Official National Championship Game Thread

Big reply by OSU. Bryce Witham would have scored on that tight end pass by the way............

I think OSU needs two turnovers to win.

Has a college team ever had?

QB, RB, WR award winners.

Can one or both of these teams playing beat some NFL teams? Both teams are loaded. Bama more so than tOSU on paper.

Last edited:

Can one or both of these teams playing can beat some NFL teams? Both teams are loaded. Bama more so than tOSU on paper.

It's an interesting question and has been debated before when the Canes and SC were amazing, IIRC. Pro GMs said the best college teams of any period would get killed by a crappy NFL team, as only a small % of any college players, regardless of what team they are, get to the pros and stick there. Even if the college team has a player or two better than the NFL team, the won't have better players across the board, too many positions. Also pros are grown azz men, who only do that and don't have to worry about school etc...

Pro players have also said the biggest adjustment in the pros is that everyone is basically fast.

The coaching is also much better and the pros would kill them will matchups etc. Look at successful college coaches and how they fared in the pros -

Saban (Arguably best college coach ever) = sucked in NFL
Holtz (won at multiple schools and also a Natty) = sucked in NFL
Carroll ( won a Natty) = won a Super Bowl and lost another.
There are others, on the sucky side, like Bobby Peterino, but I ain't going that deep on a Monday evening.

To me they are 2 different strains of the same game. Shows what a great coach Pete is.

Last edited:

Everyone knows where the ball is going and they still can’t stop it.

Everyone knows where the ball is going and they still can’t stop it.

He's crazy - i'm interested to see where he goes in the draft and how he does in his first couple of years. Hope he gets a decent QB.

A comp for me is Desean Jackson, tall, lanky, quick and fast - odd azz combo.

No college team would be within 40 of any NFL team. They’d get murdered at the LOS and then depth would be laughable. Every NFL guy was a stud in college. Look at how great Maxx Williams was here. He has never had two touchdowns in the same NFL season.

Whoa whoa whoa. I was told you couldn’t get the ball to your best receiver in big games.

How dare a team have their best player returning punts and kicks. Especially one with as much talent as Alabama

DSmith making some serious money tonight.

Another year of no big10 champ. Guess gophs are going to have to do it themselves.

That too. Although announcers are saying he is a kid of high character.
He can be a kid of high character and I still wouldn't blame him for making six figures a year under the table playing for them

Just turned on the tv as I was tied up in a zoom meeting. Shocked to see the score after I had peeked at it earlier when it was 14-14. Clearly I was wrong in my prediction. Second half coming up, but not so hopeful for Ohio State.

Sadly, I expected AL to dominate with their talented offense. The 1st half score would have been worse without that TO by Jones.

Why do people make up allegations against kids they know nothing about. Kids on our team would love a chance to be on that team. It is a blast watching such a fantastic team. Herbie said on his radio show that through the roster they have 25 guys that will go in the first two rounds. Saban does not have to pay kids or families. Pete Carroll did not either but Reggie Bush's step father grifted his way in. Kids from all over think it is cool to play for Alabama because it is cool.

Why do people make up allegations against kids they know nothing about. Kids on our team would love a chance to be on that team. It is a blast watching such a fantastic team. Herbie said on his radio show that through the roster they have 25 guys that will go in the first two rounds. Saban does not have to pay kids or families. Pete Carroll did not either but Reggie Bush's step father grifted his way in. Kids from all over think it is cool to play for Alabama because it is cool.
Lol okay.

1. Saban isn't the one paying
2. Of course it's cool to play there
3. Anyone that gets butthurt about these kids that make millions for the school getting paid is a whiner

Lol okay.

1. Saban isn't the one paying
2. Of course it's cool to play there
3. Anyone that gets butthurt about these kids that make millions for the school getting paid is a whiner
I hear its pretty easy to get a Diploma there.

Top Bottom