***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

PJ.

"We're going to learn from it.
Last year we were on the other side of it.
Didn't deserve to win.
Made way too many mistakes.
Had chance to win the game and didn't do it.
Congrats Maryland.

JG asks about going for 2.
No thought of going for 2.
We were going to get the ball back and put pressure on MD.

Weren't executing on third down.

Really youthful on d.
Really inexperienced.
Not able to track down their athletes.

We addressed tackling this week.
It's either scheme, fundamentals, or players.

It's a new year. New challenges.
We fought and fought and fought.
Proud of the fight. Not proud of the result.

Remember the Illinois game 2 years ago? They made our defense look like....this.

I wouldnt be surprised if we beat Illinois,but I also wouldn’t be surprised if we choke on our own vomit again and they beat us.

For ever
PJ.

"We're going to learn from it.
Last year we were on the other side of it.
Didn't deserve to win.
Made way too many mistakes.
Had chance to win the game and didn't do it.
Congrats Maryland.

JG asks about going for 2.
No thought of going for 2.
We were going to get the ball back and put pressure on MD.

Weren't executing on third down.

Really youthful on d.
Really inexperienced.
Not able to track down their athletes.

We addressed tackling this week.
It's either scheme, fundamentals, or players.

It's a new year. New challenges.
We fought and fought and fought.
Proud of the fight. Not proud of the result.

Someone should tell Fleck that Sid passed away. He and a few guys on this board were the only ones that bought the "we are young" bit without question.

Extend Fleck now. Likely would take a pay cut if you added a few years and doubled the buyout.

Does PJ know we have a D1 soccer team that has plenty of guys that can punt a football?

For ever

Someone should tell Fleck that Sid passed away. He and a few guys on this board were the only ones that bought the "we are young" bit without question.

When is a offense or defense young or old?
This seems to be a frequent argument.
Our offense was young, but I don't think it is anymore.

Defense, obviously in question.

For ever

Right now Sid is looking down assured he must be in hell.

If he really learns from it then we won’t put games in the hands of our defense or our kickers whenever possible for the rest of this miserable season.

Sooooooo you wanna chat still or ???? I’m a diehard gopher fan but if you watched the Michigan game you had to realize there are some major fucking issues.

Don't take so much joy in being right. It's still a loss for both of us. I didn't expect us to be that bad on D again. Brutal

Every person on this board was saying go for 2. Every person we were texting with was saying go for 2. Everyone in the world knows you HAVE to go for 2 with this defense. What do we do? Trot out the backup kicker coming off hernia surgery so he can miss the XP. It's just inexcusable. This was an absolute embarrassment...there's just no two ways about it.
Post of the day

If he really learns from it then we won’t put games in the hands of our defense or our kickers whenever possible for the rest of this miserable season.
That’s what I thought last year when we punted from our opponents 37 yard line. But no, apparently he didn’t learn.

Don't take so much joy in being right. It's still a loss for both of us. I didn't expect us to be that bad on D again. Brutal

It isn’t joy. You being condescending started it. I prefer to watch my favorite team win. But unlike this message board I was realistic. The gophers under PJ struggle early in the year against bad teams. Tonight they finally lost one of them.

We are now 0-2 in the COVID championship season. I asked the question much earlier in the game and I’ll ask it again: who does this team win against?
Illinois, Purdue, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Northwestern can all score a lot and Iowa is always tough. Gophers might go 1-7 or 0-8 if they don't drastically improve. Fire the OC at once and the DC later.

It isn’t joy. You being condescending started it. I prefer to watch my favorite team win. But unlike this message board I was realistic. The gophers under PJ struggle early in the year against bad teams. Tonight they finally lost one of them.
It's not just that they lost - they gave up almost 700 yards! Also, now 49 pasted on them by Michigan, 45 by Maryland - beginning to look like Salem's final years when he ran out of the players recruited by Cal Stoll.

Remember the Illinois game 2 years ago? They made our defense look like....this.
That was the game that finally got Robb Smith fired.

So we still have several Rossi disasters to go.

To me there’s a reason already why Sanford hasn’t been successful elsewhere.
Is it similar to why Robb Smith hasn't been successful anywhere he's been?

Would be something if the #7 v #7 crossover game is Minn vs Rutgers. Rossi vs Smith. Over/Under at 120.

Though will be really interesting to see how Rutgers, Mich St, and Maryland end up in the bottom three of the East this year. I actually wonder if Mich St is going to hit rock bottom.

Top Bottom