***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin NEW YEARS EVE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

To be honest, refs didnt call about 4 fouls on MN drives to the hoop in the first half. I think that scared MN and they didnt adjust and that's on the Gophers.

Badgers are good defensively but were benefactors of a very loosely called game. Pitino needed to adjust and didnt. The gophers then started settling for 3s bc they werent getting calls going to the basket.

Built, you can say WI is perfect but c'mon...the refs influenced the game...legally i may add. I feel as though it would be different if they played again in the barn.
Wisc. is far from perfect, They were terrible against Maryland.

Why do we always complain about the officiating in these game day threads? Every single game.

My feeling is generally "If you think officiating is so awful, why not start doing it yourself and show the rest of us how much better you would be than the guys who went through the training and do it 50-100 times a year?". Sort of put your money where your mouth is, or don't complain about it.

People tend to complain about a lot of things that they would likely be worse at than the people they're complaining about are. I know that I've done some officiating in my life and honestly, I kinda sucked. For every great call (IMO) I made, I was probably wrong on 3-4 other 50/50 calls. It's hard to do it well!

As I've mentioned before, it's amazing how many times I've gone to high school or college games, sat on opposite sides for each half of the game and listened to fans insist the refs are screwing our guys and letting the other guys get away with murder. It's eye-opening how differently fans see a game from their perspective as rooters, as opposed to when you watch a game with no concerns about who wins.

My feeling is generally "If you think officiating is so awful, why not start doing it yourself and show the rest of us how much better you would be than the guys who went through the training and do it 50-100 times a year?". Sort of put your money where your mouth is, or don't complain about it.

People tend to complain about a lot of things that they would likely be worse at than the people they're complaining about are. I know that I've done some officiating in my life and honestly, I kinda sucked. For every great call (IMO) I made, I was probably wrong on 3-4 other 50/50 calls. It's hard to do it well!

As I've mentioned before, it's amazing how many times I've gone to high school or college games, sat on opposite sides for each half of the game and listened to fans insist the refs are screwing our guys and letting the other guys get away with murder. It's eye-opening how differently fans see a game from their perspective as rooters, as opposed to when you watch a game with no concerns about who wins.
Great post. UW fans are complaining that Robbins is dirty and the refs missed a ton.

I pay Good $$$ for the BTN coverage. That gives me license to complain!🤬

They executed in the first half, just couldn't make anything, the second half was a nightmare, the shooting didn't improve and they stopped running much of an offense. They really controlled Carr and Mashburn did not have much of a game that day, would have preferred to see more of Williams, his size and athleticism might have caused problems for Wisconsin.

Officiating is really hard, I did it for 10 years at high school level. The bigger the players, the harder it is because your view gets blocked.

Yesterday’s officials were bad. Davison is a cheap shot and flopper. Refs should know that going in.

Pitino needs to coach better and make in game adjustments. No pressing, no zone defense ever. You don’t beat Wisconsin in Madison in a half court game.

Pitino needs to coach better and make in game adjustments. No pressing, no zone defense ever. You don’t beat Wisconsin in Madison in a half court game.
Yeah, they had to figure out how to turn stops into transition opportunities. Especially when the team couldn’t shoot.
I’m sure he was telling them to push it...didn’t work out. On to the next one.

big ten champ probably goes 14-6 or 15-5.

losses are going to happen. Have to move on. Judge the coach at the end.

The team just looked out of sorts to me. Their shooting was terrible and some really poor turnovers. On a positive note the defense was decent, and hopefully the team learned a thing or two.

They also out rebounded Wisc and were again stellar from the FT Line.

Yeah, they had to figure out how to turn stops into transition opportunities. Especially when the team couldn’t shoot.
I’m sure he was telling them to push it...didn’t work out. On to the next one.

big ten champ probably goes 14-6 or 15-5.

losses are going to happen. Have to move on. Judge the coach at the end.

Exactly. More than thrilled going 3-2 in the last 5 games. Cant win games though if cant throw it in the ocean. Long way to go.

Refs are supposed to call the game in a way that favors the Gophers.

😂😂😂😂😂 You can’t make it up.😂😂😂😂😂😂
Don't purposefully act like an idiot just to warp my words. I was saying that the refs were definitely favoring the Badgers with the calls that could go either way. Everyone except you, Badger, and Roland knew that's what I meant and not that I think the refs should be rigging the game in our favor.

Seriously, cmon Scools, your trolling in 2021 is off to a weak start. And the way you spam emojis like a high school girl is fucking stupid by the way.

Officiating is really hard, I did it for 10 years at high school level. The bigger the players, the harder it is because your view gets blocked.

Yesterday’s officials were bad. Davison is a cheap shot and flopper. Refs should know that going in.
For sure. A 7 footer, bent over, throwing shoulders - twice within 3 seconds, is a tough, tough thing to see.

Don't purposefully act like an idiot just to warp my words. I was saying that the refs were definitely favoring the Badgers with the calls that could go either way. Everyone except you, Badger, and Roland knew that's what I meant and not that I think the refs should be rigging the game in our favor.

Seriously, cmon Scools, your trolling in 2021 is off to a weak start. And the way you spam emojis like a high school girl is fucking stupid by the way.
I’ll give you credit your 2021 whining picked up right where it left of from in 2020.

:):):cool::cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::oops::oops::eek::eek:

I knew what you meant. Why think you can read my mind ?

Yes, some refs make bad calls. Not because they are trying to make bad calls, or because they are biased against "your" team.

because refs are humans - watching the game in real time - and they can only call what they see.

I have friends who are registered officials who work HS and College games. they take their job seriously and they try to do their best.

Are some refs more consistent than others? Of course.

Do some refs have tendencies? Of course. and it's up to the players to understand that and adjust.

If ref X calls a moving screen on a play in the 1st half, he's probably going to make the same call later in the game. so the player has to adjust.

And - like it or not - the refs understand the rules better than the fans. "over the back" is not a foul. It does not exist in the rule book. and yet you hear fans at every game yell "over the back" repeatedly. that is the kind of stuff that drives refs nuts - when fans don't understand the rules, but they still scream on every play.

Touchy touchy......
Really does not matter but it is not healthy discussion to pretend someone knows what others think. I can speak for myself. I see your still stalking. Why not stick to opinions toward discussion. Personal attacks are a poor form of communication and learning.

Really does not matter but it is not healthy discussion to pretend someone knows what others think. I can speak for myself. I see your still stalking. Why not stick to opinions toward discussion. Personal attacks are a poor form of communication and learning.
So is missing obvious game plays from the resident gh guru on bb analysis. Your opinions are extremely biased and intentionally omit certain things.
Why not be honest about Davison and Reuvers plays regarding the subject of officials??

So is missing obvious game plays from the resident gh guru on bb analysis. Your opinions are extremely biased and intentionally omit certain things.
Why not be honest about Davison and Reuvers plays regarding the subject of officials??
I see some of the stuff on Davison, things I do not like and I have stated it several times. I see it differently with REUVERS. Just a different opinion.. I follow mseveral teams closely and have my whole life so I take pride in being unbiased. I do not like Bo Ryan but I could see clearly how well he taught basketball. THAT does not mean I condone his off the court things or even the way he berated officials. I see things for what they are. In the last game I see as much aggression called and uncalled for both Robbins and Reuvers.

I knew what you meant. Why think you can read my mind ?
Clearly you didn't since you took what I said literally. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you aren't a troll like Scools though.

Top Bottom