***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Also, great job by Pitino getting the absolute most out of his bigs today. Thought he substituted well.

Agreed. The Gopher bigs (and yes I love them) might watch the first 10 minutes of the game and notice Purdues bigs avoided fouling helping them survive a game without fouling out. Yet Minnesota survived without all 4 bigs getting knocked out.

It's amazing how much better a coach is evaluated when he actually has talent and depth to work with. Pitino's paint defense was excellent...took Haas out of the game. Swanigan got his but he had to work for it (and travel for it). If we can just figure out how to keep the top local talent home, this program could really excel. I'm proud of the kids and I bet the plane ride home was an enjoyable one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing how much better a coach is evaluated when he actually has talent and depth to work with. Pitino's paint defense was excellent...took Haas out of the game. Swanigan got his but he had to work for it (and travel for it). If we can just figure out how to keep the top local talent home, this program could really excel. I'm proud of the kids and I bet the plane ride home was an enjoyable one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More wins like this will do it. We won't have to figure anything out about how to keep them home unless a Duke or Kansas comes after someone. I really think Amir has the potential to almost reach Whalen status and that by itself will ensure some of these guys wanting to play for the Gophers.

It's games like this that keep me coming back after all of the gut punches through the years. Might say the same thing about the football team after the bowl game.

SO happy for this team... and Slim Tubby, I bet it was a great flight back to MSP. As Amir continues to figure out the BT - his game will evolve. Let's give him a bit of time. What really looks different from last year, is Dupree. He is becoming a bit of a stud guard. Of course with Reggie in the middle and Murphy shooting jump shots (what?) they are a different team as well. Nate is Nate, all BT at this point. Hope they continue to improve and work very hard as they are so close to being a very good team.

The team is playing with more confidence......not playing scared like they were under a previous coach.

Also the coach doesn't look po'd at the players all the time like a previous coach.

We should be thanking Norwood for putting in the exorbitant buyout in Pitino's contract.

The team is playing with more confidence......not playing scared like they were under a previous coach.

Also the coach doesn't look po'd at the players all the time like a previous coach.

We should be thanking Norwood for putting in the exorbitant buyout in Pitino's contract.

An example of that was McBrayer going down and hitting the 12 footer with 1:30 to go. There was still almost 20 secs left on the shot clock but he felt the freedom to find the shot and take it. I cringed when he put it up but it was a huge shot and in retrospect it's a lot better than going into a shell and play for a shot in the last 5 seconds of the shot clock and then forcing up a prayer.

Top Bottom