***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA V TEXAS TECH, PITINO V TUBBY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Wow, that was the absolute worst stretch I have seen from us this year. Total lack of care and desire by everyone on the floor.

Those charging calls have both been really weak.

It started about 10 years ago, but there is now a very noticeable bias towards calling charges. I have the game delayed a few minutes and have not seen the second one yet, the call on McBriaer? was absolutely awful.

It looked bad in real time and then I slowed it down and was beyond terrible. #15 was never in position, was moving and stepped forward into the driving player, undercutting him, then flopped. Officials cannot make this call competently. They need to go back to the rule form two yeas ago, that they cowardly bailed on, that made this call easier, and was more in line with how they used to call charging. To get a charging call you should be standing in one spot, without your feet moving, or sliding in any direction, without pushing your torso or arms into the player.

Horrible

Officials like making charging calls. The NBA is better at it, but there the "star" calls are a problem.

One shot on offense. Rebounding is not our strength. Wish Pitino could somehow instill a will for the ball in our kids. Not sure why it's so hard for these guys to want to go after the ball.

Starting to question if King will be effective against the power 5 teams. He's so weak that it's hard for him to do anything against bigger players.

We're settling for too many 3's. I think we've only hit one so far. Should continue to attack the basket.

Gaston is dreadful. All he can do is set a screen or block a driving lane. He stands a watches the ball bounce off the rim and he appears to be playing in weighted boots.

We're settling for too many 3's. I think we've only hit one so far. Should continue to attack the basket.

Seems like every time we attack the basket the refs make a bogus offensive foul call.

King's foot speed is so slow. If he is caught out of position there is no hope that he'll recover.

I've counted five times where the announcers have stated that the refs were wrong. All in favor of TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice way to stand and watch the three point shooter in admiration

Yeah, I definitely think Diedhiou will finish his career at another, lower level, program. He has no discernible skill.

I missed the first few minutes. I don't think I've seen Konate out there, is is out because of the early fouls?

Only down 6. It seems like more. One thing I liked about Tubby is his ability to teach man-to-man defense.
We are presently not a good defensive team and the zone shows that. Thankfully Tubby's offense is bad enough that we can stay close.

I missed the first few minutes. I don't think I've seen Konate out there, is is out because of the early fouls?

He's picked up two. Murphy also has two but when TT went on a 9-0 run with Gaston out there, Pitino had to put him back in. Bakary wasn't that great when he was in there anyway.

King and Mason get going, we keep TT in trouble in the zone and we're fine. TT is not going to go off on us deep. They are a very poor shooting team. Of course, our shooting right now looks as bad...

Biggest key to the game to me so far is once the Gophers finally tied the game, their next four possessions were 3 bad shots (ranging from not that bad to absolutely horrific) and a turnover. On those four possessions, I am not sure more than 2 guys ever touched the ball once it past half court. Lack of ball movement was a major theme in the last 5-7 minutes of that half with the Gophers frequently not passing the ball a single time before someone jacked up a shot. I thought Pitino was late to get a timeout in aforementioned sequence where he let those all 4 of those terrible possessions happen and Tech pushed out to an 8 or 10 point lead.

I didn't want to put this first because the Gophers poor play deserves the headline, but they've been absolutely f'd by the officials today. At least 3 incorrectly called block/charges went against them on the offensive end, a questionable travel on Morris, and at least a couple phantom fouls on the defensive end as well.

It's going to be a long year watching Carlos Morris play. His peaks and valley's were really extreme...in just one half of basketball.

STARTERSFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
Bakary Konate, C0-10-00-0101000120
Charles Buggs, F2-22-20-0000000026
Joey King, F1-30-20-0022010002
Nate Mason, G1-70-42-2000010124
Carlos Morris, G2-50-04-5033220318
BENCHFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
Gaston Diedhiou, F0-10-00-0011000030
Jordan Murphy, F0-10-10-0066101020
Kevin Dorsey, G2-40-20-0101000204
Dupree McBrayer, G2-40-20-1000010124
TOTALSFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AOREB DREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
10-282-136-83131635181428
35.7%15.4%75.0%

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

Gophers just need to shoot the ball better this second half, which I think they will.

Top Bottom