Official March Madness Thread

Bought into the New Mexico hype and had them winning two games.....dumb. Their offense looks very familiar. Mash and House chucking it up. If their hot, NM is good....when they're not.......yuck.

Watching this I wondered the following: Does anyone wish we had Mashburn instead of Hawkins and Mitchell?

I wonder if Mashburn hits the portal. He has the optional year left.

Bought into the New Mexico hype and had them winning two games.....dumb. Their offense looks very familiar. Mash and House chucking it up. If their hot, NM is good....when they're not.......yuck.

Pitino has always run a "let your star improvise" offense. Can get really ugly when opposing teams just focus on those guys. New Mexico has only five assists FFS.

Watching this I wondered the following: Does anyone wish we had Mashburn instead of Hawkins and Mitchell?

I wonder if Mashburn hits the portal. He has the optional year left.

Certainly not over Hawkins. Mitchell maybe. I haven't watched nearly enough of NMSU to determine that.

Wow. Mashburn is only averaging 1.5 assists per game. That's terrible for a starting guard who's a senior that plays nearly 30 minutes a game.

Richie Pitino showing his excellent coaching acumen once again. Man his team is good! He's a hell of a coach. Well deserved tournament birth. If only Coyle would have given him more time.

Certainly not over Hawkins. Mitchell maybe. I haven't watched nearly enough of NMSU to determine that.

Wow. Mashburn is only averaging 1.5 assists per game. That's terrible for a starting guard who's a senior that plays nearly 30 minutes a game.

He only averages .4 steals per game too. Mitchell averages 1.5 and Hawkins averages 1.7.

Even though I picked them, would truly love to see Yale knock off Auburn. Think Pearl may be slimier than any head coach in college BB. Dislike him immensely.

Danny Wolf from Yale just fouled out. He came here on a visit in 2021. Averaged 14 points/10 rebounds/2.5 assists as a sophomore.

Epic choke job by Colorado.
Whatever happens, they deserve this. They thought they had the game in the bag and went into run the clock mode. I will never understand what coaches do this.

What a shame to see Bruce Pearl go down in flames. I love it when dirtbags get humilated, especially that dirtbag.

Danny Wolf from Yale just fouled out. He came here on a visit in 2021. Averaged 14 points/10 rebounds/2.5 assists as a sophomore.

Well, prior to college, he went to the Northfield Mount Hermon school so I guess it's not at all surprising that he took the Yale offer.

6 double digit seeds have won thus far in the opening round.
With 6 more to play as of this posting.

5 double digit seeds won last year in the opening round.

Last edited:

I was channeling Sid and talking about the Twin Cities. We don't have enough Minnesota alums in Chicago to blackball a Yalie from working here because he spurned us.
Yea, that was good. Think Holy Man missed the reference.

Nebraska getting slammed. Do not look good. Also....I'd hate to be one of those Nebraska fans sitting by Johnny Manziel.

Nebraska just needs to go home. No urgency, no fire. I like to see the B1G do well, even somewhat that annoying team to the west.

Top Bottom