***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Northwestern (GAME THREAD)

Smart move by Brew to run a play on 4th down knowing it would take more than :02, and not risking a punt from the back of your own endzone. Good call Brew.

Great coaching by NU at the end to get a 4th down.

There is your answer!

The referees who called the catch by Decker a catch, and then confirmed it, went on the camera and spoke to the people at Buffalo Wild Wings. The restaurant patrons weren't ready to go yet, so they turned around and reversed the call.

It's the only way it makes sense to me.

Smart move by Brew to run a play on 4th down knowing it would take more than :02, and not risking a punt from the back of your own endzone. Good call Brew.

Let's not get carried away with this 'move'. Any football fan over the age of about 7 would've done the same thing; of course, the announcers did seem to think a punt was in order, so I guess there are a few people out there to whom the move would seem smart.

The referees who called the catch by Decker a catch, and then confirmed it, went on the camera and spoke to the people at Buffalo Wild Wings. The restaurant patrons weren't ready to go yet, so they turned around and reversed the call.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Great coaching by NU at the end to get a 4th down.

Didn't they let the entire game clock run down after the 1st down?? So the idea was right at the end, but poor execution letting like 30 seconds run down after 1st down until Fitz realized it?

Good half for Minnesota, we scored more points. First two pos of 2nd half will be real key. We've got to find a way to keep our defense off the field. Whaley has looked good on the 2 runs. Interesting to see if D can adjust at half as well as they did in prior games.

:D:D:D:D:D

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++

Agreed. I think the Minnesota fans are louder than the NW fans.

NU only had 2 timeouts so they would have had to let the entire clock run out on either first second or third down. Nothing that Fitz could do other than what he did.

The stadium looks at least 50% empty. They said in the Chicago paper today that the school is in session for the first time for a home game. Didn't make sense to me, but a poor, poor crowd.

NU only had 2 timeouts so they would have had to let the entire clock run out on either first second or third down. Nothing that Fitz could do other than what he did.

Fitzgerald was VERY smart there - only problem, when Weber took the knee, there was still about 10-12 seconds on the clock, and NU didn't call TO until 7 seconds left. Then, the timekeeper let 2 extra seconds run off the clock on 3rd down, so that we lucked out only having 2 seconds left on 4th down.

It seemed we didn't wait until the play clock was low after first the first down rush. That could have hurt us.

NU seems to be getting the few breaks so far (amazing catches, strange calls, fumble recoveries), yet we're up 4 heading into half. They start out with the ball second half, so these first couple of possessions are absolutely huge.

I kinda wonder what would have happened if Weber would have taken that fourth down call and passed it to Weber rather than out of bound since NW clearly was not ready on defense. I know it offers the chance of it backfiring, but the %s I think were in the Gophers favor.

I kinda wonder what would have happened if Weber would have taken that fourth down call and passed it to Weber rather than out of bound since NW clearly was not ready on defense. I know it offers the chance of it backfiring, but the %s I think were in the Gophers favor.

:clap:

Top Bottom