***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

They are fun to watch. Good athletes, depth, and they looked well coached tonight - moved the ball, good defense. We will see where they go. There is potential with strength inside - Payne looked great in second half defensively - and getting good perimeter play.

Petition to please start Payne from now on. Imagine the teams in his ear in the portal.

This is the first game in the Ben Johnson Era where they looked comfortable as winners. They look well-coached, talented, balanced, resilient, and like they were having fun.

I know that Michigan is not the greatest team right now but any win on the road during the season is worth celebrating. Enjoy it guys - it has been a long couple of years.

The Hawkins drive and dish to JOJ for the dunk that was our last bucket felt like something we haven't seen from a PG at Minnesota in a long, long time. We've had guys make plays off the bounce for themselves in late game situations, but not somebody who made plays for someone else. Payne also had a man sized offensive board late where he went up and over a Michigan player to get us another attempt which lead to a basket. Would be tough to pick an MVP from this game as Mitchell, Garcia, Payne, and Hawkins kind of took turns being the most important Gopher on the floor which was nice to see.

For the love of god, can we have a Minnesota team (Vikings, Wolves, Gophers FB, Gophers BB) that doesn't routinely choke at the end of games? We absolutely refused to corrall a defensive rebound in the last minute or two and then Christie has the terrible turnover and Hawkins misses the front end of the one and one. I am sure everyone who watches Minnesota sports expected that wide open 3 to go in for Michigan to steal this one.

One must never meantion or discuss the Missouri game, kind of like Fight Club.
Wasn't the Missouri game when Hawkins was benched for being completely out of control, and we all complained about him not being in at the end?

Well, I think it's paid dividends. He has not been that wild since. Of course, he maybe hasn't seen that kind of defense since then either.

This is the first game in the Ben Johnson Era where they looked comfortable as winners. They look well-coached, talented, balanced, resilient, and like they were having fun.

I know that Michigan is not the greatest team right now but any win on the road during the season is worth celebrating. Enjoy it guys - it has been a long couple of years.

Michigan might have a poor record for their stature but it's obvious that they have their fair share of talent. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that McDaniel came into this game averaging 19 points per game and scored 9 tonight.

I agree, but Payne was a beast as well.

Great sign when two guys who we depend on offensively - Garcia and Christie, go 6-22 and the Gophers are able to still generate enough offense to win.
Christie looked like a freshman out there tonight for stretches, however, I can't imagine a better set of teachable moments coming out of a W. He will only get better!

Mitchell and the Hawk have really adjusted their game the past month. Gotta give Ben and staff credit for that as well.

They found their sea legs and Garcia's absence helped them. Now they are more likely to take the lead when he is in the game.

This is my kool-aid game. Going into Breslin is never easy, especially an angry Michigan team that wants to win. Win this game, and I'll grab a couple cups of CBJ Kool-aid. I have a gut feeling they lose this badly. Minnesota sports makes me feel too cautious. Finally started feeling good about the TWolves and they lost 2 in a row. That being said, one of my best college friends is a huge Michigan fan and I would love if we grabbed a win in their home. SUM GG
Drink up!! Oh Yeah!!

The Hawkins drive and dish to JOJ for the dunk that was our last bucket felt like something we haven't seen from a PG at Minnesota in a long, long time. We've had guys make plays off the bounce for themselves in late game situations, but not somebody who made plays for someone else. Payne also had a man sized offensive board late where he went up and over a Michigan player to get us another attempt which lead to a basket. Would be tough to pick an MVP from this game as Mitchell, Garcia, Payne, and Hawkins kind of took turns being the most important Gopher on the floor which was nice to see.

For the love of god, can we have a Minnesota team (Vikings, Wolves, Gophers FB, Gophers BB) that doesn't routinely choke at the end of games? We absolutely refused to corrall a defensive rebound in the last minute or two and then Christie has the terrible turnover and Hawkins misses the front end of the one and one. I am sure everyone who watches Minnesota sports expected that wide open 3 to go in for Michigan to steal this one.
No offense, but the “Minnesota” stuff gets weary. They just won on the road against some rough reffing.

Top Bottom