***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Complete utter nonsense. First off, Johnson is not pressured to play any particular player. Pressured by who? For what reason? Do you also believe in a deep state?

Second, although Mitchell has been off his game recently, he may be a better mid range jump shooter. However, Carrington is unquestionably a better defender, a better rebounder, and better able to dribble drive to the hoop.

To suggest that the teams recent troubles have something to do with Carrington’s return is, let me say it again, nonsense!
Sure, if you want to ignore all metrics. Numbers don’t lie.

Sure, if you want to ignore all metrics. Numbers don’t lie.
Numbers don’t tell the whole story of what happens in a game. Those who have played it know that. You are questioning Garcia’s value to the team. Isn’t he the leading scorer, best FT %, among the best in reb’s and shooting %. Look at Carrington’s reb’s per minutes played.

oh, and you didn’t answer my question about your conspiracy theory about the coach being pressured to give kids minutes.

Acruelly, numbers are used to lie or in misinformation all of the time; especially when used like you have done, which is called false correlation. We could also say that the Gophers have played worse since the weather got colder, or since the calendar turned to 2024.

Last edited:

Mitchell is better than Carrington and does far more for this team on both ends of the floor. Truth is, this has gone south the moment Ben thrusted Careington into more meaningful minutes. How has that gone? Look at the +/- and it shows what a disaster it really is. Ben probably feels he has to play carrington to save his job. In actuality, it’s going to cost him it.

Says the guy that joined GopherHole on the exact day Mitchell committed to transfer to Minnesota. Over half of your posts are directly about Mitchell, or about players you think he should be getting minutes from.

I think Mitchell is a huge key to any sustained success this season, but you’re obviously a heavily biased relative or friend.

Numbers don’t tell the whole story of what happens in a game. Those who have played it know that. You are questioning Garcia’s value to the team. Isn’t he the leading scorer, best FT %, among the best in reb’s and shooting %. Look at Carrington’s reb’s per minutes played.

oh, and you didn’t answer my question about your conspiracy theory about the coach being pressured to give kids minutes.
Wrong guy. I never once mentioned Garcia. I think Garcia is a stud. He is really a stretch four playing out of position, but still a stud.

Hmmm, I must have stuck a nerve. The numbers actually do almost tell everything. There is no logical explanation for Carrington to be playing any sort of extended minutes and his +/- shows how detrimental it’s been. He disrupted the entire backcourt and the team has looked brutal because of it.

Says the guy that joined GopherHole on the exact day Mitchell committed to transfer to Minnesota. Over half of your posts are directly about Mitchell, or about players you think he should be getting minutes from.

I think Mitchell is a huge key to any sustained success this season, but you’re obviously a heavily biased relative or friend.
Just a frustrated fan. How can a team go from looking so cohesive and fluid to this in ten days. There aren’t many variables. I will allow you to name them.

Just a frustrated fan. How can a team go from looking so cohesive and fluid to this in ten days. There aren’t many variables. I will allow you to name them.
Just don’t feed your bullshit to Mike. It’s literally the last thing he needs to hear.

Two new posters with nothing to say but how great Mitchell is after he has played a few completely awful games. This place is so weird.

Wow! I’m beyond words. I’ll just say that we are all very, very fortunate that you are not coaching this team. You have an interesting take on talent.
Hes really not wrong. Garcia bogs down the offense and the ball movement is much worse with him in the game with his iso ball. His style doesnt mesh well with the rest. Hes needed tho becaue this team lacks enough high end front court talent but its not a coincidence that Dawson was on two teams already that instantly got better without him in their lineups and that the Gophers had much better ball movement when he was out including beating nebraska.

Just don’t feed your bullshit to Mike. It’s literally the last thing he needs to hear.
I don’t know Mike. You can act all cool and all but truth is I am nothing but a fan. Believe what you want. All I know is go back and rewatch when they were playing well to now. What changed? You don’t think just handing a kid valuable minutes after leaving then team for weeks has a contagion affect. It’s not just Mike. It’s Elijah. It’s the whole starting five. It disrupted everything. Say and think what you want.

