***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS CENTRAL MICHIGAN QUICK LANE BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Congrats on the win from Husker land. The BIG West is now 2-0 and us supposedly lowly 5-7 bowl teams are 3-0. :clap:

If you plan on coming to Lincoln next Nov. 12th get in touch with me for an invite to the HuskerMax tailgate. Glad to see that KJ Maye will not be there. Think he will be playing on Sundays next year.

Congrats on the win from Husker land. The BIG West is now 2-0 and us supposedly lowly 5-7 bowl teams are 3-0. :clap:

If you plan on coming to Lincoln next Nov. 12th get in touch with me for an invite to the HuskerMax tailgate. Glad to see that KJ Maye will not be there. Think he will be playing on Sunday's next year.

Thanks BigRedMax! Congrats to your 'Skers as well.

Go Gophers!!

That and an inferior opponent.

Lousy memory?

Mitch went 26 of 40 for 301 yards against NE. Then 16 of 33 for 317 against MI. 27 of 44 for 281 against tOSU. 19 of 27 for 259 against the Hawkeyes. He's ah, not been their problem since the NW game. Before then? Yeah, not so much.

Correction, he was a big part of the problem against the Badgers.

This may have been a meaningless game to some of you, but it sure meant something to me to see a smiling, healthy Coach Kill celebrate a win with the team.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Lousy memory?

Mitch went 26 of 40 for 301 yards against NE. Then 16 of 33 for 317 against MI. 27 of 44 for 281 against tOSU. 19 of 27 for 259 against the Hawkeyes. He's ah, not been their problem since the NW game. Before then? :rolleyes:

That's right, I forgot about all those wins. Thanks.

Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post

This game has shown what he can do when healthy, which he obviously wasn't for a big part of the season.

"That and an inferior opponent."
-------

Lousy memory?

Mitch went 26 of 40 for 301 yards against NE. Then 16 of 33 for 317 against MI. 27 of 44 for 281 against tOSU. 19 of 27 for 259 against the Hawkeyes. He's ah, not been their problem since the NW game. Before then? Yeah, not so much.

Correction, he was a big part of the problem against the Badgers.

---------

Oh, you thought they were WINS? That explains things then.

If you think ML7 was the problem with this team this year then you have a problem. He played very well the entire 2nd half of the year and was just the MVP of our Bowl Game Win.

I was wrong. Congrats to Kill, Claeys, and the rest of the Gophers team.

If you think ML7 was the problem with this team this year then you have a problem. He played very well the entire 2nd half of the year and was just the MVP of our Bowl Game Win.

If you go to the MVP thread, you'll note that I voted him MVP. It is true that he did played much better in the second half of the season. What I find amusing are all the Pollyannas that point to this huge bowl game victory over a superior p5 opponent as evidence that he is the next coming of _____ (fill in the blank as to your favorite wet dream, e.g., Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning, etc.).

Congrats to the team. Felt like we should be winning by 3 TDs, it just felt in control.

Congrats to Mitch, really got to hand it to him. He looked great.

Man does brooks look good. Smith too.

Future is bright.

What I find amusing are all the Pollyannas that point to this huge bowl game victory over a superior p5 opponent as evidence that he is the next coming of _____ (fill in the blank as to your favorite wet dream, e.g., Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning, etc.).

Could you link to these statements from the Pollyannas? Thanks in advance.

If you go to the MVP thread, you'll note that I voted him MVP. It is true that he did played much better in the second half of the season. What I find amusing are all the Pollyannas that point to this huge bowl game victory over a superior p5 opponent as evidence that he is the next coming of _____ (fill in the blank as to your favorite wet dream, e.g., Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning, etc.).

Well now that makes sense except for the child-like "wet dream" stuff. Why not say that in the first place?

Whew!! Like to use hyperbole, much????

My reply was in response to a post about Mortell - when we are talking about a punter, what difference does it make how good or bad the opponent is ?

My mistake. Confused your post with another discussion. I agree, Peter was excellent today. I'd make him 4th on the MVP list. He gave us a big advantage by pinning them deep time and again.

I recorded the game and avoided this site, social media etc. so I could watch the game as if it was live.

So I did not start reading this thread until after the game was complete.

Really nice to see Gopher football after the long wait for bowl season, but I sure as **** did not miss the same jack-holes ****ting all over this team when things don't go perfectly.

This place really is a cesspool once in a while.

I recorded the game and avoided this site, social media etc. so I could watch the game as if it was live.

So I did not start reading this thread until after the game was complete.

Really nice to see Gopher football after the long wait for bowl season, but I sure as **** did not miss the same jack-holes ****ting all over this team when things don't go perfectly.

This place really is a cesspool once in a while.

I did the same thing.

Glad to get a win. Always good to go into the offseason on a high note. A lot of good things to take from this game. Leidner played well, the backs continue to impress, KJ Maye has improved so much. OL is still an issue and sucked to see some bad missed tackles on defense.

Still don't understand why a 3rd and short is not an automatic QB sneak with Leidner.

I wonder if Claeys spent more time with the D leading up to this game vs the last few games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love reading the in-game thread after the game.

It is very entertaining.

Replay starting now 9am on ESPNU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom