***OFFICIAL MICHIGAN ST AT MINNESOTA, WILLIE JERSEY RETIREMENT DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Out of curiosity I checked the True Shooting % of college players, Nnaji was near the top with over 71%, anywhere in the high 40% and above is in the average range.

That's probably about right but you really want most of your players (or at least most of the ones who play much) to have a True Shooting Percentage of 50% or above. 71% is extremely high.

I get your point and of course it'd be nice, but ppg stats are a barometer of success. A lot of teams (Virginia for example) have bench guys who are just role defensive players (Jack Salt for example) and it'd be a travesty for him to take shots away from Ty Jerome, Kyle Guy, etc... Omersa is a great guy off the bench as is Williams. They play their roles diligently and all is good. We are losing games because we are not shooting as well as we should/could. Some will argue that'd be tired legs, but I just don't believe that myself with all the breaks and what kind of shape these guys are in. I'd also guess that Richard thought he'd get some production out of Ihnen, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Baylor plays 7 and their subs score 6, 4, and 4. Dukes subs go 6, 5, 4. Syracuse 5, 2, 2.

If you want some teams that have great depth it's Louisville and Florida State. Otherwise the rest play 7 or 8.
Your right except about Salt, he started close to a 100 games and until the very end of last year he was vital in the best screens Guy,Jerome and Hunter ever saw. The previous year Hunter was the 6th man. Your point is that very few teams have great depth but efficient role players are a must.

Your right except about Salt, he started close to a 100 games and until the very end of last year he was vital in the best screens Guy,Jerome and Hunter ever saw. The previous year Hunter was the 6th man. Your point is that very few teams have great depth but efficient role players are a must.
Good call on Salt. He was valuable on offense as well. Still stand by the point that he shouldn’t be taking shots from those other guys. He was a great example of finding ways to bring offense without scoring it himself.
100% on efficient bench guys. I actually see Omersa and Greenlee turning into that type of guys.

Top Bottom