***OFFICIAL NORTHWESTERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Must be coaching and player development.

No. I heard they started practicing them after the fans told him they needed work on their free throws. Practice makes perfect. I'm glad we could help.

No one is going to mention free throws? 19 for 19! Team sure has done better at the charity stripe in recent weeks.

I don't take any victory over Northwestern for granted. Those buttheads spoiled my bachelor party game at the Barn some years ago. The Gophers were supposed to win that day too. :cautious:

This was Pitino's first win over Northwestern at the Barn.

This was Pitino's first win over Northwestern at the Barn.
Had to look this up because I figured you had to have missed a game, but it’s true. 13-14, Pitino’s first season, was the year that Mo Walker was trying to get a layup to win at the buzzer but couldn’t get it and no foul was called and we lost by 1. Our other home games against Northwestern were 14-15 where 8 of our 12 conference losses were by 6 points or less, including the home game with Northwestern. 15-16 was the year we lost to almost everyone. 17-18 we lost to them after losing Lynch and Coffey. 16-17 and 18-19, our better years, we only played them once each, both games on the road, both games being wins.

Had to look this up because I figured you had to have missed a game, but it’s true. 13-14, Pitino’s first season, was the year that Mo Walker was trying to get a layup to win at the buzzer but couldn’t get it and no foul was called and we lost by 1. Our other home games against Northwestern were 14-15 where 8 of our 12 conference losses were by 6 points or less, including the home game with Northwestern. 15-16 was the year we lost to almost everyone. 17-18 we lost to them after losing Lynch and Coffey. 16-17 and 18-19, our better years, we only played them once each, both games on the road, both games being wins.

I knew it was true because I had been to the first 4 games you referenced, by picking up cheap tix via Black Friday deals. Also it was mentioned on BTN during the game that Collins was 4-0 in Williams Arena, but none of the available Wildcat players had actually played on the raised floor before last night.

I guess my staying at home was the key to victory.;)

I knew it was true because I had been to the first 4 games you referenced, by picking up cheap tix via Black Friday deals. Also it was mentioned on BTN during the game that Collins was 4-0 in Williams Arena, but none of the available Wildcat players had actually played on the raised floor before last night.

I guess my staying at home was the key to victory.;)

I thought it was my staying home that did it. Duty called last night. Only second half on TV.

I thought it was my staying home that did it. Duty called last night. Only second half on TV.

Our combined efforts made it a lock for the Gophers.

Our combined efforts made it a lock for the Gophers.

I think the Gopher win had more to do with my older brother's first appearance at Williams Arena since 1985 (remember Marc Wilson & John Shasky?).

I think the Gopher win had more to do with my older brother's first appearance at Williams Arena since 1985 (remember Marc Wilson & John Shasky?).

Yes I remember them. Two of my all time favorite Gophers. Iron Fivers. Great guys and great players. 35 years is a long time between Barn appearances. Wow.

Yes I remember them. Two of my all time favorite Gophers. Iron Fivers. Great guys and great players. 35 years is a long time between Barn appearances. Wow.
Actually loved that team.

Top Bottom