***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA STATE NIT IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

ISU is just a much better basketball team. Fundamentally sound and play a team game. What is painful is to be so painfully exposed as to how far our team needs to progress with just basic fundamentals - let the off season banter begin but Ben needs to be a better coach and not sure he can get there - the ISU coach showed how far Ben is in over his head

That's just it. People think somehow it's going to magically improve enough to matter.
Johnson sucks. Outside of unsustainable 3 ot hot streaks, his teams play well below their talent level.
He's gonna get fired. Now, next March, January 2025, it's inevitable. Just a matter of time.
Yes. He's elevated the talent level from awful (which was on him) to mediocre. But he has shown zero ability to coach it up from mediocre to good. And he's not suddenly going to figure it out now. The odds of retaining all five starters are low, so where's this improvement next year going to come from? If we lose more than one starter it's likely a dead coach walking situation. That's no good for anyone.

Not a BB guy but it seems like free throws should be a gimme.

I know the pros miss them too.

Box score is closer than I thought it would be

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324_150806_CBS Sports.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_150806_CBS Sports.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 10

Been hanging out with PJ (Not playing the bench while being blown out)

Yes. He's elevated the talent level from awful (which was on him) to mediocre. But he has shown zero ability to coach it up from mediocre to good. And he's not suddenly going to figure it out now. The odds of retaining all five starters are low, so where's this improvement next year going to come from? If we lose more than one starter it's likely a dead coach walking situation. That's no good for anyone.
Said it before but I think mediocre is the ceiling for Ben

Said it before but I think mediocre is the ceiling for Ben
This season could well be the peak. We fired Tubby after making 2nd round of the NCAA's as a double digit seed not because that season was unacceptable on its own, but because it was obvious from the recruiting that that was as good as it was going to get. How far the bar has fallen in a decade.

Top Bottom