***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Missed free throws, multiple turnovers and a missed dunk in the final 5 minutes. And out rebounded. No discipline at all. Embarrassing.

Also, please take this into account. Wisconsin is going to win the big 10. Friggin Wisconsin.

The Big 10 sucks!

Easiest team in college ball to scout. We run one play. We never fast break, and we don’t sprint back on defense, hard to win unless you shoot brilliantly, and we don’t have that in our gene pool.

Like usual, opponent made adjustments at half. We did nothing different. If Pitino is still here next year, i'm out for season tickets after 20 years.
We've said we'd keep ours forever. Going to these games is a part of our lives. But it's hard to think about laying down four figures of money for another year of this.

And for some damn reason I continue to watch........ So frustrating!

They ran the same frickin hedge against Carr that teams started running months ago - we have not changed offense one bit to adjust

Demir has made worse decisions at this stage of the game in about 5 close losses. Inhens pass as a result of oturu and Peyton passing up shots. Unreal. Play the freshman.
Quoting myself because this season, Demir continuously played outside of his role in crunch time and closed the possibility of comebacks in nearly 5 games. Pitino f’d up our power forward situation so badly this year. 2 liabilities and a rising freshman. Explain to me why the only one with an upside has the shortest leash.

None of which is a coaching issue, amirite?
You saw the game. He needs more players or the next coach does. But the players he had were in a position to win tonight and did not finish plays or make free throws. I will say that we did not play as good of defense as we needed to. I am fine with whatever happens to Pitino. Either way.

I'm trying to picture this with no Oturu..........a raw PF coming in, and a 6'0" guard averaging 11 points per game in high school coming in.

I'm picturing carnage, but maybe someone else can re-direct me.

Quoting myself because this season, Demir continuously played outside of his role in crunch time and closed the possibility of comebacks in nearly 5 games. Pitino f’d up our power forward situation so badly this year. 2 liabilities and a rising freshman. Explain to me why the only one with an upside has the shortest leash.
He did think he had Curry. But Demir turned out to be not much help.

You saw the game. He needs more players or the next coach does. But the players he had were in a position to win tonight and did not finish plays or make free throws. I will say that we did not play as good of defense as we needed to. I am fine with whatever happens to Pitino. Either way.

As far as I know, all teams that lose don't make the plays or finish plays.

I could be wrong though.

This program is where it is at and going nowhere because of the coach not because of missed FTs.
The number of wins this season has been negatively impacted by poor ft shooting.

Pitino missed 2 of 3 ft, amirite?
I mean eventually it is a coaching issue. If this was a one year thing, OK. But it's been a continual issue under Pitino. So you either need to find a way to "coach" them better on FT's or find players who can shoot FT's, and other shots.

These are the players he recruited. If Pitino needs more players isn’t that on him?

good effort just seem to run out of gas at the end. The look in Gabe's face after missing those two said it all..

Pitino recruited guys who cant shoot, amirite?
Would you have viewed Kalscheur as a guy that can't shoot? I would have recruited him as a shooter.

There are definite deficits in what he has recruited. It has gotten better and needs to get better yet. At the two and three we are lacking athleticism and speed and Kalscheur's slump has exacerbated that issue.

Tonight we got Oturu 27 shots- we should win almost every game that he gets 27 shots off in because he shoots almost 60 percent. But tonight - he shot about 40% (11-27) and just had some crazy misses 4 sure things under ordinary conditions. Demir misses an open layup with no one on him. We shoot 8-14 from the FT line and Gabe misses 2 for 3. It's surreal but it keeps happening.

Top Bottom