***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MARYLAND BTT 2ND ROUND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Really no reason for them not to stick together. They all have a clear opportunity here. Unless there is an issue with the relationship with Ben, which I highly doubt, it makes sense that they stay.
Winning would be a large reason

Winning would be a large reason
I would guess that they believe they can win going forward. Payne is going to be a star. There is some raw material here. Do they believe in their coach going out to get a few more pieces? Do they believe Ihnen and Fox will help? Christie? Do they believe in their own ability to develop. If the answer is yes- they stay.

I would guess that they believe they can win going forward. Payne is going to be a star. There is some raw material here. Do they believe in their coach going out to get a few more pieces? Do they believe Ihnen and Fox will help? Christie? Do they believe in their own ability to develop. If the answer is yes- they stay.
I hope you are correct, but ….man they were hard to watch most of the year.

We have to find a big and some physicality. We have to find two back players in the portal.

We are miles away.
That's the thing. Coyle keeps talking about championship-level basketball. Us fans would settle for getting back to where we were when the last coach got fired. We're miles away from either. This is so uphill being a fan of this program.

Seemed like more turnovers than 13. Honestly, seemed like 18 or so.
ESPN says 15 turnovers but only attributes 13 to individual players. Not sure if there are team turnovers or it’s something else.

If I win the Powerball on Saturday I’m donating a bunch to keep those 4 freshmen here, and help them buy a good point guard. I meant recruit a good point guard.

I actually think Ben could end up doing OK in the future at some point.

It just seems like it'll take us a loooonnnnnngggg time to get there.

It's weird we will have 7 forwards, but none are physical enough to back up Payne in the post. Joj can guard a sf and I'd say Henley. The rest can guard strictly 4's.

Carrington is a scorer off the bench on a good team, he is not an athlete, guarding an athletic 2 will always be hard for him.

Can I trade 3 4"S for a backup center and some quick guards?

ESPN says 15 turnovers but only attributes 13 to individual players. Not sure if there are team turnovers or it’s something else.
I understand. Think it was the “close to being a turnover” stuff that made me think there were more. Too darn sloppy with the ball the whole season and of course this game too.

Everyone will be back except Battle

Hopefully Battle will decide to come back too.....but I've said before.....Cooper is more important due to the hole at PG. Add another decent point guard in the portal and this team could look much much better next year.

It's weird we will have 7 forwards, but none are physical enough to back up Payne in the post. Joj can guard a sf and I'd say Henley. The rest can guard strictly 4's.

Carrington is a scorer off the bench on a good team, he is not an athlete, guarding an athletic 2 will always be hard for him.

I actually thought Carrington defended really well tonight. By far his best game on both ends

When "position-less basketball" goes wrong...

Hopefully Battle will decide to come back too.....but I've said before.....Cooper is more important due to the hole at PG. Add another decent point guard in the portal and this team could look much much better next year.
Battle didn't appear to have the vibe of a guy coming back. Could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if he's playing for us next year.

Inside info or hope?
Neither. Just a guess after watching the players all season. Battle has smiled once and his body language is all wrong. Freshman should stay. Everyone else has limited options if they want to play in a competetive conference. TT might leave to find more playing time but something tells me he won't.

I suppose If everyone starts heading for the portal we know Ben's days are numbered. I don't think that will happen.

Top Bottom