***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT OSU IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Hit a prayer 3 pointer to sneak by a 2-5 team.

Will take it though.
They were 10-1 at home and we were 0-6 on the road (I think don't quote me). Yes I will take that!

How cruel is it that Carr wasn't available last year? We would have been so good....

It was nice to see Ihnen get some minutes. Hopefully he keeps developing to add some depth to the bench. Gotta have a good crowd on Sunday and make some noise!

It was nice to see Ihnen get some minutes. Hopefully he keeps developing to add some depth to the bench. Gotta have a good crowd on Sunday and make some noise!
A win like this should put some extra people in the seats for the MSU game!! Need to pack the Barn out.

Nice move by Pitino not calling time out. Huge play.

I still have nightmares about tubby calling TO with roughly second left split second before we drained 3 for win, ended up not even getting shot off

To be fair, there will be a few people who won't post in this thread.
For sure.
Not sure why, especially since I don’t frequent the board as much any more but eg#9 going totally negative on gopher hoops bothers me.

He used to be my favorite poster post basketball games and would get a very fair synopsis of what happened, win or loss. Last year or so has been very very negative on all things hoops.

edit: spacing

Last edited:

Nah, we EARNED that win. We were down 9 at half. We played very solid in the second half. And we hit TWO absolutely CLUTCH shots in the final minute. That's a victory we deserved.

Well, for once, I agree with you.

Great win. Anytime you win on the road this year (except for maybe Northwestern) in the Big Ten, you have really accomplished something. The top two came through again and Gabe helped a lot tonight.

I am fatigued after 6+ years of watching Pitino teams that are so heavily dependent on their stars and chronically lacking in enough quality supporting players but I have to admit that this season may be Pitino's best coaching performance of his tenure here. He's got the guys playing consistently tough defense and he deserves credit for that.

Excellent win. Team showed a lot of heart to fight back. OSU packed it in around Oturu. Need to hit outside shots and make them pay.

Couldn’t watch the game tonight due to life commitments. Followed the gamecast and Twitter.

Reading this thread was a wild damn ride.

This team is fun to watch. After their slow start, even with a tough schedule, that they would hang in there like they are. Impressive. Beat MSU and we could have something going on here.

This team (and Carr especially) remind me of the scene from Dumb and Dumber....Just when I think you couldn't possibly have been any dumber you do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Talk about some high highs and low lows, but great win tonight.

Also to the poster on page 1 "Xavier Rhodes is down again " AMAZING ha. Oturu is awesome but he does pull the "look like I'm going to die, only to be back in 30 seconds later" a time or 2 a game ?

The Buckeyes will finish .500 or better in the Big Ten. They have talent and a good coach, they will put it back together.
Given how hard it is to win on the road, that will take some doing from 2-6. But they can go 9-11 and still be a tournament team because of their non-conference.

I still have nightmares about tubby calling TO with roughly second left split second before we drained 3 for win, ended up not even getting shot off
I remember that one. I can't recall a single time Tubby called TO in that spot and we came out and scored. I can't recall one for Pitino either, but that's why it was smart of him to let them go.

Carr's overdribbling and ball dominance still drives me crazy, but he's delivering results. He has cut down on his mistakes. The team is very reliant on him. He sat for a couple of minutes when he picked his fourth foul with 4-5 minutes left and the offense immediately went out of sync. The team will live and die with him this year.

Glad to see that Ihnen got a few minutes last night--out of necessity. He's very raw and doesn't know where he's supposed to be on the floor, but you can see that he has talent.

It's unfortunate that Hurt stays on the bench as a senior, but that's where he needs to be. The game is played at a speed beyond his capability.

Great win last night. The refs mostly let them play in the second half which meant that there weren't any "are you kidding me" home cooking calls that I can recall. This team plays better defense than any of the previous Pitino teams, without much depth.

I remember that one. I can't recall a single time Tubby called TO in that spot and we came out and scored. I can't recall one for Pitino either, but that's why it was smart of him to let them go.
I was all set for the TO. Obviously glad it didn't happen.

Do you think Pitino would have called it if they were down a point or two?

Uhh, I'd say Carr is playing pretty good offense this final 90 seconds.
Seriously, this team (I hope) is learning how to win. The experiences earlier in the season--especially the Purdue game: you can get discouraged or you can learn from them. I see this team growing.

I thought Willis did a nice job running things after Carr went out with his fourth. The team at least treaded water. I hope Richard can trust him or Greenlee to give Marcus more breaks from now on.

Top Bottom