***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I followed the end of the game on my phone. Did Purdue drag out the last minute as painfully long as it appeared on my phone or did the last minute feel closer?

Definitely should of get the team ranked.

I followed the end of the game on my phone. Did Purdue drag out the last minute as painfully long as it appeared on my phone or did the last minute feel closer?

Didn't seem all that long, like the end of so many games.

It's amazing what depth can do for a team! Everybody seemed to step up late despite all the foul trouble. Go Gophers!

Oh it was definitely annoying! That game was over for a while there, but can't blame them tho except the last one down 8 with 7 seconds.

They certainly fouled a couple of times more than necessary, but they've probably seen the 2002 Illinois game.

nah, we're gonna change the culture around the program.

just win baby

Are you going to also change the culture of the Vikings, Twins and Gopher football? They all contribute to it. Would love it if Gopher basketball can be an exception a la 1997.

Such a confidence building win for these guys. Hit the free throws down the stretch.

Great coaching job Pitino. Phenomenal game plan on defense. Liked the two go too's on offense with Mason having the advantage on either PJ (size advantage) or Spike (rust). Also liked the PF 3 pt shots for Eric and Murph. People on here were complaining but i bet they practiced it a lot and Richard felt they could shoot a good percentage and/or keep Swanigan out of the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big time performances from Reggie Lynch, Nate Mason, and Eric Curry.

Win vs Northwestern this week and the barn will be rocking vs OSU.

Ps: what are the chances we are ranked tomorrow?

Nah. It's just decades of Minnesota sports PTSD. You'll learn some day.

I've suffered through many poor Gopher football and basketball teams. I'm just not as jaded as some fans.

Played with a lot of maturity and poise, especially in the overtime. Was thrilled to see that kind of response after the Michigan State game. Hopefully, they can continue that growth against Northwestern.

Ps: what are the chances we are ranked tomorrow?

If we'd beat MSU, 100%. As it is, I'd say slightly less than 50/50. We'd have to move up about 6 spots in a week we lost a game.

That was just plain fun. I was proud of how they played MSU...wasn't expecting that this year. But this!? Wow! Like others I was watching to see how they would lose it but gosh did they learn from MSU. This team is fun to watch and hats off to Pitino. This will be a fun year.

How long til Sparlimb slinks back?

Where was Haas in the second half. Our foul trouble could have been a bigger factor if Painter had played both bigs more.

Where was Haas in the second half. Our foul trouble could have been a bigger factor if Painter had played both bigs more.

You might be right, but Haas was a turnover waiting to happen. Painter just chose not to play him.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a response by this Gopher team to the collapse/meltdown against Michigan State! How long has it been since we've seen something like this? The emotion between the non call on Coffey, the Swanigan travel to tie the game, then McBrayer missing the open look for the game winner...to going to OT and having Curry, Mason, Lynch, and McBrayer all come up with huge moments? Watching that Curry three go in was the best Gopher sports moment in a long, long time.

I bet he is second guessing this as well

Man that is our biggest road win that I can remember. I can't believe it. Super proud of this team!

You might be right, but Haas was a turnover waiting to happen. Painter just chose not to play him.

Yeah I thought Haas was trash in that first half, slow and turning over everything. Got away with some fouls and then an obvious hook a little later. Bet Painter liked the fact of clearing the lane and having Swanigan go one on one against a 4 foul Lynch.

Yeah I thought Haas was trash in that first half, slow and turning over everything. Got away with some fouls and then an obvious hook a little later. Bet Painter liked the fact of clearing the lane and having Swanigan go one on one against a 4 foul Lynch.

I saw KAT called for an offensive foul the other day on that exact same hook that Haas got away with tonight.

Are you going to also change the culture of the Vikings, Twins and Gopher football? They all contribute to it. Would love it if Gopher basketball can be an exception a la 1997.

one step at a time playboy - gophers get first dibs they deserve it the most

I dont think I would say pitino outcoached purdue but this was a well prepared team and well coached game.

I dont think I would say pitino outcoached purdue but this was a well prepared team and well coached game.

Agreed. Pitino needs to learn to stop runs earlier by calling a time outs, and also needs to work the refs more. Allowing Swanigan to get away with everything down low while our guys get called on petty fouls for nearly 2/3rds of the game was atrocious.

Would also agree with many of you that this feels good after such a disappointing loss against MSU. Had they blown this game in OT, their morale may have been completely shot heading to Northwestern. Instead, this was a HUGE resume builder and game changer. They gotta have big confidence in themselves after this road victory.

Awesome game boys!

Someone please tell me when the last time we beat a top 15 team on the road was. Not neutral court games. I can't remember.

EDIT: It was Illinois in 2013 right before we started our collapse in Tubby's last year and I believe Illinois also went on to collapse and prove they were pretenders.

Before that it was @ Indiana in 2012.

Someone please tell me when the last time we beat a top 15 team on the road was. Not neutral court games. I can't remember.

EDIT: It was Illinois in 2013 right before we started our collapse in Tubby's last year and I believe Illinois also went on to collapse and prove they were pretenders.

Before that it was @ Indiana in 2012.

We were #8 when we beat Illinois, FWIW.

Also, great job by Pitino getting the absolute most out of his bigs today. Thought he substituted well.

Top Bottom