***OFFICIAL MISSOURI AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Commenting on some topic I never addressed - interesting.

I’m starting to think you’re a masochist and enjoy the lises more than the wins🥴😉👍
The point is that you're preaching patience. But when you schedule only one meaningful game until January you don't get any chances to wash this one away.

That was a choice Ben made and now he has to live with it. The 2,500 in the Barn for the rest of the non-conference games is almost as damaging to him keeping his job as the on court performance.

My logic is that you have an all big ten player who can make free throws who should get the ball. Lose with your best. Poor execution by the team the last two possessions.

I can’t believe coach would tell the freshman to take it on his own. Ben blew the game from the sideline long before that.
Well, I don't disagree it was mind boggling that you ask Christie to take the game winner twice but his teammates were all just watching and waiting on both. IDK

Well, I don't disagree it was mind boggling that you ask Christie to take the game winner twice but his teammates were all just watching and waiting on both. IDK
My conversations with people connected to high level d 1 basketball suggest that it is not at all unusual for players to completely panic and forget or not do exactly what the coaches told them to do. I suppose it could have been drawn for Christie, but I highly doubt it.

The good- The team is way more talented than the last two years. They look like a Big 10 team. I give CBJ kudos for that.

The bad- the last 10 minutes were as bad of a coaching job as I’ve ever seen. The rotation made so little sense, I figured I missed some injuries or something. He has a crippling problem of not playing guys to their strengths. He also looked like a deer in headlights.

I feel really bad for the players tonight. They deserved to win. They are the more talented team.

I think it was the plan, to spread out and let him work. Terrible plan and terrible execution.

The good- The team is way more talented than the last two years. They look like a Big 10 team. I give CBJ kudos for that.

The bad- the last 10 minutes were as bad of a coaching job as I’ve ever seen. The rotation made so little sense, I figured I missed some injuries or something. He has a crippling problem of not playing guys to their strengths. He also looked like a deer in headlights.

I feel really bad for the players tonight. They deserved to win. They are the more talented team.
Maybe. But the players made some absolutely bone head plays in crunch time that were inexcusable. The ten second violation. Carrington giving up the ball at the top of the key. Fouling on a desperation three pointer. Plenty of blame to distribute. But the buck stops at the staff.

Note to Ben: On behalf of the players and fans please do not put the team into "run the clock out" mode unless we are up by 50 with under a minute to go. That was the most botched 10 minutes of basketball coaching that I have seen here at MN (That is saying alot).

Maybe. But the players made some absolutely bone head plays in crunch time that were inexcusable. The ten second violation. Carrington giving up the ball at the top of the key. Fouling on a desperation three pointer. Plenty of blame to distribute. But the buck stops at the staff.
Absolutely. It’s why you put your PG in the game. That only makes my point that it was as bad of a coaching decision as I’ve ever seen.

My conversations with people connected to high level d 1 basketball suggest that it is not at all unusual for players to completely panic and forget or not do exactly what the coaches told them to do. I suppose it could have been drawn for Christie, but I highly doubt it.
Nobody on the sideline had any gestures to suggest it wasn't as designed. The first one he had the ball for a long time....nobody came to get it...nobody else on the court moved like there was some action like a screen to set something else up. 1-4 down is a very common end of shot clock, end of game strategy. I saw No evidence that wasn't the intended play.

I think it was the plan, to spread out and let him work. Terrible plan and terrible execution.
I would agree with you if the plan for the previous ten minutes made any sense at all. But it didn’t. They were in the bonus at 12 minutes and didn’t take it to the hoop for the next five minutes. Unbelievable.

Then again, I may have confirmed your argument.

Hahahahahaha.

Your take was stupid. Still is. Of course that was the plan.
A transparent appeal to authority only makes you look worse.

You want my bad take? CBJ is already worried about losing Christie to the portal this spring and gave him the game winning opportunities in a futile attempt to dissuade him.

But whatever...it was intentional.

Whoever put that stand around the perimeter offensive set and dribble the ball till it bleeds needs to be fired. It doesn't work and killed all the momentum...that reeked of the former regime. If you want to shorten the damn game, go to thar motion set that we used to run in Ben's first year and sorry Cam should not have been in the game in the last five minutes..it was not his night..and he's not ready for a situation like that. ..that's coaching malpractice. Ben has to learn how to feel the game, go with the hot hand, and have the right combination on the floor. It was obvious in the last 5 minutes that combination was not working. What a pisser.

Whoever put that stand around the perimeter offensive set and dribble the ball till it bleeds needs to be fired. It doesn't work and killed all the momentum...that reeked of the former regime. If you want to shorten the damn game, go to thar motion set that we used to run in Ben's first year and sorry Cam should not have been in the game in the last five minutes..it was not his night..and he's not ready for a situation like that. ..that's coaching malpractice. Ben has to learn how to feel the game, go with the hot hand, and have the right combination on the floor. It was obvious in the last 5 minutes that combination was not working. What a pisser.
I’ll say this, for better or worse, the former regime would never have stayed in it without their PG. I agree with you that it’s a terrible game plan, to do it without your PG in the game is mind boggling.

My one minor objection is that the 1-4 one guy try to win the game is pretty common in college basketball. We had the wrong guy doing it.

My one minor objection is that the 1-4 one guy try to win the game is pretty common in college basketball. We had the wrong guy doing it.
I can live with that, but like you said KYP-Know your personnel.

Note to Ben: On behalf of the players and fans please do not put the team into "run the clock out" mode unless we are up by 50 with under a minute to go. That was the most botched 10 minutes of basketball coaching that I have seen here at MN (That is saying alot).
That game was disappointing…really, really disappointing. It was just like watching Gopher football.

Per the box score-

Rebounding 28 Mo - 44 MN (Edited)
To. 8 Mo - 16 MN

Tough to win based on those TO numbers -
Who knew Sean Tyler also played hoops.

Additionally, we started 7-11 from 3 and ended up 8-23 Yikes.

Ball needs to run through Garcia, he’s gotta touch it, and if he kicks it out it’s a better shot for Cam (ir anyone else) as he’s likely better catching and shooting, as are most wings.

The team can coalesce or crumble and Ben needs to learn from this and gotta have Hawk out there.

It’s 66 here tomorrow, so I’m good . Get some Zs you nutballs🥹

Last edited:

Per the box score-

Rebounding 44 Mo - 28 MN
To. 8 Mo - 16 MN

Tough to win just based on those numbers.

Ball needs to run through Garcia, he’s gotta touch it, and if he kicks it out it’s a better shot for Cam (ir anyone else) as he’s likely better catching and shooting, as are most wings.

The team can coalesce or crumble and Ben needs to learn from this and gotta have Hawk out there
You have the rebounds backwards.

Per the box score-

Rebounding 44 Mo - 28 MN
To. 8 Mo - 16 MN

Tough to win just based on those numbers.

The team can coalesce or crumble and Ben needs to learn from this and gotta have Hawk out there.

It’s 66 here tomorrow, so I’m good . Get some Zs you nutballs🥹

Gophers had the huge rebounding edge not Mizzou

Have that difficult conversation for breakfast, Mr Coyle.
Probably not yet, but someone should at least poke him with a stick and wake him from his hibernation.

Top Bottom