***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS SAN FRANCISCO NEUTRAL SITE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

About this time last year posters began to state that no one expected wins in 2022-2023. We aren’t do that again are we?

I'm still not sure that buyout really is $6 million. When I read the article posted here recently claiming it was, the author himself revealed that he really wasn't sure of the buyout value. If the extension did not increase the buyout (Coyle's last extension to Pitino did not), the buyout could be under $3 million after this season.
I think as a practical matter, buyouts are negotiated in separation agreements and for most don’t reach the numbers quoted. They are also dependent on the one separating actively seeking employment. I don’t remember where it was but some school took a former coach to court for not honoring the requirement to actively seek work. My understanding is that we paid Pitino nothing because he walked immediately into a comparable job. That won’t be so easy with the current situation.

I think as a practical matter, buyouts are negotiated in separation agreements and for most don’t reach the numbers quoted. They are also dependent on the one separating actively seeking employment. I don’t remember where it was but some school took a former coach to court for not honoring the requirement to actively seek work. My understanding is that we paid Pitino nothing because he walked immediately into a comparable job. That won’t be so easy with the current situation.
What does a video coordinator pay at Montana State? He may be qualified for that as a next job.

I think all Pitino got was a bonus for academic progress of the players.

We paid Pitino nothing because he was on his knees begging for one more year. He bought that one more year by giving up anything Coyle asked him to...including a buyout without any teeth.

Top Bottom