Two new posters with nothing to say but how great Mitchell is after he has played a few completely awful games. This place is so weird.
I am seriously starting to doubt your reading comprehension. No one is saying Mitchell has been great. He is struggling. The entire team is. Once you have time to actually review what’s different and try analyze why we are struggling it’s as clear as day. Some on here refuse to recognize that. Instead they think they are clever and make accusations. So be it. Time will tell. I think we all know the outcome if the team continues to play like this.

Hes really not wrong. Garcia bogs down the offense and the ball movement is much worse with him in the game with his iso ball. His style doesnt mesh well with the rest. Hes needed tho becaue this team lacks enough high end front court talent but its not a coincidence that Dawson was on two teams already that instantly got better without him in their lineups and that the Gophers had much better ball movement when he was out including beating nebraska.
That’s a bit harsh. Dawson is an extremely talented big who is asked to play out of position. While I don’t like seeing him on the three point line he is basically unstoppable on the block. With a proper offense, Dawson is first for second team all big ten.

+

I know that might seem like wordsmithing to you because you struggle but to normal people it's just common sense.

There is a difference between "you're an idiot" and "you're acting like an idiot". It didn't take going to law school to figure that out.
I chuckled at your non distinction distinction. Nice try. If that poster was your client, it would be another loss. As I've told you before, I'd never hire you.

I chuckled at your non distinction distinction. Nice try. If that poster was your client, it would be another loss. As I've told you before, I'd never hire you.
It was clearly a distinction and now you feel bashful. You shouldn't, you do a litany of stupid things every day that you don't even know about. You have the blissful ignorance of an idiot.

All of us know it's a distinction. Elementary school kids know it's a distinction. There has ALWAYS been a distinction saying someone is "acting like a _______" and someone "is a __________". Everyone on the planet has acted like an asshole, some people are assholes. Again, I'm explaining things to you that every child knows. But keep digging, it's funny for us. It's like watching a cat play with string.

As to the bolded, you say this to me all the time and I've never given any reason for you to think I would be even remotely interested in working for you. Do you think lawyers are dying for broke clients who are clearly (see this thread) not bright enough to know when they've lost?

Lastly, you always bring up wins and losses with attorneys like it's a sport. Are you 7 years old? In my line of work, I almost never lose a case. That said, neither do any of the other attorneys in my space. You would only actually go to trial if you knew you were going to win, so about 99 % of things settle. The only cases that go to trial are the ones with those desperate clients who aren't bright enough to know when they've lost (so a client like you but with money).

Just so you know, telling a lawyer "i'd never be your client" and then bringing up a win/loss record like we're starting pitchers makes you look laughably stupid. Your concept of what a lawyer does is that of a 12 year old.

Hawkins gets abused defensively, teams are looking for a switch and then it becomes an easy basket. He provides offensive skill but overall not 38 minutes worth. Even out the minutes and find out what works best on any given night. No one on this team should be getting 38 minutes.

That’s a bit harsh. Dawson is an extremely talented big who is asked to play out of position. While I don’t like seeing him on the three point line he is basically unstoppable on the block. With a proper offense, Dawson is first for second team all big ten.

Hes played the 4 many times for multiple teams. He does bog down the offense. Again its not really his fault that his game is catered to more iso than ball movment its just the type of player he is but its a fact.

Its not harsh to point out that UNC quite literally went from NIT to a national contender the moment he rolled out.

Hes a guy whose going to get his but his buckets are empty calories a lot. Heck we lost both his 30+ pt games against BIG10 teams. There is a reason for that, its actually more on Ben to make it work better.

Hes played the 4 many times for multiple teams. He does bog down the offense. Again its not really his fault that his game is catered to more iso than ball movment its just the type of player he is but its a fact.

Its not harsh to point out that UNC quite literally went from NIT to a national contender the moment he rolled out.

Hes a guy whose going to get his but his buckets are empty calories a lot. Heck we lost both his 30+ pt games against BIG10 teams. There is a reason for that, its actually more on Ben to make it work better.
You’re saying some points are better than other points? Wtf? Not disagreeing with the rest of your post but that really doesn’t make sense.

