***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS NORTHWESTERN BIG TEN TOURNAMENT WEAKLING WEDNESDAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Would be fun we put it together tomorrow.

I could also see totally folding when we get down by a few points

I’m just hope we keep it watchable, but a win would be something.

Robbins is actually our best percentage shooter from three point range, by a hair, over Carr. Williams third.

After tonight's game:

Williams 33.3%
Robbins 32.7%
Carr 31.6%

(Only guys over 30% on the entire active roster)

Amazingly, I was right on the win by five prediction! Although with the wrong starting lineup and 42% FTs vice 82%.

Who knew NW could shoot that much worse than us. Go figure.

Let's hope Carr breaks loose tonight and the Williams, Mashburn, Robbins, Curry and Gach numbers stay fairly consistent with what they achieved last night.

man....that was one of the worst bball games i have watched in a long time. Kids at Frozen 2 on as well. I found myself more interested in that movie then the game.

Williams did a nice job again last night! He was certainly a plus.

man....that was one of the worst bball games i have watched in a long time. Kids at Frozen 2 on as well. I found myself more interested in that movie then the game.

Williams did a nice job again last night! He was certainly a plus.
I've been on the Tre Williams band wagon since he signed. Glad he is finally getting some run and providing returns.

Now about Ihnen.

I've been on the Tre Williams band wagon since he signed. Glad he is finally getting some run and providing returns.

Now about Ihnen.

I hope we can retain those two with the next coach. I think they are both hard workers and can add value. Hopefully the next staff can continue to grow them. Tre's got the chance to be an elite defender in the B1G, but he gets caught too often being aloof. Offensively he's got moxy too. He gets out of control at times, but if we could place some shooters on the floor to space, I could see him being a nice piece attacking the rim. I like the idea of Gabe, Tre, and Ihnen coming back under a coach who can teach defense.

I hope we can retain those two with the next coach. I think they are both hard workers and can add value. Hopefully the next staff can continue to grow them. Tre's got the chance to be an elite defender in the B1G, but he gets caught too often being aloof. Offensively he's got moxy too. He gets out of control at times, but if we could place some shooters on the floor to space, I could see him being a nice piece attacking the rim. I like the idea of Gabe, Tre, and Ihnen coming back under a coach who can teach defense.
The cupboard is not bare.

Just need a better cook.

The cupboard is not bare.

Just need a better cook.
Let's hope that's the case. For the past 20+ years and three coaches we have either not had enough talent or well enough coached talent to achieve even 4th place more than once in the Big Ten. If the problem is coaching (and some of it certainly is) then I hope we can solve it with the next guy. I am guessing that the absolute ceiling with a healthy squad and the best coaching in the country would have been about 13-7. The ceiling with the guys we currently put on the floor would have been about 5-15.

There are issues with shot selection, but overall these guys can't shoot. They are not physical rebounders either, however that may be correctable with better coaching. The next coach will need better shooters and a better system to get them open, in addition to solid defense.

man its crazy how often he, Carr, & Mash just seem to be day dreaming on defense! but i agree he can be a heck of a lot better defender then what he has shown. And his attacking ability would go a long ways if we had some shooters for sure!

man its crazy how often he, Carr, & Mash just seem to be day dreaming on defense! but i agree he can be a heck of a lot better defender then what he has shown. And his attacking ability would go a long ways if we had some shooters for sure!

Agreed, it seems to be a program issue more than a Williams one for sure!

Amazingly, I was right on the win by five prediction! Although with the wrong starting lineup and 42% FTs vice 82%.

Who knew NW could shoot that much worse than us. Go figure.

Let's hope Carr breaks loose tonight and the Williams, Mashburn, Robbins, Curry and Gach numbers stay fairly consistent with what they achieved last night.
I’m pretty sure that Robbins will achieve his numbers from last night at the very least.

I think Tre is a classic example of how a player can progress and improve during the season. At the beginning, he was one of those guys who looked like he could be really good, if he could just cut down on all the mistakes. As the year goes on, still inconsistent, but you could see progress. Now, at the end of the year, he still makes mistakes, but far fewer and the good is finally outweighing the bad. I would imagine hours of film watching and working on specific problem areas during and after practice is finally starting to pay off. Very encouraging!

His expanded role was forced when Gabe went down and it's good to see that, for the most part, he's starting to perform more consistently at a level close to the flashes of promise he showed earlier in the season.

I'm hoping that Ihnen can finally get the light to come on next season for us.

Williams is developing into a very reliable B1G quality starter.

Top Bottom