***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I never once mentioned Evans' wingspan.

But you several times mentioned Nolan Winter as a legacy of his father that led us to a Final Four and had an NBA career.
I'll address both of these two completely unrelated observations.

You said ". . we barely mention it." The "it" in this sentence is Evans' wingspan. The "we" is true Gopher fans which in your head means CBJ apologists. I never said you bring up his wingspan. I said it was not true that the CBJ apology tour doesn't bring it up all the time. Why the hell do you think the trolling started? It was a response to another poster, who is a CBJ apologist, bring up Evans' wingspan. You have a ton of truly horrific takes. Honestly, your take on the Gophers being held back by some Illuminati-like force is truly the worst take I've ever read on the internet. However, you haven't been constantly yapping about Evans' wingspan, but I never said you did. Try reading a little closer.

Trevor Winter was a player on our team that went to the Final 4 and he did play in the NBA. I know you hate these things, but they're cold hard facts.

If they go 2-18 vs 18-2 in conference this year, you don't think that has an effect on the attendance next year? Season ticket renewals?
I'll tell you what, if those people cancel their season tickets, even if they've had them for years, they aren't true Gopher fans.

True Gopher fans understand the magnificence of what we are seeing right now. We are building the absolute perfect building blocks for a dominant basketball program. We have a recruit coming in with insane wingspan. We are still like 10-12 spots higher than a team half full of MIAC players in the Kenpom. Our roster isn't bogged down with useless positions, we are truly pointless. What more do you want?!?!?!?!?

If some alleged Gopher fan cancels their tickets now, it's clear they were just in DEEP DEEP cover as Badger fans or St. Thomas fans. There is no other rationale explanation why someone would cancel their season tickets while watching this team.

Also, if any player transferred out of this awesome situation, the only possible explanation is that they got PAID. There is no other reason why any of our underclassmen would transfer out right now. Getting smashed in all of your games, playing out of position without a point guard is the ideal way to develop talent.

Why? Izzo has done really well. Gard, as much as I hate WI and how they play, has done well. When you have a longtime assistant who know's your university, is respected in the community, and you know is capable of the job, why wouldn't you hire them. It's very different hiring someone with no head coaching experience from within than from outside.
I agree with you, within reason.

And I think we can all agree that BJ was no where close to being like Gard.

I'll address both of these two completely unrelated observations.

You said ". . we barely mention it." The "it" in this sentence is Evans' wingspan. The "we" is true Gopher fans which in your head means CBJ apologists. I never said you bring up his wingspan. I said it was not true that the CBJ apology tour doesn't bring it up all the time. Why the hell do you think the trolling started? It was a response to another poster, who is a CBJ apologist, bring up Evans' wingspan. You have a ton of truly horrific takes. Honestly, your take on the Gophers being held back by some Illuminati-like force is truly the worst take I've ever read on the internet. However, you haven't been constantly yapping about Evans' wingspan, but I never said you did. Try reading a little closer.

Trevor Winter was a player on our team that went to the Final 4 and he did play in the NBA. I know you hate these things, but they're cold hard facts.
You take "cold hard facts" and completely spin them out of context.

You guys troll us Gopher fans hard about Evans' wingspan...but none of us said we like him for his wingspan. We like him for being a 5-star.

And yeah, Trevor Winter was on our Final Four team. And yes, the Timberwolves put him in for 5 minutes and 5 fouls to hack-a-Shaq. BUT HE SUCKED.

I'll tell you what, if those people cancel their season tickets, even if they've had them for years, they aren't true Gopher fans.

True Gopher fans understand the magnificence of what we are seeing right now. We are building the absolute perfect building blocks for a dominant basketball program. We have a recruit coming in with insane wingspan. We are still like 10-12 spots higher than a team half full of MIAC players in the Kenpom. Our roster isn't bogged down with useless positions, we are truly pointless. What more do you want?!?!?!?!?

If some alleged Gopher fan cancels their tickets now, it's clear they were just in DEEP DEEP cover as Badger fans or St. Thomas fans. There is no other rationale explanation why someone would cancel their season tickets while watching this team.

Also, if any player transferred out of this awesome situation, the only possible explanation is that they got PAID. There is no other reason why any of our underclassmen would transfer out right now. Getting smashed in all of your games, playing out of position without a point guard is the ideal way to develop talent.
Haskins' bad first 2 years didn't cause the young players to transfer or keep future fans from coming.

I never said they did.
It couldn't have helped recruiting, though. Clem didn't get his first big-time recruit (Ariel McDonald) until after the NCAA runs. Before that, it was settle for guys like Bond, Shik, Lewis and Metcalf and coach them up...which he did.

Haskins' bad first 2 years didn't cause the young players to transfer or keep future fans from coming.
Different era and rules. There were some transfers though. Kelvin Smith, Marlon Maxey and Eric Wilson in the first two years.

You take "cold hard facts" and completely spin them out of context.

You guys troll us Gopher fans hard about Evans' wingspan...but none of us said we like him for his wingspan. We like him for being a 5-star.

And yeah, Trevor Winter was on our Final Four team. And yes, the Timberwolves put him in for 5 minutes and 5 fouls to hack-a-Shaq. BUT HE SUCKED.
Winter was not great.

He had a better season than Isaiah Ihnen ever has. 3.3 and 3.3 were his averages in 15 minutes on a final 4 team.

Not saying you like Ihnen or think he’s important but many fans do. Fun comparison. Thanks for bringing up Trevor. Ran into him the other day. Still really tall.

Different era and rules. There were some transfers though. Kelvin Smith, Marlon Maxey and Eric Wilson in the first two years.
No, it's not so much different...Ben needs to try to do what Clem did.

Many on here keep saying that things are so different...I think it's just an excuse to act-out immediately after every loss. But Ben needs to recruit & develop just like Clem did.

Couldn't take it I had to change the channel.

It depends on what the guy with no experience is taking over. If he is taking over a program in great shape- like Izzo or Gard- that's probably going to go great. If the ship is floundering or sinking, what on earth are you hiring from within for? It is not likely to go well.
If the program is floundering, of course. Never suggested that.

I agree with you, within reason.

And I think we can all agree that BJ was no where close to being like Gard.
Never suggested that. Just countering the “absolute” language of never hiring someone without head coaching experience. Can cite all kinds of examples where that has gone well, and all kinds of examples where hiring someone with head coaching experience did not. You hire a person, and there are all kinds of unique experiences that contribute to their success. In our case, as much as I like Ben as a person, he never had any real experience with a head coach who had built a successful program. Not giving up on him yet though… he’s ours now, so will continue to support him. Stayed to the bitter end of the game last night.

Never suggested that. Just countering the “absolute” language of never hiring someone without head coaching experience. Can cite all kinds of examples where that has gone well, and all kinds of examples where hiring someone with head coaching experience did not. You hire a person, and there are all kinds of unique experiences that contribute to their success. In our case, as much as I like Ben as a person, he never had any real experience with a head coach who had built a successful program. Not giving up on him yet though… he’s ours now, so will continue to support him. Stayed to the bitter end of the game last night.
There are all kinds of examples ... if you're looking everywhere.

My context has been very narrow on the Big Ten -- the top of the food chain. That's the whole point.

If you're in the Summit League, well then of course you can hire someone like that.

Top Bottom