It was clearly a distinction and now you feel bashful. You shouldn't, you do a litany of stupid things every day that you don't even know about. You have the blissful ignorance of an idiot.

All of us know it's a distinction. Elementary school kids know it's a distinction. There has ALWAYS been a distinction saying someone is "acting like a _______" and someone "is a __________". Everyone on the planet has acted like an asshole, some people are assholes. Again, I'm explaining things to you that every child knows. But keep digging, it's funny for us. It's like watching a cat play with string.

As to the bolded, you say this to me all the time and I've never given any reason for you to think I would be even remotely interested in working for you. Do you think lawyers are dying for broke clients who are clearly (see this thread) not bright enough to know when they've lost?

Lastly, you always bring up wins and losses with attorneys like it's a sport. Are you 7 years old? In my line of work, I almost never lose a case. That said, neither do any of the other attorneys in my space. You would only actually go to trial if you knew you were going to win, so about 99 % of things settle. The only cases that go to trial are the ones with those desperate clients who aren't bright enough to know when they've lost (so a client like you but with money).

Just so you know, telling a lawyer "i'd never be your client" and then bringing up a win/loss record like we're starting pitchers makes you look laughably stupid. Your concept of what a lawyer does is that of a 12 year old.
Jamiche is best on ignore. He provides zero posting value and his secret sauce is to find something personal about others and weave it into the conversation to attempt to lower them to his own level. I have had him on ignore for years - it works well. 😀

Sick burn.....

You’re saying some points are better than other points? Wtf? Not disagreeing with the rest of your post but that really doesn’t make sense.

Yes because its not like Dawson is getting those pts every possession(or any ball dominant player its not exclusive to him)

More points for the team is better than more points for an invidual.

As I said in my other post its more on Ben to make it work, but the gophers offense like most offenses works better when the ball is constantly moving not sticking to one guy

Thats where the expression in basketball has always come from "let *blank* get his and stop everyone else"

Like its certainly not Dawsons fault we got trucked by OSU. But having him go for 36 while the rest of the offense has no flow is not a good strategy because of all the empty possessions it results in. It was similar in the Iowa game. In the final 9 minutes there was never a feeling a full run could happen because we had no one who could make a shot. Our offense was basically have Garcia barrel to the rim and hope for free throws.

Meanwhile Iowa was cutting to the rim and knifing through our D at will with all their guys

If you hire a shitty attorney you are going to end up with bad advice and a lousy settlement. I'd never hire you because you are all ego and no brains, you are easily manipulated and you can't think half a step ahead.

Jamiche is best on ignore. He provides zero posting value and his secret sauce is to find something personal about others and weave it into the conversation to attempt to lower them to his own level. I have had him on ignore for years - it works well. 😀
You comment on my posts just often enough that I know you read everything I write.

Yes because its not like Dawson is getting those pts every possession(or any ball dominant player its not exclusive to him)

More points for the team is better than more points for an invidual.

As I said in my other post its more on Ben to make it work, but the gophers offense like most offenses works better when the ball is constantly moving not sticking to one guy

Thats where the expression in basketball has always come from "let *blank* get his and stop everyone else"

Like its certainly not Dawsons fault we got trucked by OSU. But having him go for 36 while the rest of the offense has no flow is not a good strategy because of all the empty possessions it results in. It was similar in the Iowa game. In the final 9 minutes there was never a feeling a full run could happen because we had no one who could make a shot. Our offense was basically have Garcia barrel to the rim and hope for free throws.

Meanwhile Iowa was cutting to the rim and knifing through our D at will with all their guys
Ffs. Neither are any of the other players. Garcia is one of the most efficient players we have on offense and you’re suggesting he not get the ball as much on offense.

Ffs. Neither are any of the other players. Garcia is one of the most efficient players we have on offense and you’re suggesting he not get the ball as much on offense.
Exactly. 30 points on 17 shots shooting over 50% is pretty efficient. He’s also our only player who can consistently get to the free throw line.
Garcia has by far the highest offensive efficiency rate on the team, both over all games and conference games.

