***OFFICIAL MARYLAND AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Twenty turnovers.
Even 20 possessions where they turned the ball over before a FG attempt could be made, doesn't fully explain the difference in FG attempts?

63 to 38?

Was Maryland was getting twice as many FG attempts per possession, or something like that?

Payne, Ola Joseph and Henley are all showing improvement. The older guys- Battle is significantly worse this year, Cooper is sagging midseason. Samuels is overmatched as is Thompson.
Battle has not been the same all season one has to think he came back to quickly from foot surgery and played to many minutes right away and it’s hampered him all season.

Even 20 possessions where they turned the ball over before a FG attempt could be made, doesn't fully explain the difference in FG attempts?

63 to 38?

Was Maryland was getting twice as many FG attempts per possession, or something like that?
We took a lot of free throws, 24 to Maryland's 11, we had 11 more turnovers and they had 6 more rebounds. There's your difference.

Battle has not been the same all season one has to think he came back to quickly from foot surgery and played to many minutes right away and it’s hampered him all season.
Reminds of Leidner. NFL bound and then the foot injury.

That's what it seems like.

Reminds of Leidner. NFL bound and then the foot injury.
Something is for sure going on with him. For three years he was comfortable shooting and this year doesn’t look comfortable and last year would take it to the basket and doesn’t do that this year and heard he put in a ton of work in off season.

Something is for sure going on with him. For three years he was comfortable shooting and this year doesn’t look comfortable and last year would take it to the basket and doesn’t do that this year and heard he put in a ton of work in off season.
He lost Willis who drew a lot of attention and made plays for him.

He lost Willis who drew a lot of attention and made plays for him.
Agree to bad more people don’t recognize that now all they do is have him stand in corner no flow to offense and ball doesn’t move like last year. Battle will move on a succeed like Gabe somewhere else. Heard he graduates in May.
One of my favorite Battle plays was last year’s Wisconsin game when Willis had Daniels set a screen and Battle dunked it. Miss that kid.
Was watching Iowa versus Illinois yesterday and the announcer said McCaffrey develops players. I don’t see that with Ben.

Ben is in over his head, he needs to hire an assistant that has been a head coach at a level higher than MN high school class 3A. I'm sure Thorson adds value but he shouldn't be the top assistant.

Because he wanted Seniors to fill a slot for one year, and then to use that slot when he had a full year to recruit freshmen. He's trying to build for the long term vs use the portal to win in the short term. Either approach can work, he's doing the former. With all the injuries, this team is indeed hurting, but freshman are certainly getting a lot of minutes. I'm still upbeat for next year.

He should have recruited better FR if he wanted to use so many.

The funny thing is...if Ben's rebuild works and we're good in 2 years...everyone here will say they were right all along with all their wrong opinions. That always happens. It's literally like college BB & FB fans are totally delusional. I've seen this over & over.
Literally this never happens. The gophers have never been good post scandal and no one has had to eat a take

Safest bet in sports is that eventually a gopher coach will get fired in hoops.

Battle was simply better last year when we had someone who could dribble on the team who could also score.
Battle can’t create his own shot but is a great complementary player. Issue this year being there is no one to complement.

We took a lot of free throws, 24 to Maryland's 11, we had 11 more turnovers and they had 6 more rebounds. There's your difference.
Is there somewhere in the box score that shows the total number of offensive possessions for each team, which I assume must be either equal or +/-1?

Also assume that if, for example, you get the ball down, take a shot and miss, and get an offensive rebound, then take another shot, that all counts as a single offensive possession.

Top Bottom