that poor and still win with efforts from Daniel and Marcus. Good teams can still win despite some adversity. Our D locked down in the second half and played with tremendous energy and we finished possession s by rebounding better. Nice thing is Gabe and Payton won't always do this when Marcus and Daniel have an off game we can win on their backs. Fun team this year

Last edited:

Love this team! I didn't love our defense in the first half and Penn State took full advantage. But once we started playing better D - about 4-5 minutes into the second half, it got the crowd on fire and it affected PSU. Great win considering Gabe and Willis being cold from outside.

Does the 10 seconds to get it past half court re-set when it's knocked out of bounds?
new rule this year that the 10 second count does not start over on a deflection out of bounds. So the Gophers had under 3 seconds to get it across. It does start over after a timeout- Pitino said in post-game that Marcus mentioned in the huddle to get in inbounds and call a timeout immediately, The one ref was calling it a timeout, but on replay they decided it was called after the 10 second violation.

new rule this year that the 10 second count does not start over on a deflection out of bounds. So the Gophers had under 3 seconds to get it across. It does start over after a timeout- Pitino said in post-game that Marcus mentioned in the huddle to get in inbounds and call a timeout immediately, The one ref was calling it a timeout, but on replay they decided it was called after the 10 second violation.

Pitino said he tried calling it right away but no one looked at him. Refs gotta know the call is coming and anticipate it and pay attention. Lucky it didn't hurt us.

When this team holds teams down with 23 points in the second half they will win nearly every time. This team can win the conference.

When this team holds teams down with 23 points in the second half they will win nearly every time. This team can win the conference.
Wow. That’s great to hear coming from a poster such as yourself! I agree about the defense. It would also be huge if Kalscheur started making shots again.

Top Bottom