***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Dainja puts his shoulder down and Payne doesn’t even move an inch. Like a boulder.

Get back in the weightroom tubby

He built a frickin house in the lane

Move it or shoot it
The lack of calling three seconds ever is making it too hard on defenses.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen it called.

It’s embarrassing and the announcers never say anything either - complicit.

Illinois is just more talented. Have turned up the defense a notch too.

We're just gliding along. If Fox isn't on the floor, we don't have anyone that'll really outwork you.
Lack of effort hasn’t been an issue, our guys are playing heavy minutes and we have zero points from our bench.

They’re much much deeper than we are.

Close game throughout could get a very ugly score late

Missed throws aren't helping either

Similar to the Purdue game looks like we are going to come up short on the road against a good team. Good effort, Illinois just had too much firepower. Go win the two final home games and then try and take down Northwestern on the road to ride some momentum into the Big Ten Tournament where we will hopefully have a home court advantage of some kind.

I'd be surprised if they make the second weekend. Refs are going to make traveling calls and Shannon isn't going to be bailed out.
Maybe that’s part of the Big Ten curse: we employ a bunch of whack ass refs. Can’t fire em, Chicago police union style. Brotherhood protected

You're not wrong, I just want to win these games and we're not good enough to win these games yet.
I agree the good thing is we’re not the far away and did Illini blow us out by 30 two or three times last season?

This game and the Purdue game show the quantum leaps made from last year to this and that we have a chance to have an actual basketball program again as we did during Clem’s tenure.

Shannon with blatant illegal pick. Looked like a fullback.

Zero bench points is not good in a game like this. Lack of depth.
The lack of bench points is concerning but some of that is that the two key guys off the bench right now are not in there for offense in Carrington and Fox. The 7 man rotation has been working pretty well.

Top Bottom