******Official Minnesota vs. Illinois in-game thread: 11AM CT, ESPNU*********

Illinois doing a lot of the same stuff Purdue did and it's working again.

Glad the refs wiped that bad call off.

Everyone wins with this offer: Loser makes a $50 donation to a tax-qualified organization of the winner's choice.

You win IF: Minnesota improves on their regular season record of 8-4 from a year ago.

I win IF: Minnesota is unable to improve on their regular season record of a year ago.

Who's in? Will take at least the first four, maybe more, up until 12:18pm CT today. Reply here or PM me.

Go Gophers!!!

Yeah. This is three weeks in a row that offenses are using our aggressiveness against us.

Yeah, I'm not sure what we ran on that 3rd and 17......but I cannot believe that we did not sit in a soft coverage and let the d-line force O'Toole out of the pocket. Can't let him run for 16 yards on that play.

There's no aggressiveness. Our D-line has no gap control. O-line reaches the second level on every run play.

I think you're mixing up aggressiveness and discipline. We're firing out and not holding our lanes. They are reaching the second level because our guys are only thinking about getting upfield.

There's no aggressiveness. Our D-line has no gap control. O-line reaches the second level on every run play.

Awful D on the first drive. Running QBs always destroy the Gophers, and you saw that on the 3rd-and-17 near-conversion. Why? Poor control of positioning for one, and D-backs not knowing where the ball is, for two.

Gotta be better communication; tackling wasn't very good first drive either.

Gotta make that catch! Wakey wakey Gophers! Game started at 11!!!

"Looks like it hit the receiver(and the defender)​ in the hands."

well, if the first two possessions mean much, this game is trouble. Two drops by receivers aren't going to help the passing game.

The SEC quality receiver comment made me throw up in my mouth a bit. Is anyone other than ESPN carrying this game?

Ummm, run the ball please. One run and we eff up two passes. Stick to the run muh boy.

Great tackle by Wilson. Such a player.

Wilson is a beast, at least we can count on that every game.

Ummm, run the ball please. One run and we eff up two passes. Stick to the run muh boy.

That was two straight passes that could have been caught. Jones was wide open and Woli may have been able to catch the ball despite being defended. We can't afford a vanilla offensive attack.

Looks like they are going to make Leidner beat them.

Too bad that wasn't caught. Could have been 4th and 5.

Top Bottom