Exactly. 30 points on 17 shots shooting over 50% is pretty efficient. He’s also our only player who can consistently get to the free throw line.
Garcia has by far the highest offensive efficiency rate on the team, both over all games and conference games.

I agree with your post on the whole but Garcia is not the only player who gets to the free throw consistently. Unfortunately, the other one doesn't make them often enough.

You had nothing to actually refute my claims. Do you watch the games?? Watch the offense when hes in it bogs down.

Hes also got a eFG% of 48.3% thats not great offense. His free throw shooting has been elite. Thats about all he does really well on offense which again doesnt help much when its all iso.

at least watch the games before refutting. As I said, Iowa used everyone moved the ball and torched us. We stood around and watched 1 guy score every 3 trips while Iowa scored 2/3 trips as a team. Bad strategy. Its again why in 4 years hes never been the focal point of a good team and why we lose when he scores in bulk. If you dont know what empty points are I dont know what to tell ya

You had nothing to actually refute my claims. Do you watch the games?? Watch the offense when hes in it bogs down.

Hes also got a eFG% of 48.3% thats not great offense. His free throw shooting has been elite. Thats about all he does really well on offense which again doesnt help much when its all iso.

at least watch the games before refutting. As I said, Iowa used everyone moved the ball and torched us. We stood around and watched 1 guy score every 3 trips while Iowa scored 2/3 trips as a team. Bad strategy. Its again why in 4 years hes never been the focal point of a good team and why we lose when he scores in bulk. If you dont know what empty points are I dont know what to tell ya
You make a lot of assumptions. First you assume I don’t watch games, and second, you assume that Garcia getting the ball less would result in more points somehow. Both silly assumptions. If Garcia is one of our most efficient players then I have no problem continuing to give him the ball. He’s proven he is a go to guy. So far nobody else has done that. What is rotating the ball around to others going to do for us? Make us 5-35 or 5-40 from three point? If Garcia had been taking dumb 3 point attempts all game I could see your argument but he was I think the only player that had an open look from 3 and decided not to take it.

You make a lot of assumptions. First you assume I don’t watch games, and second, you assume that Garcia getting the ball less would result in more points somehow. Both silly assumptions. If Garcia is one of our most efficient players then I have no problem continuing to give him the ball. He’s proven he is a go to guy. So far nobody else has done that. What is rotating the ball around to others going to do for us? Make us 5-35 or 5-40 from three point? If Garcia had been taking dumb 3 point attempts all game I could see your argument but he was I think the only player that had an open look from 3 and decided not to take it.

What?!?!?!?!

Hes not efficient(unless its free throws) I just gave you his Efg%, 48.3 is a very blah number. He does shoot 3s, he takes like 3 a game and shoots them at 20%. What are you talking about lol.

Today again hes 6/17 at the time of this writing, he draws fouls(or shoots techs) but if you think anything else about his game is efficient I dont know what to tell you. My assumption of you not watching is me being nice, the alternative is to say you do watch and just lack any competence.

Hes 6'11 and shoots like 45% from the floor, what is efficient about that? Hes not terrible by any means hes one of the most naturally skilled players on the team, but that doesnt mean you run iso through him. Its proven to NOT WORK. For 3 different programs.

What?!?!?!?!

Hes not efficient(unless its free throws) I just gave you his Efg%, 48.3 is a very blah number. He does shoot 3s, he takes like 3 a game and shoots them at 20%. What are you talking about lol.

Today again hes 6/17 at the time of this writing, he draws fouls(or shoots techs) but if you think anything else about his game is efficient I dont know what to tell you. My assumption of you not watching is me being nice, the alternative is to say you do watch and just lack any competence.

Hes 6'11 and shoots like 45% from the floor, what is efficient about that? Hes not terrible by any means hes one of the most naturally skilled players on the team, but that doesnt mean you run iso through him. Its proven to NOT WORK. For 3 different programs.
Compared to the rest of our team he is. Suggesting we not give it to the best player on the team is idiotic.

Top Bottom