***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Are u serious?....He really didn't blame injuries on losing to Northwestern and Nebraska, did he?
I mean he gave the "I don't want to blame injuries" before he blamed the injuries. Talked about how it effects the defense, they would have blocked more shots, etc.

What is Pitino going to say? I can’t coach?

I mean he gave the "I don't want to blame injuries" before he blamed the injuries. Talked about how it effects the defense, they would have blocked more shots, etc.
Posters on here ask me why I have wanted Pitino gone for so long.....He never takes responsibility on how putrid these guys are fundamentally on defense and offense.....It's simple things the entire team can get better at...So if you do have injuries, bench players can step up.....He has refused to build a bench during his time here.

I'm saying he would likely play PG instead of 2 guard next year. Either way, his D needs to get better.

Yeah, true. But he doesn’t even stay in front of guys well so guarding a PG has issues too.

Good for a coach like Hoiberg or Musselman. Not sure of Dutcher’s transfer record.

There could be over a 1,000 transfers on the market this spring and summer. I think there will be enough for a Minnesota coach.

There could be over a 1,000 transfers on the market this spring and summer. I think there will be enough for a Minnesota coach.
Need someone who can bring them together though.

He is a shitty defender regardless of age. I still want him but its insane to act like he is really special.
Gabe is constantly called out as a bad player yet as a freshman he’d go D up Carsen Edward’s one-on-one to win a tournament game ... being a freshman is no excuse for being this bad on D

Agreed. But I don’t think a lot of them want to come here.

Few notes. Someone asked about Dutcher and transfers, last year his stacked team had 3 of them up top, he'd be fine. Next, it's not a lock we would be better next year but again, this is not the 1980s where you need 4 years to get "your guys" and build a team. Most teams now are transfers and freshman. Michigan has transfers and Dickinson, Baylor has transfers, Musselman has a ton. You can build a new roster quickly and effectively in 2021.

Also, I HATE when the Gophers lose, but I do like being right, so since I told a few people we should wager on these games because we needed to see them play out we are 1-4 SU 0-5 VS the spread, but funny WriterGoph seems to be gone now that he was totally wrong.

Posters on here ask me why I have wanted Pitino gone for so long.....He never takes responsibility on how putrid these guys are fundamentally on defense and offense.....It's simple things the entire team can get better at...So if you do have injuries, bench players can step up.....He has refused to build a bench during his time here.

I've disliked Pitino (and wished we had another coach) since his second year here. I think the guy has multiple issues (stubborn, inflexible, and very insecure (which is understandable considering his lack of accomplishments and the fact that he never played the game at a high level either). Frankly, I also don't think he's the brightest bulb in the world and he's too insecure to admit that he needs help from people who have more talent and experience at this than him.

Few notes. Someone asked about Dutcher and transfers, last year his stacked team had 3 of them up top, he'd be fine. Next, it's not a lock we would be better next year but again, this is not the 1980s where you need 4 years to get "your guys" and build a team. Most teams now are transfers and freshman. Michigan has transfers and Dickinson, Baylor has transfers, Musselman has a ton. You can build a new roster quickly and effectively in 2021.

Also, I HATE when the Gophers lose, but I do like being right, so since I told a few people we should wager on these games because we needed to see them play out we are 1-4 SU 0-5 VS the spread, but funny WriterGoph seems to be gone now that he was totally wrong.
He is a tool.....He was thrilled when Pitino was retained last year and posters like myself were bummed saying it would set the program back another year.....I wonder who was right?

Totally disagree that this is a bad roster. This roster is solid. Not getting the most out of any of these guys besides Carr. No reason Johnson shouldn’t be taking 10+ shots every night. Ihnen strictly shoots 3s nowadays. Tre Williams should only be attacking, not shooting 3s. You’re supposed to have guys do what they’re good at, not let em do whatever they want.
Johnson doesn't get many touches in this offense. The dribblers- Mashburn, Carr- get all the shots. Even Gach who also likes dribbling- got off 8 shots.

