***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

And that is exactly what they do.

I said to run a 1-4 low. Don’t allow them to double Carr. Just attack repeatedly and pass if someone is open. Pitino has never run anything besides the stupid weave or a poorly placed PnR

Can he transfer again without sitting out though? I don't see him going NBA yet.

Anyone can transfer. He got a waiver for this year.Free transfer next year. Has two years left. A ton of teams would love to have him.

Didn't Mutaff sign a pro contract overseas? Maybe he just didn't want to play college basketball in the USA that much.
yes he did. College in the US sounds good until you have to isolate and take all of your classes on-line. And no early playing time to keep him engaged. lots of things we don't know about the situation i am guessing

Anyone can transfer. He got a waiver for this year.Free transfer next year. Has two years left. A ton of teams would love to have him.
I'm not sure they've clarified if you get a 2nd one if you already got one waiver, But yeah, in that case, he's probably gone, but it depends who the coach is.

At this point, I hope about four or five guys transfer out. I'd rather the new coach go to the transfer market. Don't want to see Robbins transfer, of course.
Good for a coach like Hoiberg or Musselman. Not sure of Dutcher’s transfer record.

This is at least the 3rd major streak broken against a Pitino coached team. Rutgers years ago, and now Northwestern and Nebraska in back to back games. To give a team their first home victory over a major conference opponent in over a year while getting FORTY points from your best player is quite the accomplishment.

Normally, I don't feel bad for Marcus but I feel terrible for him tonight. He not only scored all those points, but he took charges, he set up guys for absolute bunnies that they couldn't convert, he played all 40 minutes...he probably sold popcorn at halftime too.

Not that anyone else was good, but Tre Williams was particularly awful. I've seen enough of Williams, Freeman, and Ihnen. I'd like to see Brandon, Liam, Gabe, and Jamal back next year. I am nowhere near as high on Jamal as some here. He gets abused on defense and isn't a natural point. He doesn't have elite athleticism and isn't a great shooter. I think he can be a piece on a good team, but expecting him to be Nate Mason or Marcus Carr, I just don't see that happening.

Totally disagree that this is a bad roster. This roster is solid. Not getting the most out of any of these guys besides Carr. No reason Johnson shouldn’t be taking 10+ shots every night. Ihnen strictly shoots 3s nowadays. Tre Williams should only be attacking, not shooting 3s. You’re supposed to have guys do what they’re good at, not let em do whatever they want.

If ever there was a year to start over, it's next year. It will be the wild west. 5th/6th year seniors who want to play and need a roster spot, etc. We have zero idea what the roster will look like or how good/bad it will be. If Mash and Robbins stay, that's a base.
Reuvers, Davison and Wright coming home to play for the Gophers would be funny. The message board would be hopping.

Imagine if Carr had other legit guards.
[/QUOTE
If ever there was a year to start over, it's next year. It will be the wild west. 5th/6th year seniors who want to play and need a roster spot, etc. We have zero idea what the roster will look like or how good/bad it will be. If Mash and Robbins stay, that's a base.
Did you watch Mash these last 2 games? He was seriously exposed on D ...
I agree. These players just cant be this bad. I have to believe coaching plays a large part in the deficiencies here.
This is a team that doesn’t respect their coach

Carr had a great game, but this team doesn't share the ball well. Guys missing shots. Bad shots taken. It's just a mess.

If you go on a couple minute scoring drought, can you not work it for an easy inside shot with some passing?

Tubby ball was frustrating because it seemed like the offense had no plan and they'd eat up the shot clock.
This team will take the shot, but at some point you need to make some shots or quick taking them and get the ball inside where someone can get a layup.

Did you watch Mash these last 2 games? He was seriously exposed on D ...

This is a team that doesn’t respect their coach
So you don't want him on the team next year? I do.

I don’t feel sorry for Carr. It’s basketball and a shot needs to be taken every 30 second regardless of who it is. He gets so much more leash than all the other players do because Richard has no one and I mean no one else who can contribute.

I am not so sure that Carr’s teammates like the hero ball all second half tonight. Granted they didn’t provide much but here were opportunities for Carr to distribute and he did not.

100% at your average high school bball team i get it. Not when you're on a team where he has "supposedly" equally talented teammates (star ratings)

What a frustrating waste of two of the better players we have had here in awhile in Carr and Oturu.

I agree with those that believe the whole isn't as good as the sum of its part on this team. Not Big Ten title worthy but we should have seen more (some?) from Ihnen/Williams/Gach/Freeman/Mitchell/Omersa this year.

Pitino Postgame: Carr is great. Injuries, injuries.

Yes I do, but he has a lot to do on defense. I don’t cart if you score 12 and give up 15 ... he’s been bad on D for a long time
He's playing out of position trying to guard bigger players quite often.

He's playing out of position trying to guard bigger players quite often.

And the guys he plays against next year will be bigger than him. And the year after. And the year after.

Top Bottom