***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. NIU - {NOW OR NEVER} - (GAME THREAD)

Yeah! Adam Weber threw another incomplete pass!!!

All homerism aside, why would any competent coach come to the U? If you were an upcoming coach, why not go to a mid-level conference where the competition is less. If you are a coach looking to rebuild, why go to a school that won't pay for you to succeed. I want to be proven wrong, but the administration has to decide whether having a winning football team is worthwhile. I think they care more about going after research funds rather than athletic funds. Is Brewster type the only type of coach we can get with the University priorities?

maybe it is time to dump some of the athletic programs and spend more on football.

I don't care if they do, in fact, come back to win this game. This is just indefensible poor football, not just today but for the last 4 years. It's the perfect storm, crappy players with crappy coaches leads to craptastic football.

Maybe its time to dump football and spend more money on other sports?

Coaches would be interested in a job here. Maybe not marquee names like Notre Dame keeps going after, but how has chasing the next savior with expectations of an immediate turn-around worked for them? Brewster is clearly not the guy. But I don't buy the line that we can't attract a decent coach.

I don't want to hear ANYONE give me the, "oh, it will just be that sweeter when we finally do turn it around" line of bull. 43 years of this crap. I am sick to death of having people laugh at me when I say I'm a fan of this team. Why the hell didn't I just go to OSU as an undergrad?:banghead:

Welcome to the club. The level of ignorance to the damage our athletics department is doing to our rep is astounding after all this time.

Just keep running it, that will fix everything. Get to 3rd down, that way we can maybe convert 20% of the time 8 or so times in a row.

All homerism aside, why would any competent coach come to the U? If you were an upcoming coach, why not go to a mid-level conference where the competition is less. If you are a coach looking to rebuild, why go to a school that won't pay for you to succeed. I want to be proven wrong, but the administration has to decide whether having a winning football team is worthwhile. I think they care more about going after research funds rather than athletic funds. Is Brewster type the only type of coach we can get with the University priorities?

Well, for one thing, the facilities are miles ahead of where they were, so that's a nice bonus. Having said that, you're completely correct that the U's administration has shown little interest over the years in building a good program. With the recent upgrades in facilities, it seems some of that tide may have turned. One thing is for sure however: The philosophy of bargain-basement hiring practices that the U has actively embraced over the past four-plus decades when it comes to football needs to stop.

280 million for a new stadium, Dunbar and Withers got big money to be coordinators, Patterson was offered 2 million dollars.

Maturi got taken. Has nothing to do with the University's commitment.

Nice throw Weber. Wow, easy INT dropped. That was after a 1 yard run on 1st down.

Brilliant job guys. Thank God we've got to the intended 3rd down.

Yeah! Weber threw another incomplete pass!! This time it was almost caught and housed by NIU. So close.... so close...

LMAO! Classic Weber, TONS of time and he air-mails it with no pressure at all.

He is going to help get 2 coaches fired.

Great throw by Weber...but of course that was talent around him. :)

OMG, a 31 yard punt???? Get some guys from the Rec Leagues to come out and kick for this team, there is NO WAy they can be any worse.

Top Bottom