Johnson doesn't get many touches in this offense. The dribblers- Mashburn, Carr- get all the shots. Even Gach who also likes dribbling- got off 8 shots.
You’re absolutely right ... sad

I've disliked Pitino (and wished we had another coach) since his second year here. I think the guy has multiple issues (stubborn, inflexible, and very insecure (which is understandable considering his lack of accomplishments and the fact that he never played the game at a high level either). Frankly, I also don't think he's the brightest bulb in the world and he's too insecure to admit that he needs help from people who have more talent and experience at this than him.
The insecurity leads to excuse making and denial....A lot of posters have said they like his personality....I have always been turned off by the lack of honesty on his own abilities to recruit and coach.

He is a shitty defender regardless of age. I still want him but its insane to act like he is really special.
He is a freshmen. Good grief. He showed more promise that the rest of the team combined. Could he play much better defense? Of course - which one of MN players could you NOT say that about?

He is the kind of kid I want here for another few years.

Totally disagree that this is a bad roster. This roster is solid. Not getting the most out of any of these guys besides Carr. No reason Johnson shouldn’t be taking 10+ shots every night. Ihnen strictly shoots 3s nowadays. Tre Williams should only be attacking, not shooting 3s. You’re supposed to have guys do what they’re good at, not let em do whatever they want.
I had this exact thought as I was watching Both and Isaiah flail around tonight: let's figure out what guys can do and have them do it. These guys are not without talent. We've seen them make plays against good competition.

The insecurity leads to excuse making and denial....A lot of posters have said they like his personality....I have always been turned off by the lack of honesty on his own abilities to recruit and coach.

I don't care much for his personality. He may have the gift of gab but I've seen enough to believe he's a prick beneath the veneer. As far as his recruiting, it's not great but I agree with what Bad Gopher once said that his recruiting has been a little better than one might expect given his record.

He is a freshmen. Good grief. He showed more promise that the rest of the team combined. Could he play much better defense? Of course - which one of MN players could you NOT say that about?

He is the kind of kid I want here for another few years.

Did you read where I wrote “I still want him”? Or was that unclear?
People on here talking like he’d start for nearly every team in the country. It simply isn’t true.

Did you read where I wrote “I still want him”? Or was that unclear?
People on here talking like he’d start for nearly every team in the country. It simply isn’t true.
I agree, he’s good ... fine on offense ... terrible on defense ... before saying he’s better or more promising than anyone else he has a lot to improve

I don't care much for his personality. He may have the gift of gab but I've seen enough to believe he's a prick beneath the veneer. As far as his recruiting, it's not great but I agree with what Bad Gopher once said that his recruiting has been a little better than one might expect given his record.
His dad is a massive prick, albeit a lot more successful.....His first couple seasons he coached like he had something to prove....He never proved it here so he came up with excuses that didn't include himself why he should still be retained.

This is at least the 3rd major streak broken against a Pitino coached team. Rutgers years ago, and now Northwestern and Nebraska in back to back games. To give a team their first home victory over a major conference opponent in over a year while getting FORTY points from your best player is quite the accomplishment.

Normally, I don't feel bad for Marcus but I feel terrible for him tonight. He not only scored all those points, but he took charges, he set up guys for absolute bunnies that they couldn't convert, he played all 40 minutes...he probably sold popcorn at halftime too.

Not that anyone else was good, but Tre Williams was particularly awful. I've seen enough of Williams, Freeman, and Ihnen. I'd like to see Brandon, Liam, Gabe, and Jamal back next year. I am nowhere near as high on Jamal as some here. He gets abused on defense and isn't a natural point. He doesn't have elite athleticism and isn't a great shooter. I think he can be a piece on a good team, but expecting him to be Nate Mason or Marcus Carr, I just don't see that happening.
Isn't Johnson a redshirt senior as a grad transfer already? He won't be back.

Top Bottom