OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MICHIGAN LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD

Don't understand audible to shotgun on 3rd down from the 1/2 yard line when we had a timeout. Run or sneak there and if you don't get it then either kick the FG or go for it on 4th.

That was the worst coaching job to end the game I've seen all year. Horrible play motioning all of those players, that's on the coaches not the kids. Mitch had one of his better games to bad the coaches couldn't put him in a position to win.

Some fans love the "roll the dice" BS and I'm sure that's how Claeys will play it, but it's just stupid not to try to go to overtime in this instance. Michigan's got their 2nd-string QB in the game, so play the odds.

Run then TO. Throw. Then Do whatever you want on 3rd down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't understand audible to shotgun on 3rd down from the 1/2 yard line when we had a timeout. Run or sneak there and if you don't get it then either kick the FG or go for it on 4th.

Wasn't it first? It was a long pass play (TD reversed), so it was 1st down and goal at the 1/2 yard line. We could have ran at least 2 plays and kicked the FG!

Well then. 2 more feet and people's opinion of our coaches is completely different.

On second thought, some criticism is warranted, just wasn't expecting the foaming at the mouth rage.

Some fans love the "roll the dice" BS and I'm sure that's how Claeys will play it, but it's just stupid not to try to go to overtime in this instance. Michigan's got their 2nd-string QB in the game, so play the odds.

This was not a roll the dice situation.

The QB sneak should've been called on the first play instead of shifting and wasting 9 seconds.

Convert and we win. Short we still have 8 or so seconds to take one more shot before kicking a FG.

Shameful.

Wasn't it first? It was a long pass play (TD reversed), so it was 1st down and goal at the 1/2 yard line. We could have ran at least 2 plays and kicked the FG!

My bad your right. Got the down mixed up. Either way the point remains the same.

Run instead of switching to shotgun. At least you can catch MI out of alignment forcing them to burn a timeout.

FIRE LIMEGROVER AND GET LIEDNER TO ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO THE FU$KING GAMECLOCK!!! WTF ARE YOU THINKING!!!!!!

Disagree completely. At 18 secs on the ½ foot line with one time out we have 2 plays to push it in and win the game. What we did with the 1st is a complete abomination and should cost this coaching staff any chance of staying on.

Run then TO. Throw. Then Do whatever you want on 3rd down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. It's SIMPLE! The whole time they're reviewing that play, you're talking about this. Try a sneak. Call timeout. Then throw a pass. If that doesn't work, you decide if you want to throw again, run, or just kick the FG.

Amazing game. Amazing gameplan on both sides of the ball. Unfrotunately, all that goodwill built up over the course of 3+ hours was completely lost on that stupid, pathetic end to the game. FAHK!111111

Mitch played great, probably the best game of his career... we had the game. Coaches F'd up badly.

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE THE MINNESOTA PRESS IS GONNA HAVE A FIELD DAY ON THIS ONE.

NICE WAY TO REMEMBER COACH KILL GUYS BY PISSING THE GAME DOWN YOUR LEG.

Disagree completely. At 18 secs on the ½ foot line with one time out we have 2 plays to push it in and win the game. What we did with the 1st is a complete abomination and should cost this coaching staff any chance of staying on.

Agree. If you aren't angry about this you are clueless.....way too many loyalists that can't think for themselves. I am pissed.

I'm even okay with passing it there. As long as no INT, all is fine. But you CANNOT waste that much time setting up the play.

How is it possible to be as stupid as we were at the end? How is it possible we didn't know the clock was running? How is it possible that we run that abomination of a play from the half yard line on 1st down? How is it possible that we decide to pin the game on our average at best offensive line vs. Michigan's amazing defensive front? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?!!!!!

The QB sneak should've been called on the first play instead of shifting and wasting 9 seconds.

Convert and we win. Short we still have 8 or so seconds to take one more shot before kicking a FG.

Shameful.

Exactly....just unreal that it went down like that.....waste of a great emotional effort by the team. Now we head to Columbus and see what happens....can the staff sustain this kind of effort for the next few weeks in some really tough road environments.

THIS IS REASON NUMBER 103458 WHY IT'S SO HARD TO BE A GOPHER FAN. THEY ALWAYS DISSAPOINT YOU.

Mitch played great, probably the best game of his career... we had the game. Coaches F'd up badly.

And yet he still only managed to complete, what, 50% or less of his passes with some really, REALLY lucky passes that could have easily been intercepted.....

He is terrible. He missed a pretty easy pass to Lingen early in the game that should have been a TD. Not a difficult throw or read.

Shameful.

Correct. Just a complete mismanaged situation.

Top Bottom