***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I like him off the bench for now....worry if he starts he could possibly pick up two early fouls. Plenty of playing time to go around for all. He can light up some of the backups when he first comes off the bench. This group hopefully have a strong year this year and all back next year!
The only problem with him off the bench is that we are noticeably better when he is on the court. So we can be prone to some sluggish starts.

While watching Peacock, don't think they ever went back over and showed why Payne got a T. Anyone happen to see it or what exactly happened?

While watching Peacock, don't think they ever went back over and showed why Payne got a T. Anyone happen to see it or what exactly happened?
Speaking of Peacock, no matter what network employs Bardo, he is uniformly terrible. I'd rather have the B1G+ college kids remote studio announcers. Even though he was courtside, there was no possible way he would be able to explain what happened with Payne to his audience. He did let us know that Ed Reed Jr. was a "real load" a few times.

Of all the games to have a social engagement in the evening and not able to watch a single minute of it! I've never replayed a full game after the fact, but I might have to break with that practice. As I was following the game on my phone throughout our night out, it was clear that it was a barn burner of a game!

What does this mean? Obviously Michigan has been sagging, so it's not surprising they'd lose this game, but from all accounts, the Gophers played well. Worth noting that the Gophs beat the Wolverines pretty good at home in Pitino's last year, and it went sideways not long thereafter, and Michigan improved. Of course that's why we play 20-game seasons. One way or another, this is way more fun than we've had in these parts in a while.

Yeah my bad. Been a long week. College classes started back up right after new years for me
No worries at all. That is why I put nevermind. You addressed it already. If I had a nickel for every such mistake...;)

I re-watched it and he must have said something after Mitchell hit the three. Either to the Michigan bench or to the ref as he was running back on defense. Dang, didn't seem like there was much more time than to say one or two words.

I thought he could have gotten a flagrant on this play too, although a still shot of it looks much more egregious than even slow motion of the play. He did commit that foul on purpose and out of frustration IMO.
The refs took significantly longer to review the obvious air ball by McDaniel than the foul by Tschetter.

I re-watched it and he must have said something after Mitchell hit the three. Either to the Michigan bench or to the ref as he was running back on defense. Dang, didn't seem like there was much more time than to say one or two words.
With a judicious use of words, one or two can get you teed.

Great effort by the guys last night. Could see in their eyes they really wanted it and, this year, they have the players and experience to win some games. Continued growth this year could set the team up for a special season next year if everyone returns outside the graduating seniors.

Look at this. I'm back. The guy who got banned for a season for being too positive about the Gophers and Ben Johnson has been released from purgatory!!!

The only concern I have is that we are playing at Crisler and not at home. However, I don't think there will be a large student section at Ann Arbor and there is hardly any chance the Wolverines shoot as well as they did last year in the Barn.
This is a payback game for last year's bitch slap. The boys are going to come into Crisler and put a beatdown on Mr Howard and his team. He is going to be looking to punch people after having the Payne dominate down low and having Mitchell, Howard, and Christie lighting it up from downtown. JOJ is going to go all Rodney Williams on the boards. Garcia is going to reek havoc from inside and out. Carrington will eliminate their best scorer from getting more than a handful of points. Chalk this game up as a 20 point blowout for our mighty Golden Gophers.

All the piss ants who whined about my positivity can suck it!

Ski-U-Mah you hosers!!!
So I missed on the 20 point blowout and I forgot to talk about Mitchell and Hawkins who are presently playing great basketball for us. I note that Garcia and Christie didn't have great games, but Payne and JOJ were very good. And, Carrington (and crew) once again locks down the main opponents big scorer.
It was fun to watch those two heavy weights in Reed and Payne go toe to toe on the blocks. If both stay at their respective schools, that matchup will be fun for the next couple years. Two studs roaming the paint.
Next up, Maryland. A home game that we need to win. Let's get the Barn rocking and send the turtles home with their heads and tails tucked up into their shells.

Generally not as appreciative of Fox as most, but he gave 4 good first half minutes last night. Had a few good plays and had to bang with Reed, who outweighs him by 50 lbs. Held the fort.

Generally not as appreciative of Fox as most, but he gave 4 good first half minutes last night. Had a few good plays and had to bang with Reed, who outweighs him by 50 lbs. Held the fort.
Four to ten minutes of serviceable play has Fox exceeding my expectations. He has the heart, and if he stays in his lane he will be a valuable lower minute contributor to the squad.

He is Michigan’s Brad Davison. Annoying.
I finally got a chance to watch the compressed game on BTN+. Beautiful game with great plays on both sides. I have to admit that half the fun is sticking it to that turd Tschetter. I'm glad he's not on my team.

I have Peacock, but had to do a show last night, so was planning on seeing the game as a replay, and staying up way too late.

Peacock really sucks. Replays were horsesh*t and often not even shown, but that’s not my biggest beef.

Replaying the game wasn’t available until 11pm. About 45 minutes after the game ended. The interface suuuucks, and there are unskippable commercials. I tried to fast forward some portions, and missed critical time since you don’t see what is being broadcast, just by guessing at the time that has expired on the timeline on the scrub bar, which moves really fast. So I just defaulted to watching it without the benefit of being able to control it at all. I fast forwarded halftime, and stopped it after 12 minutes and it jumped to about 5 minutes into the 2nd half, so I had to go back and just wait.

I‘ll often walk my dog at the kickoff of a Vikings game, and have it recorded (regular broadcast channel on Comcast), so I start the game about an hour after kickoff. When I sit down to watch the game, it is really easy to fast forward through commercials and halftime because you can see it play, like hitting fast forward on old VHS tapes. Near the end of the game, I’m just about timed up right.

I have Peacock, but had to do a show last night, so was planning on seeing the game as a replay, and staying up way too late.

Peacock really sucks. Replays were horsesh*t and often not even shown, but that’s not my biggest beef.

Replaying the game wasn’t available until 11pm. About 45 minutes after the game ended. The interface suuuucks, and there are unskippable commercials. I tried to fast forward some portions, and missed critical time since you don’t see what is being broadcast, just by guessing at the time that has expired on the timeline on the scrub bar, which moves really fast. So I just defaulted to watching it without the benefit of being able to control it at all. I fast forwarded halftime, and stopped it after 12 minutes and it jumped to about 5 minutes into the 2nd half, so I had to go back and just wait.

I‘ll often walk my dog at the kickoff of a Vikings game, and have it recorded (regular broadcast channel on Comcast), so I start the game about an hour after kickoff. When I sit down to watch the game, it is really easy to fast forward through commercials and halftime because you can see it play, like hitting fast forward on old VHS tapes. Near the end of the game, I’m just about timed up right.
The interface is terrible, but if you start the game while it’s still being broadcast, you can skip through all the commercials and breaks, just like you did with the Vikings game.

What’s also ridiculous is you can’t “start from the beginning” on something that’s in progress. I had to mute it, pause it, avoid seeing the score, and rewind to the beginning.

Top Bottom