***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stephens may be the guy who has surprised me the most this season. He's got some talent - and wacky hair.

I’d rather watch Ramberg, Thompson, Thiam, Battle, and Sutherlin than this crew. I don’t care how they play. I’d be happier either way.

What's your problem? I meant I hope they lose the game because of it.
I get it. They have 6 conf wins. This game doesn’t matter. A bit.
BJ better queue up that video of the big ten post game crew talking about how recruits should want to play for him, because I’m not sure he’s got much else on tape to sell.
Culture sells.

Surprising start to the year, still end DFL in the big ten *sigh*. I guess some have accepted being last is ok, those people can't say we exceeded our preseason expectations now. Logging off, this is too depressing, especially after watching Nebraska play like they have the last 2 weeks. Not sure I can handle too many more weakling Wednesdays

Surprising start to the year, still end DFL in the big ten *sigh*. I guess some have accepted being last is ok, those people can't say we exceeded our preseason expectations now. Logging off, this is too depressing, especially after watching Nebraska play like they have the last 2 weeks. Not sure I can handle too many more weakling Wednesdays
Stay away from ledges and balconies.

Offensive ReboundsMN 1NU 6
Second Chance PointsMN 0NU 13

If your preseason expectations were .500 in non-conference and maybe a couple conference wins if we're lucky, which I'm pretty sure it was for some, then we did still exceed expectations.

Team Stats
Game Stats
Minnesota
Northwestern
Points2646
FG9-2617-36
FG%34.647.2
3P2-77-14
3P%28.650.0
FT6-85-6
FT%75.083.3
Rebounds1424
Offensive Rebounds16
Defensive Rebounds1318
Ties00
Lead Changes22
Time with Lead0:2119:19
Lead % of Game1.896.6
Last Lead3-2
Last Lead: Time16:58 (1st)
Largest Lead121
Largest Lead: Score3-241-20
Largest Lead: Time17:19 (1st)3:36 (1st)
Assists611
Turnovers52
Bench Points027
Blocks30
On Court Points2626
Fastbreak Points62
Steals03
Points off Turnovers07
Points in the Paint816
Second Chance Points013
Personal Fouls59
Technical Fouls00
Possessions3434

If your preseason expectations were .500 in non-conference and maybe a couple conference wins if we're lucky, which I'm pretty sure it was for some, then we did still exceed expectations.
I guess we should all be happy then. Call it a success.

I like these northwestern senior designed jerseys. I’ll be honest.

I feel like the team has not got better this year. Just my opinion.

Serious question. Being a calm/cool headed coach 24/7 seems good on the surface, but as an athlete, would you ever need your coach to show some passion? Im not saying anger, but something? Im not watching the game so Im not referring to anytbing ive seen, just thinking if youre trying to motivate a tired, exhausted team…i would take the guy from 300 over (insert a calm never yelling leader)

This is a well below expectations game. How do they end up this mentally out of it?

Don't forget, we did win the Asheville Championship. So season won't be a complete dissapointment.

Hey, the end of the season has been very disappointing. And I think that means the leash on Johnson is a little shorter next year. He has to show that his system will work with better players or more talent.

I'm not saying his job is on the line next year, but I do think there needs to be some signs of progress.

Top Bottom