***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Izzo is the master...we seemed to have no plan to start the second half. 0-5 to start with forced up circus shots? Izzo..coaches them up. That's the difference. We'll be ok, we need to learn how to win these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt about it. Izzo had a senior play a career game tonight.

Also, it's clear these guys don't know what it takes to win at a big time level yet.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Horrible loss and basically unforgivable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate Mason wanted to be the hero, plain and simple. Didn't and wouldn't look at passing the ball. Tough when you commit the game-losing foul too.

it didnt help that McBrayer was clanking open shots and Coffey did nothing with end of reg. time. Whenwas the last time Gopher mens hit a game-winning shot, Hoffarber against Indiana?

Come back from the ledge gentlemen! We're still the NIT hopeful / NCAA potential team we have been all season. Go Gophers. Fun (albeit disappointing) game to watch.

Brutal, soul-crushing loss. Just another day as a Gopher fan.

They just don't have the go to player right now. In the future it will be Coffey, but he isn't there yet. We played scared late in the game and it cost us.

Come back from the ledge gentlemen! We're still the NIT hopeful / NCAA potential team we have been all season. Go Gophers. Fun (albeit disappointing) game to watch.

This is at best a 6 win B10 team...They do not know how to win big games yet and they have a complete tool as a HC....Not sure if that is good enough for the NIT

Really tough loss. Remember, we're still pretty young. Can't expect to win when you give away a 15point lead. I don't know if anyone remembers me saying this but remember during and after the FSU game I kept saying that we needed to make our FT's. Well, we missed 16 and lost by 1..you do the math...

I'll take 68.9% if we shoot 45 free throws. I'm not sure what our FG percentage was in the 2nd half but it couldn't have been much above 25%.

Positive is the quality play Bakary gave us down the stretch. The Mali Mauler gave us a chance.

I'd now say 4-14 is worst case, 10-8 best case, 7-11 most likely.

Lol at some of the morbid season projections after one late loss. Awful game, but come on, lots of ball left to play.

This is at best a 6 win B10 team...They do not know how to win big games yet and they have a complete tool as a HC....Not sure if that is good enough for the NIT

^^^At best a 6 win team. Riiiiight, thanks for clarifying that for us. I'll stick with my prediction of 8 conference wins. Nothing has changed, besides that we can't win 18 conference games this season of course.

it didnt help that McBrayer was clanking open shots and Coffey did nothing with end of reg. time. Whenwas the last time Gopher mens hit a game-winning shot, Hoffarber against Indiana?

Westbrook at Penn State.

Refer to these quotes often from here on out. It will be a time saver.

One coach got taken to the woodshed by a far superior coach in this one...guess which one sits on the maroon and gold bench.

Horrible loss and basically unforgivable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal, soul-crushing loss. Just another day as a Gopher fan.

2-8 now seems likely after 10 games.

Out coached. There is no other reason we lose this game

That one hurts.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What does it take?

hit some open shots, play smart D, make free throws. the team's not far from being very good, and also susceptible to long stretches of not good at all (lackadaisical D, poor shot selection). they are still not a "team"-type of team, rather a collection of pretty talented individuals

This hurt! What we do know is we have a pretty darn good team. Having lynch only a few minutes the whole night Hurt. Where was springs?

Still odds on favorites against Ohio State, Penn State x2, Maryland x2 (I'd be shocked if we won both those), Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers, Michigan, and Nebraska. Undoubtedly lose a couple, but to say 6 wins is the best case scenario is ludicrous. As I said before, come back from the ledge!

hit some open shots, play smart D, make free throws. the team's not far from being very good, and also susceptible to long stretches of not good at all (lackadaisical D, poor shot selection). they are still not a "team"-type of team, rather a collection of pretty talented individuals
Exactly. One team executed down the stretch, looked poised and was confident they would win. That team wasn't the Gophers. Still have a long way to go imo.

This hurt! What we do know is we have a pretty darn good team. Having lynch only a few minutes the whole night Hurt. Where was springs?

You've gotta be joking, right? We just lost to a bottom 5 team in the big ten (ourselves included).

Top Bottom